Uniforms with asymmetrical striping

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

img23165576.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 3:14 PM, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Matisse-Thybulle-comp-Kawhi-Leonard-Gett
For the Sixers, 4 stars on one side stripe of the jersey, 3 on the other.

I've never seen that before, but I think it's 7 stars (4-3) and 6 stars (3-3) when you include the pants. So it's literally 7-and-6 for the Seventy-Sixers. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Hot Mess #3 (this isn't even a stripe... it's a... block of orange?) 

3p1zZ0-VAVUdk4f513cfDPA2cL8OcuKIeAGiSyBc

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 8/5/2020 at 12:53 AM, pianoknight said:

I've never seen that before, but I think it's 7 stars (4-3) and 6 stars (3-3) when you include the pants. So it's literally 7-and-6 for the Seventy-Sixers. 

That's the side effect of it, but the goal is the 13 stars on the Betsy Ross flag(which is also the shorts "buckle" logo)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 8/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, _J_ said:

That's the side effect of it, but the goal is the 13 stars on the Betsy Ross flag(which is also the shorts "buckle" logo)

76ers = 7 + 6 = 13 Stars

Illuminati. 😝

UyDgMWP.jpg

As probably the only person on Earth who unironically loves this uniform: 
98gZVO3.jpgVjT1557.jpg
...I'll still admit that the asymmetry on display is easily these sweaters' fatal flaw. Straighten out the stripes (and numbers), put them lower on the hem so the blue's/red's not so overbearing, and I'd legitimately think this is a creative, beautiful, 9/10 uniform.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:27 AM, mcj882000 said:

As probably the only person on Earth who unironically loves this uniform: 

Your'e one of two.

Technically, Two of Two.  I'm One of Two.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This look of the first few years of the Miami Heat used to bug the heck out of me...
spacer.png

p.s. I'm so old, I saw  Rony Seikaly play for the Heat in person, in his first year in the NBA

It is what it is.

On 8/13/2020 at 12:07 PM, B-Rich said:

This look of the first few years of the Miami Heat used to bug the heck out of me...
spacer.png

p.s. I'm so old, I saw  Rony Seikaly play for the Heat in person, in his first year in the NBA

Before scrolling to the P.S., I was just thinking I was old because I could identify Rony Seikaly by sight.  You win.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived