NJ Teamsters FC now NJ Teamsterz FC

WJMorris3

Bayonne, New Jersey - This new year,  New Jersey Teamsters Football Club (NJTFC) unveil a new crest and spelling, and is now known as New Jersey Teamsterz Football Club dba NJ Teamsterz FC. The new look of "Z" on the crest and changed spelling to represent the metro-suburban environment of Bayonne, a peninsula city along the New York City Harbor and the club's deliberate campaign to attract Generation Z to U.S. soccer.

Founded in 2017 by founder & president Alex Geraldino and Sibrena Stowe-Geraldino, the original crest was designed by California-based Brazilian artist, DanielSchultz. The new 2021 crest was designed by NJTFC's head graphic artist Iylas "IQ" Qureshia, with direction from Geraldino. Staying true to the industrious workman spirit, the horse remains the main symbol of the New Jersey team, with red, white & blue to represent their commitment to strengthening soccer in the United States.

Mr. Geraldino states, "NJ Teamsterz is excited to start 2021 by unveiling our new look and renewed commitment to professional and amateur soccer. We're dedicated to closing the gap between the newest generation and the remaining generation of soccer fans. 2020 was a trying but successful year for our organization and we are looking forward to working hard to win matches and provide entertainment and opportunity that our fans and community deserves."

NJTFC is a men's & women's professional & amateur (Pro-Am for Women's) teams with National Independent Soccer Association (NISA) and United Women's Soccer (UWS), Leagues One & Two. NJTFC established a pathway to a Football Association of Ireland (FAI) Division-I sister club, Dublin Country FC, where owner's Alex & Sibrena Geraldino are minority partners. All teams are scheduled to play at Don Ahern Veterans Stadium in Bayonne, New Jersey.

1609452494-full.png

...yeah, I got nothing other than I'll bet they couldn't trademark "NJ Teamsters FC" on account of the Teamsters Union.

LvZYtbZ.png

2 hours ago, NormMacdonald said:

Putting a Z at the end to appeal to Gen Z'ers isn't gonna work. Zoomers think that stuff is cringeworthy

So do Gen Z’ers... I think most people think that’s a dumb trend.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

1609452494-full.png

...yeah, I got nothing other than I'll bet they couldn't trademark "NJ Teamsters FC" on account of the Teamsters Union.

This further proves that NISA is a glorified beer league.

Signature intentionally left blank

16 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

So do Gen Z’ers... I think most people think that’s a dumb trend.

This is ridiculous on many fronts, but I do have one question: Do people really identify by their generation so much that they think this would work?

I can't imagine someone seeing this and thinking, "They made a team for just Generation Z? Finally, a team that represents me! (fire emoji)."

5 minutes ago, QCS said:

As one of the Zoomers on the forum, this is stupid. I actually liked the name Teamsters, but Teamsterz is trying waaaaay too hard.

Maybe they're aspiring to become a late '90s minor league hockey team. 

23 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

1609452494-full.png

Okay but can we talk about how the arc on the wordmark doesn’t match the arcs on the nameplate, which is every bit as awful as the Z.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Marketing professional:

“Nononono. It’s easy. See, we can capture this whole Gen-Z block by simply adding a “Z” to our name. We definitely don’t need to get rid of the name that Gen-Zers literally only know from Jimmy Hoffa documentaries...”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 1/2/2021 at 5:34 PM, LMU said:

They're just hinting at their move to Utah next year.

Damnit, you stole my joke!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived