New (Old) Canada Jerseys!

NickNickNick

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but Team Canada will be wearing retro 1920 hockey jerseys against the US on Tuesday evening.

It's the same jersey worn by the Winnipeg Falcons when Canada won their first gold medal at the Olympics in 1920.

Cream Coloured with a red leaf, blue stripe down the middle. 'Canada' across the leaf.

There's a preview at: http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1905 is the year that saskatchewan and alberta joined canadian confederation

Prior to that, it was Northwest Territories. And prior to that, it was called Rupert's Land or something like that. Before that, I guess "New World." So, going back to the last Ice Age, I'd estimate that Saskatchewan has been cold since....oohhhh....umm.......forever.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

1905 is the year that saskatchewan and alberta joined canadian confederation

Prior to that, it was Northwest Territories. And prior to that, it was called Rupert's Land or something like that. Before that, I guess "New World." So, going back to the last Ice Age, I'd estimate that Saskatchewan has been cold since....oohhhh....umm.......forever.

Well, it wasn't called Saskatchewan before 1905, smarty pants. Thus, Saskatchewan can't be cold before 1905.

It's a funny sig, get over it...

I'm pretty certain it was cold in this area for quite awhile before 1905.

However, it wasn't called Saskatchewan then, and depending on how old you believe the earth is, (let's say the most conservative among you believe it's about 6000 years old) it'd be a lot of space to count down from 3000BC. My sign would probably be several pages long.

Thus, the cutoff point.

Why is it always my topics get so off-course?

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

canada_1920_jersey_big.jpg

I like the jersey as a jersey, but for Canada, it's really weird.

In that it's yellow and NOT red?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

Let's not be to harsh on rmered here. After all, he's Australian. What do they know about cold?  Or Saskatchewan for that matter..... :D

Thanks for the support, quadival, though I was being a bit of a smart alec.

As for cold, it's winter here, and the other day it only got up to 13 Celsius, which is about 55 F. Brrrrrrrr.

And one night, over winter, it got down to 0 (32f)

As for the hockey shirt. Ewww, Baby poo yellow with a Maple Leaf.

It looks like the sort of shirt people don't look twice at in dodgy souvenir shops in Gastown.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Team Canada's goal scored by number 66, Canada. Assisted by number 91, Canada, and number 12, Canada.

The colour is growing on me, the maple leaf is absolutely wicked (reminds me of a familiar fantasy team in the GCFHL -Toronto Frenchies' ALT Jersey

But the name plate all saying Canada??? no way... we need the names, especially when guys don't wear their regular numbers.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I dunno. Seein' it in action kinda makes me like it a bit. That's not to say I'd go out and buy one at a sports store or anything, but I think it's kinda unique. I'm used to seeing red/white/black when Team Canada plays, and this is a change.

One thing though: that leaf is HUGE!!! In the pic Roger Clemente posted, it didn't look that big. :blink:

Wagner Athletic Group

Team Canada's goal scored by number 66, Canada. Assisted by number 91, Canada, and number 12, Canada.

The colour is growing on me, the maple leaf is absolutely wicked (reminds me of a familiar fantasy team in the GCFHL -Toronto Frenchies' ALT Jersey

But the name plate all saying Canada??? no way... we need the names, especially when guys don't wear their regular numbers.

Yeah, if it's your hometown team or something, you'd know the numbers, but all the players have different numbers, so you don't have a clue who some of them are.

Archived