NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

7 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

If the name were pronounced "Krey-kin" instead of "Crack-in", I might grow to tolerate it more. Even as the "Kreyks" in short would make it easier to accept. Unfortunately, Seattle pulled a Minnesota "Wild" and went with bushleague, gimmicky and ridiculous, no matter how great the logos and colours are.

:blink:

I think you may need to expound further.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I mean, there is a right and wrong way to pronounce something.  And kray-ken is wrong.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/kraken

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kraken

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/kraken

I know it's pronounced "Crack-in". Bring on the Krakhead and Krak House mockery. It's such a joke of a team name that it's not "Kraken" me up one bit.

24 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I know it's pronounced "Crack-in". Bring on the Krakhead and Krak House mockery. It's such a joke of a team name that it's not "Kraken" me up one bit.

We get it, you're not a fan of the name. Others are, and others who weren't fans at first and openly despised the name (like myself) have been won over by the branding itself. It's a fun name with good logos and an awesome color scheme, that's good enough for me.

And mocking happens to every team name, we've been over this before. A brand that's evocative, if capable of being mocked, is better then a brand that's so utterly boring that it loses appeal. This is a league where we have stuff like the Make-Me-Laffs and the Dead Wings; I'm sure opposing fans calling Seattle's fanbase "Krakheads" isn't going to be some disgrace.

Besides, it's a better name then "Canucks". 😜

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

We get it, you're not a fan of the name. Others are, and others who weren't fans at first and openly despised the name (like myself) have been won over by the branding itself. It's a fun name with good logos and an awesome color scheme, that's good enough for me.

And mocking happens to every team name, we've been over this before. A brand that's evocative, if capable of being mocked, is better then a brand that's so utterly boring that it loses appeal. This is a league where we have stuff like the Make-Me-Laffs and the Dead Wings; I'm sure opposing fans calling Seattle's fanbase "Krakheads" isn't going to be some disgrace.

Besides, it's a better name then "Canucks". 😜

"Kraken" is a better name than "Canucks". Really?? You just love "kraken" up sarcasm. A little too much sun for you, eh?

I mean in a vacuum, Canucks is just as goofy as Kraken. Arguably, it's goofier really. That doesn't matter though, because the team built history behind it and now it's considered an iconic NHL identity. Time and/or success can heal pretty much any nickname, and I don't think it will take long for this one to do just the same for many skeptics.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

"Kraken" is a better name than "Canucks". Really?? You just love "kraken" up sarcasm. A little too much sun for you, eh?

Jeebus.  Gain a sense of humor, please.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I havent seen these posted, but a nicer look at jersey renders...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not 100% accurate i'm assuming with number font and whatnot, but a nicer look at them and i think it makes them look a lot nicer than what we've seen so far.  It changed my opinion on the road slightly.  

It pains me to say it since this style is getting overdone i feel, but the road could benefit from having the whole sleeve carry over from the home.

EX3wVvS.png

46 minutes ago, B-mer said:

I havent seen these posted, but a nicer look at jersey renders...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not 100% accurate i'm assuming with number font and whatnot, but a nicer look at them and i think it makes them look a lot nicer than what we've seen so far.  It changed my opinion on the road slightly.  

It pains me to say it since this style is getting overdone i feel, but the road could benefit from having the whole sleeve carry over from the home.

EX3wVvS.png

So which one is it? The dark sleeve or the one with the white at the top?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

9 hours ago, ghost316 said:

Looking forward to uniforms, alts, mascot, promotions, etc.

Do the Redwings have a costumed octopus mascot?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

22 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

If the name were pronounced "Krey-kin" instead of "Crack-in", I might grow to tolerate it more. Even as the "Kreyks" in short would make it easier to accept

ClQYNM2WMAETGF5.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, henburg said:

now it's considered an iconic NHL identity

Citation needed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived