NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

14 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Guardians was seamless, none of these represent that for Washington. Every name in the left column is awful which leaves Presidents, Redwolves and Redhogs as the only viable options.

• Like 2

How was Guardians "seamless"?  If you mean "makes sense", then fine - but I'd hardly refer to the transition as "seamless".

"Seamless" is an unachievable standard in any of these name-change cases.  Elks was probably the closest we'll see, but that's apples and oranges compared to an NFL change.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, SCL said:

Guardians was seamless, none of these represent that for Washington. Every name in the left column is awful which leaves Presidents, Redwolves and Redhogs as the only viable options.

It could also be interpreted that the final 3 may not be on the list either.

1 minute ago, TBGKon said:

It could also be interpreted that the final 3 may not be on the list either.

I thought that at first since a couple might still be controversial for some reason (Warriors/Sentinels?) BUT I think they mean that no one's seen the final 3 yet.  

20 minutes ago, BBTV said:

How was Guardians "seamless"?  If you mean "makes sense", then fine - but I'd hardly refer to the transition as "seamless".

"Seamless" is an unachievable standard in any of these name-change cases.  Elks was probably the closest we'll see, but that's apples and oranges compared to an NFL change.

I was pro Spiders but I think Guardians makes complete sense for Cleveland, Washington has no obvious solution to the point where they could go Washington Burgundy and it might be the best option. I still believe Redtails is the best option with the Airmen imagery.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phillyspecial2018 said:

Where is is Redtail's? even though i hate the name where is it on the list?

I think what is being said in the clarifying tweet is that the final 3 may not be included on this list and that these 8 are just the names that happened to show up in the produced video.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Did they wear blank yellow helmets in 1953, too? 

1950 only, if memory serves. The last year of plain gold leather. Then the NFL rescinded it’s ban on plastic shells and the Packers adopted gold plastic helmets with a single green stripe. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

If no one told me these Packers uniforms were throwbacks I would assume that it was a new color rush look for them. I wonder how many casual fans will think the same thing 

I mean, these are essentially both. 

I hope they keep the white CR pants around, but only because I want the road jersey stripes tweaked to match. 

The 1936 unis were so much more interesting and they represented a championship season. Why scrap that direction to call attention to an era when the team nearly went bankrupt? And not even the best unis from that era, at that? Especially if they're taking liberties and calling it "throwback inspired." At least the unis they wore with the northwestern stripes would register as Packers unis to most people. 

Then again, the rasslin fan in me loves that these are technically a tribute to Dick the Bruiser. I may have to get a #72 throwback.

• Like 1