Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Uniforms, Logos, Colours

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also - all the backseat moderator votes are in.  The next person that posts anything McDonalds related in a thread about the Hawks or Chiefs is banned.  Grow up.

You don't have the control to actually ban me lol, btw DAE notice that the new Hawks uniforms kinda look likes they're from McDonalds???????? 😱🤪😳

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 7/25/2020 at 5:28 AM, L10nheart404 said:

We get it for the thousandth time... McDonald's is red and yellow, so are the Hawks, Chiefs, and Flames(another former Atlanta team)

On 7/25/2020 at 6:58 AM, Old School Fool said:

You mean to tell me teams can have the same colors as other teams and brands!?!? Unbelievable!! I never would have guessed!!!

I am not the 1000th person to make that comparison.

Anyway, yes, teams can have the same colors as other teams and brands.  It's not that unbelievable.  I guess you missed the point of me selecting those particular pictures to compare.  The abundance of white/yellow vertical stripes, the yellow/white-striped collar, the red base....  It looks like they not only stole the color scheme, but that they borrowed several design elements specifically from the McDonald's French Fry carton.  Thanks those specific design elements, they're gonna be running around looking like McDonald's french fry cartons.  And now that I pointed that out, you won't be able to unsee it.  

The funny thing is, before I posted that comparison, I was thinking to myself... "Should I post a caption, and explain that it is more than just color-scheme similarities?"  But I decided not to... I guess I should have, after all.  Sorry about that.

I think everyone understands that you're making the comparison because of the red base and alternating white/yellow stripes.  The thing is that those similarities are inevitable and happen all the time... and and as long as McDonald's isn't also their jersey advertiser, then it's purely coincidental and fine.

Hey did you know that the Golden State Warriors look like Ikea and Nesquik?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/26/2020 at 4:54 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I think everyone understands that you're making the comparison because of the red base and alternating white/yellow stripes.  The thing is that those similarities are inevitable and happen all the time... and and as long as McDonald's isn't also their jersey advertiser, then it's purely coincidental and fine.

Hey did you know that the Golden State Warriors look like Ikea and Nesquik?  

Still can't believe the Athetics copied Subway for their old school alts. What a bunch of :censored:ers...

On 7/25/2020 at 11:29 PM, chakfu said:

Interesting that this technically is a rare in-season unveiling.

Actually, isn’t the Hawks’ season already over? I didn’t think they were invited to the bubble. 

20 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Actually, isn’t the Hawks’ season already over? I didn’t think they were invited to the bubble. 

Yeah, I included "technically" because the 2019-20 season is still going, even if the Hawks aren't part of it anymore.

I would have liked to see the draft with new players infused into the season.

Actually, I thought they should resume with a midseason tourney in november followed by the 2nd half of a combined 2019-21 season.

10 hours ago, colortv said:

Come on, another red and black team?

They’re predominantly red and yellow, with a black alt. Prior to this they were red and black with volt trim. So the black is actually less prominent than before. 

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

They’re predominantly red and yellow, with a black alt. Prior to this they were red and black with volt trim. So the black is actually less prominent than before. 

Even so, Atlanta historically has had black and red. So it's not like this is anything new lol.

I guess it's a fault in the Hawks' historic branding that every cliche argument on this thing can be applied to them, almost always in a way that's unfair, but you can kinda see why they'd say that.

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

Even so, Atlanta historically has had black and red. So it's not like this is anything new lol.

If the Hawks, Bulls and Blazers were the only NBA teams with that scheme, I’d be happy. Let the Heat go with Vice, or go back to original unis with that brighter red and bring in the orange from the original logo too. The Raptors should be purple and red with black accents. Rockets should be red and yellow, maybe with grey accents. Cavs should be maroon and yellow and navy blue, or metallic gold instead of yellow, but they should never touch black again. 

Rant over. It just annoys me how much all these teams’ uniforms look like each other. There are so many good color schemes that aren’t used at all. 

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

If the Hawks, Bulls and Blazers were the only NBA teams with that scheme, I’d be happy. Let the Heat go with Vice, or go back to original unis with that brighter red and bring in the orange from the original logo too. The Raptors should be purple and red with black accents. Rockets should be red and yellow, maybe with grey accents. Cavs should be maroon and yellow and navy blue, or metallic gold instead of yellow, but they should never touch black again. 

Rant over. It just annoys me how much all these teams’ uniforms look like each other. There are so many good color schemes that aren’t used at all. 

Yeah, as you said before, the Hawks are a predominantly Red and yellow team now. The only black is the statement uniform. The red and white versions look nothing like the bulls, blazers..etc

These uniforms are fine, I guess. I don't know, it's the Hawks. How am I supposed to feel anything for yet another Hawks identity change? They might be the most forgettable team in the NBA, and that's saying something.

On 7/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, dont care said:

But in that time they went from a red and gold team, to a navy and red team, to a black and volt team, to now back to a red and gold team. Tell me another team that has had such a hard time trying to even stick to a color scheme much less a uniform.

The Milwaukee Bucks.

14 hours ago, DavidDunn21 said:

The Milwaukee Bucks.

San Diego Padres. Pre-90s Chicago White Sox. Miami Marlins. Buffalo Sabres at one time. Utah Jazz for awhile. 

Anaheim Ducks are settled on a scheme, but refuse to use a good one like they used to have. 

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

San Diego Padres. Pre-90s Chicago White Sox. Miami Marlins. Buffalo Sabres at one time. Utah Jazz for awhile. 

Anaheim Ducks are settled on a scheme, but refuse to use a good one like they used to have. 

I'd been thinking of teams that have relatively established "alternate palettes", allowing true "clash" alts that are a totally different scheme. Works well for city jerseys. But many of these were used so briefly they're practically one-offs and don't count.  Who has an alternate palette with enough historical use to have traction?

Miami heat - vice

Cavaliers - orange blue

Hawks - blue/red

White Sox- r/w/b

Chargers - navy or royal

Nets r/w/b

Mavericks green blue

Grizzlies teal

Clippers sky blue/burnt orange

Lakers light blue/yellow

Others have potential, but not established enough

Hawks blue/green

Timberwolves- prince purple

Bulls - city flag

Jazz - desert sunset; purple/copper

Bucks green/purple

Marlins pastel foolishness

Wizards blue/gold/black; black/orange

Devils red/green

Canucks black/red/gold

Interesting that it's mostly nba that comes to mind.

Archived