Uniforms with asymmetrical striping

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 8/22/2020 at 6:03 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

1976 Dallas Cowboys helmet

For those not in the know . . . 

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 8/24/2020 at 1:24 PM, leopard88 said:

For those not in the know . . . 

spacer.png

That doesn't actually bother me all that much, assuming they didn't otherwise screw up the rest of the uniform.

Arizona had a similar helmet for a while and it was fantastic.

4e695a17ae018.image.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

31 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

That doesn't actually bother me all that much, assuming they didn't otherwise screw up the rest of the uniform.

Arizona had a similar helmet for a while and it was fantastic.

4e695a17ae018.image.jpg

It’s still asymmetrical which is the purpose of the thread, many of these looks are good. It doesn’t matter that they are asymmetrical. Cowboys though sticks out like a sore thumb with no red anywhere else in there branding and is just them playing up the “America’s team” moniker for the bicentennial 

On 7/24/2020 at 8:32 AM, leopard88 said:

And I almost forgot the quintessential 90s assymmetrical stripe uniforms.

spacer.png

Look at that type treatment! That's '90s!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

One of my favorites that I discovered a few years ago: the 1966 Ottawa Rough Riders. Sleeve stripes only on the right sleeves, and TV numbers oriented toward the front of the jersey. It's a pretty wild uniform, especially for the more traditional mid 60s. The below is a screencap from the 1966 Grey Cup broadcast (which is on YouTube). I had to screencap it because I couldn't find a picture with the whole uniform visible.

spacer.png

I also mocked it up so you could get the idea from a flat perspective.

rr2.png

This used to bug the heck outta me

Jason Williams Memphis Grizzlies Donyell Marshall Chicago Bulls | Memphis  grizzlies basketball, Jason williams, Memphis grizzliesJason Williams of the Memphis Grizzlies makes a no look pass against... | Jason  williams, Memphis grizzlies, Memphis grizzlies basketball

The stripe is on both sides of the jersey, but only on the right leg of the shorts. Should've left that side of the jersey blank like the Cavs did with these

Darius Miles of the Cleveland Cavaliers posts up Predrag Stojakovic... News  Photo - Getty Images

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 hours ago, Sport said:

This used to bug the heck outta me

The stripe is on both sides of the jersey, but only on the right leg of the shorts. Should've left that side of the jersey blank like the Cavs did with these

As a Grizzlies fan, the right side of that uniform is so stupid, and it's the only thing I've ever disliked about any of the team's uniforms.

1 hour ago, rattyrattera said:

spacer.png

Damn, if not for COVID we'd likely be seeing those returning as Arizona's full-time uniforms in the next few weeks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Unpopular opinion...I HATED those asymmetrical Arizona helmets.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived