NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I prefer the classic look. If they want to do an alternate, that is fine, but they should not mess with the main jerseys.

Yeah, don't touch the gold and purple, but you'd think on the City jersey they'd put their city name but I guess the Lakers are too good for that?

5 hours ago, Discogod said:

Clippers used to use a script "Los Angeles" on their road jerseys, back in the late 80s.

I've got a picture somewhere of a prototype Lakers jersey from the early 70s with "Los Angeles" wordmark. If I can find it I'll post it, it didn't look good from what I remember. 

I know the Clippers have used it more often, but they have their own branding problems. I'd love to see the script return for the Clippers.

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Disagree. If Jeanie Buss was running this team in St. Paul, MN I think they’d still be successful.

BUT...I do agree I’d love to see a white Lakers jersey with Los Angeles on it, even as a straight throwback.

They'd certainly still be good, but let's be honest, the draw of the large market has helped out a lot. I don't even want them to replace the main jerseys, but since they're referencing the blue and white jerseys they should use that awesome script on those jerseys. Of course, I'm a sucker for the MPLS jerseys, that powder blue and yellow cannot be denied.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Discogod said:

Clippers used to use a script "Los Angeles" on their road jerseys, back in the late 80s.

Not only in 80's, Clippers third from 00's, away, third and nautical from 2010-2015 also had "Los Angeles" on jerseys. Now they have "LA" on statement jersey (yes I know it's a logo) + "LA" was on 18/19 City and "Los Angeles" on 19/20 City.

4r2eer.png

7 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Disagree. If Jeanie Buss was running this team in St. Paul, MN I think they’d still be successful.

BUT...I do agree I’d love to see a white Lakers jersey with Los Angeles on it, even as a straight throwback.

Successful is very different than what the Lakers have accomplished. Do you honestly think LeBron and Davis would be suiting up for the Minneapolis Lakers?

It is long overdue to embrace LA branding more. The Dodgers cap is globally famous in large part because of the city it represents, you’d think the Lakers would want a piece of that and not just from being the Lakers.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, JTernup said:

Successful is very different than what the Lakers have accomplished. Do you honestly think LeBron and Davis would be suiting up for the Minneapolis Lakers?

It is long overdue to embrace LA branding more. The Dodgers cap is globally famous in large part because of the city it represents, you’d think the Lakers would want a piece of that and not just from being the Lakers.

Are you guys talking about the LAkers?

Nike + the Wizards have updated their statement jersey to feature the Jumpman logo. 

Is Nike doing this for every statement jersey? Or is this because Jordan athlete Rui Hachimura is on the team? 

Either way: this is my least favorite of the Wizards' three standard kits. 

4 minutes ago, keynote said:

Nike + the Wizards have updated their statement jersey to feature the Jumpman logo. 

Is Nike doing this for every statement jersey? Or is this because Jordan athlete Rui Hachimura is on the team? 

Either way: this is my least favorite of the Wizards' three standard kits. 

All Statement jerseys will have the Jumpman logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Speaking of jumpman logos. Pelicans have their red jumpman jerseys on sale 

new-orleans-pelicans-pelicans-statement-
Which could only mean they're keeping these for next season. Why I mention that is because it's been mentioned the pelicans will be getting a new jersey set so if that happens to be true then it'll be only their icon and association jerseys changing (city of course too maybe). Like I said I don't know if it's even true that they're getting new jerseys 

IMG-7122.gif

12 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Which could only mean they're keeping these for next season. Why I mention that is because it's been mentioned the pelicans will be getting a new jersey set so if that happens to be true then it'll be only their icon and association jerseys changing (city of course too maybe). Like I said I don't know if it's even true that they're getting new jerseys 

Pelicans Association and Icon jerseys for next season is also available:

https://www.fanatics.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/zion-williamson-new-orleans-pelicans-nike-2020/21-swingman-jersey-white-association-edition/o-7970+t-70814130+p-1407741733+z-8-2186833833?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r1c0:po-3

https://www.fanatics.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/zion-williamson-new-orleans-pelicans-nike-2020/21-swingman-jersey-navy-icon-edition/o-2425+t-25149663+p-25183059363+z-9-1986669049?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r2c0:po-6

13 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Doesn't a sale usually mean they're not keeping them?

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Sale as in available to purchase. They have the jump man logo and designated as 20-21 jerseys

I guess the confusion stems from the difference between "for sale" and "on sale," the latter having two meanings, e.g., "the new iPhone 12, on sale now!" versus "there is a sale on the iPhone 11s."

It could also be on sale even if the statement jerseys are going to be worn in 20-21 if that particular player has/will be traded.

Archived