NFL 2020

FormerLurker

9 hours ago, Buc said:

The one thing that annoys me to no end about that otherwise great Bills uniform is the fact they still feel the need to force the thin navy outlines...remove those and everything becomes much cleaner (and the red outlines can more freely breathe on their own--right now it looks more like purple from certain distances.)

I definitely agree there. The white jersey is the worst with that effect. It's like they were afraid in 2011* to go all-in on just two colors, had to do at least one goofy decision. Aside from that and the gray facemask it's almost a perfect football uniform. 

*hard to believe these unis have been in use for 9 seasons already. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UnclearInitial said:

But not much to complain about on the Bills other than some minor nitpicks

I'm still a little disappointed that the striped white socks that were promised when they first unveiled the uniforms never materialized.

ft7bSVw.jpg

1 hour ago, Echo said:

I'm still a little disappointed that the striped white socks that were promised when they first unveiled the uniforms never materialized.

ft7bSVw.jpg

Man do these look so much better on the Nike template.

I love it when the NFL has a bunch of redesigns because of all the talk here about them. I am much more of a football uniform nerd than any other sport. I like logos no matter what sport but just really don't care much about the aesthetics of the rest. With that said I have noticed a trend in the responses only in these changes because that is the only ones I frequent & care to talk about. I am not lumping everybody into these categories because I do not deal in absolutes so please do not attack me that I am saying you only feel this way.

However here are my "categories". I fall into 2 mostly but I would take 1 over 3 or 4.

1. Mostly wants older style uniforms
  2. Does not mind the team to change to modern but only wants the change if they feel it would be better or best look they have
  3. Would just like to see a team change no matter what even if the change is a lateral move as long as it is different
  4. Mostly just wants #fire, #newdrip stuff.

Just curious what others would consider themselves. Also I feel like 1 & 2 just tend to care about the details more than 3 or 4 which is OK I guess.  😋

5 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

I love it when the NFL has a bunch of redesigns because of all the talk here about them. I am much more of football uniform nerd than any other sport. I like logos no matter what sport but just really don't care much about the aesthetics of the rest. With that said I have noticed a trend in the responses only in these changes because that is the only ones I frequent & care to talk about. I am not lumping everybody into these categories because I do not deal in absolutes so please do not attack me that I am saying you only feel this way.

However here are my "categories". I fall into 2 mostly but I would take 1 over 3 or 4.

1. Mostly wants older style uniforms
  2. Does not mind the team to change to modern but only wants the change if they feel it would be better or best look they have
  3. Would just like to see a team change no matter what even if the change is a lateral move as long as it is different
  4. Mostly just wants #fire, #newdrip stuff.

Just curious what others would consider themselves. Also I feel like 1 & 2 just tend to care about the details more than 3 or 4 which is OK I guess.  😋

I'm between 1 and 2, depending on the team. Newer teams like the Jaguars, Ravens, Texans, and Seahawks tend to fall more into 2 but most traditional teams are 1, for me personally.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I like when teams take a simplistic and/or traditional route with uniforms. So, technically I guess I fall under 1? However, I can agree with 2.

Yeah I would fall under 2 more with newer teams than older teams but if a team does not have a good established identity I would always be 2 then to just fall back on an old set completely.

A team like the Browns has to be a 1 to me but I would not have minded the BOB stripe that most people do not say looks good which I think would have modernized the look a little. Please don't get back into that debate though.

The only problem I have with 2 which is why I would mainly go with 1 for older teams is when the designers have to throw in that one element that just looks way off.

The Minnesota Vikings is a perfect example if it was not for their number thing I would have zero problems with everything else. 

26 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

Yeah I would fall under 2 more with newer teams than older teams but if a team does not have a good established identity I would always be 2 then to just fall back on an old set completely.

A team like the Browns has to be a 1 to me but I would not have minded the BOB stripe that most people do not say looks good which I think would have modernized the look a little. Please don't get back into that debate though.

The only problem I have with 2 which is why I would mainly go with 1 for older teams is when the designers have to throw in that one element that just looks way off.

The Minnesota Vikings is a perfect example if it was not for their number thing I would have zero problems with everything else. 

Honestly, I think the Jets redesign made them look even better. I was never a fan of their uniforms prior.

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Honestly, I think the Jets redesign made them look even better. I was never a fan of their uniforms prior.

spacer.png

I would too if not for the logo. They should have used an updated JETS script as the logo from the 80's & 90's. Also the full logo they use now is awful especially in smaller applications.  

46 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

I loved the classic look of the previous set, but it needed to be this shade of green. I also love the helmet, it just needs a white facemask instead of black.

5 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

I loved the classic look of the previous set, but it needed to be this shade of green. I also love the helmet, it just needs a white facemask instead of black.

If they wanted to do an ‘86 throwback yeah sure, but a white facemask wouldn’t fit well with this set.

9 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

If they wanted to do an ‘86 throwback yeah sure, but a white facemask wouldn’t fit well with this set.

Sorry, I didn't get my points as coherent as intended.

I meant that the previous uniform, using this shade of green and this helmet with a white mask is my perfect look for the Jets.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

The Namath era will always be the best the jets have looked, it was a top 5 uniform in the league. However, drop the black on these and replace the logo with the one they just replaced. These jump from a C- to a solid B, the number font ain't bad, the green shell has grown on me a lot, and (besides the awful black alt) I feel like they avoid going all green or white, which doesn't look good for them. 

As for my ranking, probably a 1 for 90% of the league, there's a few exceptions, Jets being one of them. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Well, another Seattle player on board with bringing these back:

The thing that sticks out the most to me is the finish of the helmet. It’s not a normal flat silver. It looks like a roughed up silver. Which I really like.

(yes I’m aware it’s a highly edited photo)

15 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

I would too if not for the logo. They should have used an updated JETS script as the logo from the 80's & 90's. Also the full logo they use now is awful especially in smaller applications.  

Agree. I think the old jets logo would have been perfect for them.

Off the top of my head, the Browns, Giants, and Jets are probably the only three teams that could get away with script helmet logos. I can’t figure out why I’d like it that way, but maybe it has something to do with how relatively crappy their logo identity is/has been?
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived