2021-22 NBA Changes

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

With the NBA logo on the front that looks like an old fashion jersey or some kind of custom jersey.  The leak that has been out for a while showed the Cavs' anniversary jersey as very wine and gold. 

It’s an upcoming Bleacher Report/Mitchell & Ness collab. They’ve done a few different teams/rappers in the past. Here’s a better look at the jersey with the jock tag showing.

E-9DVmYWQAUdOR8?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5

Too bad 2k won't put back in all the previous City/Earned editions. Only one that's in is the 2017-18 Lakers Black Mamba uniform. Also from the previous screenshots at the Heat game there was last seasons Blue-Pink city edition plus the pink 2019 Earned. One can dream 2k will patch them all in.

Anyway to the Celtics, Knicks, and Warriors will also have a City edition as well as the Heritage editions?

Anyway time to guess and see what colors and themes are for this season.

Oklahoma City-Turquoise & Orange Updated Native American Heritage set

Denver- Wine Fauxback to the 1993-2003 set but will have Rocky Mountains on belt/shorts

Utah- Last season's set honoring Utah Mountain range

Portland- Black "Rip City" updated from the 2019-20 edition

Minnesota- Kelly Green honoring 1989-1996 uniforms

Lakers- Purple already seen

Phoenix- Last seasons set

Clippers- Black with 90's woodwork 

Warriors- Black Honoring the 1975 Championship club

Kings- Red Fauxback of 1984-1994 set

Dallas- White already leaked honoring original logo and Reunion Arena

San Antone- White Updated Fiesta set honoring The Hemisphere Arena

Houston- Yellow Fauxback based on 1994 & 1995 championships

Memphis- Black Fauxback honoring their 20th Anniversary of being in Memphis

New Orleans- White "NOLA" city nickname inspired

Chicago -Red Fauxback already leaked

Cleveland- Red already leaked honoring first logo and Richfield Coliseum

Detroit- Teal Fauxback version of the Bad Boys set

Milwaukee- Lime Green honoring the 1985-1993 set

Indiana- Royal Blue Fauxback of 1990-1997 set

Brooklyn- Navy Nets Fauxback honoring 20th Anniversary of First Finals appearance

New York- Orange Fauxback of 1979-89 set

Toronto-Blue Fauxback of 1995-1999 set

Boston- Green honoring Red Auerbach

Philadelphia- Blue Fauxback of 1991-1994 set

Miami -Black already leaked honoring team history

Atlanta- Yellow already leaked Fauxback based on 1995-1998 set and honoring the Omni

Charlotte-Gold Fauxback of 1988-2002 set

Orlando- Silver Fauxback of 1989-1999 set

Washington- Blue Fauxback of 1987-1997 set

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Too bad 2k won't put back in all the previous City/Earned editions. Only one that's in is the 2017-18 Lakers Black Mamba uniform. Also from the previous screenshots at the Heat game there was last seasons Blue-Pink city edition plus the pink 2019 Earned. One can dream 2k will patch them all in.

Anyway to the Celtics, Knicks, and Warriors will also have a City edition as well as the Heritage editions?

Anyway time to guess and see what colors and themes are for this season.

Denver- Wine Fauxback to the 1993-2003 set but will have Rocky Mountains on belt/shorts

Brooklyn- Navy Nets Fauxback honoring 20th Anniversary of First Finals appearance

Atlanta- Yellow already leaked Fauxback based on 1995-1998 set and honoring the Omni

No city edition uniforms this year instead they are the fauxbacks that I’m forgetting the actual name for them will be.

• Like 1

I have to assume it’s the lighting and a photo effect that’s making the 6 look like teal (nearly Hornets colors). Vice jerseys looked teal in photos but were actually quite blue. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I have to assume it’s the lighting and a photo effect that’s making the 6 look like teal (nearly Hornets colors). Vice jerseys looked teal in photos but were actually quite blue. 

the purple and sky blue in those uniforms are the same as these:
3597e526-b430-4997-bca5-5c23f1378807_473

• Like 8

On 9/12/2021 at 12:29 AM, dont care said:

No city edition uniforms this year instead they are the fauxbacks that I’m forgetting the actual name for them will be.

City or Heritage Edition ad they are called this year. Still waiting on @Conrad.to confirm if the Celtics/Knicks/Warrios will also have a "City/Heritage" edition or are the "Classic" editions their "City" sets this year?

Scared about what this could mean:

Does that reply mean that another color scheme will be added for a redesign? Or does it mean they're going back to one of those and sticking with it? Or does it just mean that nothing is changing at all? I guess an odd-on favorite would be for them going to a Red Rocks color scheme for everything, right?

And, for what it's worth, i have no insider info on Jazz even redesigning, other than knowing for 100% certain that next season everything will be the same as it has been.

• Like 12

I interpret that as meaning things like a practice court or, say, arena decor or team corporate letterhead could maybe go black/white to "go with everything", rather than a hint toward the next rebrand. Having said that, this millennial tech CEO new guy that's in charge now seems like he's got real potential to do something galaxy-brain stupid to leave his mark on the team.

• Like 5

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Scared about what this could mean:

Does that reply mean that another color scheme will be added for a redesign? Or does it mean they're going back to one of those and sticking with it? Or does it just mean that nothing is changing at all? I guess an odd-on favorite would be for them going to a Red Rocks color scheme for everything, right?

And, for what it's worth, i have no insider info on Jazz even redesigning, other than knowing for 100% certain that next season everything will be the same as it has been.

Jazz going black and white?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jb1322 said:

Jazz going black and white?

Not a fan. Their main issue isn't the color scheme – which is uninspiring indeed – but the logo, that is even less so and just isn't good. The bland typography doesn't help either. Embrace the Malone-Stockton purple mountain identity, it had the most character, of a force to be reckoned with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, truepg said:

Not a fan. Their main issue isn't the color scheme – which is uninspiring indeed – but the logo, that is even less so and just isn't good. The bland typography doesn't help either. Embrace the Malone-Stockton purple mountain identity, it had the most character, of a force to be reckoned with.

Nah their current “J” note logo is perfect. And I don’t know what you are talking about when you say bland typography when specifically talking about the logo, it’s totally unique. The word marks outside the logo are just generic block and should be changed. Now I totally don’t get your last point, how is a mountain either a force and why shouldn’t it be reckoned with? People climb up mountains all the time, and then ski down them for fun. I don’t get why they should abandon their current jazz identity for generic mountain identity that could just as easily fit for Denver.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Digby said:

I interpret that as meaning things like a practice court or, say, arena decor or team corporate letterhead could maybe go black/white to "go with everything", rather than a hint toward the next rebrand. Having said that, this millennial tech CEO new guy that's in charge now seems like he's got real potential to do something galaxy-brain stupid to leave his mark on the team.

I'm gonna need a bigger sig

• Like 10

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

As a Utah resident and an absolute DIE-HARD Jazz fan (one whom still hasn't got over the playoffs I might add), here is my own personal opinion on the current Jazz branding:

- The logo is the best the team has ever had.  the "J-note" logo is iconic. It should not be changed. Fans wanted it back during the mountain era, and it needs to stay.  Permanently.

- The colors are great, however, I will say I do have a hard time when I see just the Navy and Green together. To me, it throws me off. I feel that you need to have the yellow at all times with both or one of those colors, but having just the navy and green together is a miss for me.  I don't know how I would fix it which is the problem, and I love the colors. Confusing... I know. 

- The uniforms. I never have loved the 66º angle cut on the uniforms, but I know that it is part of the brand. I do miss the previous set of uniforms with the blue, yellow, and green stripe down the side. 

- I'm done with the city uniform colors. I think everything about both sets of City uniforms that Jazz have used is brilliant. I for one and now tired of it (and maybe with all city uniforms all-together). Just give me the home white, blue away, and an alternate that changes like once every 5 years.

- Take Note branding.... brilliant! Keep it coming.

- I end with this,  in Ben Barnes I trust (Jazz creative director designer).

Anyways, that's my thought. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dont care said:

Nah their current “J” note logo is perfect. And I don’t know what you are talking about when you say bland typography when specifically talking about the logo, it’s totally unique. The word marks outside the logo are just generic block and should be changed. Now I totally don’t get your last point, how is a mountain either a force and why shouldn’t it be reckoned with? People climb up mountains all the time, and then ski down them for fun. I don’t get why they should abandon their current jazz identity for generic mountain identity that could just as easily fit for Denver.

By typography I mean the wordmark and the fonts. Not that the font in the logo is anything worth mentioning.

The last part of your comment totally contradicts itself. Talking about force. Right, because the jazz music is so menacing.... Generic mountain identity? FWIW, the mountains have everything to do with Utah, contrary to nothing when it comes to jazz, if we go that route (no need to). Not that it's much relevant, but... the mountains are not "a force"? Really?

What mattered is that the Jazz had a unique and powerful identity with character that happened to include mountains, nowhere similar to the Nuggets', that was represented by a prominent team and players at the time that wasn't one that "you know, nobody talks about the Jazz..." (last All-Star draft). 

Even the note logo can be done differently. The way it is, is very plain and uninspiring. The "generic mountain identity" blows this note identity out of the water in terms of character.

• Like 1