College Basketball 2020-2021

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, WSU151 said:

Miami going back to the Tim James era is cool...always liked those...but I think these shorts are incorrect. 

Even though the word mark seems to be lower on the chest then it should be, those uniforms are SO much better than anything Miami was worn with Adidas.

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

They are alts with a retro logo then

Yeah far as I can tell, all the unis in this thread being called 'reverse retros' are actually just alts with retro wordmarks.

An old logo/wordmark does not a reverse retro make. 

2 hours ago, jdukie said:

Even though the word mark seems to be lower on the chest then it should be, those uniforms are SO much better than anything Miami was worn with Adidas.

I think a couple of their last sets have been good. I think next season adidas will make some true reverse retros. 

The Ducks are finally debuting their alternate green uniforms tonight at USC:

The Tall Firs design on the shorts is much subtler than on the product photo for the shorts:

spacer.png

Seeing how subtle the tree design actually is, I kinda wish it was on all of their sets this year. In any case, I’m excited to see these in action and I’m glad that they do have a green uniform with the standard “Oregon” wordmark on them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

NCAA Reveals Court Designs For Men’s Basketball Tournament

March 2, 2021 - 17:17 PM

The NCAA on Monday afternoon unveiled renderings of the court designs for several rounds of the upcoming men’s basketball tournament, including the First Four, first round, second round, Sweet 16 and Elite Eight. The courts are two-tone wood with the NCAA March Madness logo at center court, while the sidelines

Read More...

I mean, I like it? Nothing really overly new for the first few rounds. Happy to see the different colors denoting different locations.

For the sweet 16/elite 8, I dont think the new center logo is necessary. it does say the round in the baselines. I would've like to see more color around the court, but overall its not bad.

They've got real good branding all around, I love the logo they have now, WAY more than the black courts with NCAA centered.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I may be way late to the game here since I don't watch much Pac-12 basketball, but has UCLA been wearing Nike's all season and going without a supplier mark on the unis? Just noticed it in the game vs Oregon. I know the JB deal hasn't officially started yet.

8 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I may be way late to the game here since I don't watch much Pac-12 basketball, but has UCLA been wearing Nike's all season and going without a supplier mark on the unis? Just noticed it in the game vs Oregon. I know the JB deal hasn't officially started yet.

I think they're just covering up the UA logo. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, mjd77 said:

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think they're just covering up the UA logo. 

I’ve seen a few UCLA games this year, including last night’s, and there have been at least a couple players wearing Nike shoes. I know there’s also been at least one member of the women’s team wearing Nike shoes as well, and there’s probably been more. They have the social justice patch covering the UA logo on the jerseys, but the UA logo still appears on the shorts and accessories. UCLA is actively suing UA for breach of contract, and they’re basically only wearing UA this year because there wasn’t enough time to get uniforms and gear from a different supplier, and the Jordan Brand/Nike deal doesn’t start until July.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2/20/2021 at 4:36 PM, dannykraft said:

I think all the uniforms have the same template so the shorts are all the same

Just found this on Uniswag's Twitter...

The Canes did wear the correct shorts! Looks way better instead of the templated vertical stripes in the teaser.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Michigan Wolverines Forward Isaiah Livers Wears #NotNCAAProperty Shirt At NCAA Tournament

March 21, 2021 - 18:54 PM

Michigan senior forward Isaiah Livers wore a black shirt with #NotNCAAProperty written on it during the top-seeded Wolverines’ 82-66 win over No. 16 seed Texas Southern in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday afternoon. “Isaiah, he’s going to speak his mind,” Michigan senior guard Mike Smith said

Read More...

If you notice in the corner of the march madness courts is always says "Hosted By" a team or a conference. This year its been pretty simple obviously games at Hinkle are hosted by Butler. Other years though I noticed random schools or conferences hosting from random arenas. Is this because the conferences and schools are bidding like teams would for a super bowl? Does anyone know how this works?

On 3/23/2021 at 9:10 PM, ltjets21 said:

If you notice in the corner of the march madness courts is always says "Hosted By" a team or a conference. This year its been pretty simple obviously games at Hinkle are hosted by Butler. Other years though I noticed random schools or conferences hosting from random arenas. Is this because the conferences and schools are bidding like teams would for a super bowl? Does anyone know how this works?

Normally the local school would be the one that hosts games at the regional sites. For games at the Alamodome, it's UIW because they're the biggest local school not hosting games on campus. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, ltjets21 said:

On 3/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Normally the local school would be the one that hosts games at the regional sites. For games at the Alamodome, it's UIW because they're the biggest local school not hosting games on campus. 

Pretty much exactly how it works.  Look at Capital One Arena.  Only reason why Georgetown hosts is because that's where they play most, if not all, of the home games they have.  What's even more peculiar about this is when the BB&T Classic would be at the arena, until the last three years or so of that event, the Hoyas refused to participate (whether or not it had to do with Maryland being in it is a different topic), GW would act as a co-host with the Terps.

In that case, it makes sense for the Hoyas to be the host but it would be nice to see GW as the host so that the Terps and/or Hoyas can actually play as close to home as possible, provided it'd be a first/second round set of games.

Archived