Old Guys in "Modern" Uniforms

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hough-Charlie-FLA.jpg

Charlie Hough, the knuckleballer whose career lasted almost a quarter-century, played the last two seasons of his career for the young Florida Marlins (and kudos to him wearing the uniform and stirrups the RIGHT way here).

UBwef0L.png

Cecil Fielder was only 35 on the Angels, but I felt like my ost everybody looked a good in this set; big fat guys especially:

317926.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Maybe the faux vest helped trim down the fatties?  This look... while a better uniform... isn't as flattering.

lkf5CWUr8Mtqb87RTaws5OdXVyKqxESRAM7PnkJv

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, M4One said:

I'm a little surprised that the G.O.A.T. hasn't already been posted yet.

spacer.png

I wouldn't have bet on seeing Tim Donaghy in this thread.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe Washington Hockey Team has had that awful uniform for what - 15 years now?  Are they the last team using an Edge template?  I'm in the minority of not hating the wordmark, but the sleeves are just brutal.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I can't believe Washington Hockey Team has had that awful uniform for what - 15 years now?  Are they the last team using an Edge template?  I'm in the minority of not hating the wordmark, but the sleeves are just brutal.  

Meh, it grows on you after a while. Plus, they've only missed the playoffs once (and won their first cup) while wearing it, so it may realistically be around for another five years or so.  

Also, the Bruins and Blue Jackets are still using their original edge template. The Senators are still using what looks to be their edge template too, but I'm assuming that'll change along with the logo.  

Btw I'm with you on not hating the wordmark... then again I'm definitely biased because they're my favorite team. That said, I'd be fine if they just put the Weagle on the front of the jerseys or went with a completely different design altogether. I'm not biased to the point of thinking the Caps Washington Hockey Team has the coolest most amazing logo and uniform set in the entire NHL. 

Archived