2021-22 NBA Changes

On 9/5/2021 at 7:57 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

100% agree that green matches the area well (lots of forests all across the state), but as I’ve said before, I feel like the redrock only represents a part of the state rather than the whole thing. The color scheme looks very out of place when compared to the Wasatch Front, and it’s one of the reasons it has never really meshed with me (and this is coming from someone whose father’s family hails from southern Utah - I have lots of ties to the region and love it). 

One of the reasons I really loved the color scheme of the Finals teams was that it looked like it represented the whole state - purple, sky blue, and teal evoked the mountains, snow, and forests well, and copper was a great “catch all” color that evoked the deserts well (in addition to nodding to the state’s copper industry). You could argue too that the color scheme’s similarities to the early Diamondbacks gave the scheme a versatility that allowed it to look “mountain” and “southwest” all at once.

I think if the Jazz are going to truly represent the state in color and brand, they have to strike a balance like the 90’s scheme did. Doesn’t necessarily have to be the same exact colors, but the approach needs to cater to the diverse geography of the state rather than a part of it. The double blue color scheme that followed suffered from being much more “generic cold weather team” than its predecessor and excluding southern Utah, and the redrock color scheme suffers a similar problem in reverse: a scheme that, while referencing redrock country, is still somewhat generically “hot” and excludes the Wasatch Front. 

I agree with all of this.  Jazz missed a golden opportunity when they went away from the finals uniforms for the sake of change.  I grew up in Northern Utah until age 12 before we moved all over the west before settling in Boise (during the back to back finals years). I have been in Arizona since 2005.  I would like to see the Jazz go back to something like that that represents the entire state. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 10:29 PM, Shadojoker said:

The lack of updates (*cough* leaks) this close to the season has me scratching my head. I guess teams are gonna wait until training camp in October to reveal uniforms.

well, the only new uniforms that we haven't officially seen already are the City ones (under a new name 😉), coming out near the holidays, so it might be a while before more credible leaks.

here's a little morsel: my perusal of all the official 2K22 videos turned up about 2 or 3 quick glimpses of some of the fans wearing a "City" jersey for this upcoming season.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

here's a little morsel: my perusal of all the official 2K22 videos turned up about 2 or 3 quick glimpses of some of the fans wearing a "City" jersey for this upcoming season.

Are you sure? I watched again those two trailers that I posted + My City and My Team and I've had only spotted City from previous season and throwbacks from past seasons.

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

well, the only new uniforms that we haven't officially seen already are the City ones (under a new name 😉), coming out near the holidays, so it might be a while before more credible leaks.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Are you sure? I watched again those two trailers that I posted + My City and My Team and I've had only spotted City from previous season and throwbacks from past seasons.

I did a little sifting through. Here are some that I found!

POSSIBLY INSIGNIFICANT OR NOT A LEAK: Warriors (dark blue jersey in background not featuring bridge; also doesn't look like Oakland ones); Lakers (white like their city version last year so can't tell if it's the same one or not); Miami Heat (found two: their black throwback which features a Nike logo and a teal looking jersey);  Phoenix Suns (found throwback white in crowd with Nike logo)

CfKB9j8.png2rHfSDC.pngZRdoM3P.pngczZxIsk.png

SIGNIFICANT, POSSIBLY REAL LEAKS: Pelicans (new white "NOLA" jersey); Trail Blazers (black-branded "Rip City"); Jazz (long sleeve shirt based off of Utah Stars throwback uniform)

n8iPS8O.pngo8mjFmR.pngEVW20XV.pngkkGThPy.pngiVdIWU3.pngw74u1ft.jpg

Obviously, mostly speculation, but tried my best!

• Like 10

23 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

CfKB9j8.png

Noticed that too, but I think it's gonna be a Grizzlies city from last season, at least numbers are similar size and font as on the other Memphis Fans although quality is very low.

2rHfSDC.png

This is their last season City

ZRdoM3P.png

czZxIsk.png

Those are throwbacks from 17/18. Teal Heat look like a City from 19/20.

o8mjFmR.png

EVW20XV.png

Good catch! Didn't noticed them. Rip City could be great.

iVdIWU3.png

Saw that too but don't know how to read that since it isn't a jersey and rumors says Jazz will stay with Red Rock uni.

kkGThPy.png

This is cap from Amine x B/R & M&N collab:

6HSSMM20040-PTBBLCK_1_600x.jpg

Anyway great job on researching!

• Like 5

4r2eer.png

40 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I thought the only new unis this season were the 75th anniversary?

those + the 3 Classic Edition uniforms that have already been revealed.

good work, @Pyromania1983. you found 2 of the 3 that I came across as well. 👍

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

POSSIBLY INSIGNIFICANT OR NOT A LEAK: Warriors (dark blue jersey in background not featuring bridge; also doesn't look like Oakland ones); Lakers (white like their city version last year so can't tell if it's the same one or not); Miami Heat (found two: their black throwback which features a Nike logo and a teal looking jersey);  Phoenix Suns (found throwback white in crowd with Nike logo)

SIGNIFICANT, POSSIBLY REAL LEAKS: Pelicans (new white "NOLA" jersey); Trail Blazers (black-branded "Rip City"); Jazz (long sleeve shirt based off of Utah Stars throwback uniform)

good-work-back-there-today-detective-wel

Appreciate you for this @Pyromania1983.

Also special thanks again @Conrad.for the morsel tip! We'll take it!

• Like 5
shado_logo.gif

Watched one more time in slo-mo and I think I found third and maybe even a fourth team. Quality is poor but for me it look like Clippers wordmark from Sterling era:

eDQWTWh.jpeg

And here is Spurs, numbers are on right side (and probably silver) and stripes look like in fiesta colors:

zuvskyd.jpg

• Like 5

4r2eer.png

Looks as though 2K might have all the Nike jerseys since 2017 in this year's game - usually the Nike Classics and Cities stay with each year's game. That'd be my guess as to why fans are wearing Classics from 2017-19 (Heat, Suns).

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

I believe the White "NOLA" is their 18-19 earned edition.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Looks as though 2K might have all the Nike jerseys since 2017 in this year's game - usually the Nike Classics and Cities stay with each year's game. That'd be my guess as to why fans are wearing Classics from 2017-19 (Heat, Suns).

I sure hope so especially for the PS4 version. I'd buy the game just to have the previous City and Earned editions in the game. Hopefully the PS4 version of 22 will get all the new  city editions. Last year on PS4 they took forever updating the city (not added the Knicks and still having the 19-20 Celtics Green City edtion) and the earned.

41 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

in a way yes. nola did indeed have a white jersey that said "nola" but it had three big stripes going across. which of course we don't see in the 2k pic

new-orleans-pelicans.png

(gotta say, i miss these jerseys)

• Like 7

IMG-7122.gif

43 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

I don't think so. The Pelicans earned jersey had no side striping and the wordmark was overtop the horizontal stripes on the front. The one in the video, though very faint, has a side panel, and the NOLA is one plain white. Below is the 18-19 earned for reference.

EDIT: pelicanfan beat me right before I posted this lol

Nike Synthetic Anthony Davis New Orleans Pelicans Earned Edition Swingman  Jersey in White for Men - Lyst

• Like 2

No

20 minutes ago, Pyromania1983 said:

I don't think so. The Pelicans earned jersey had no side striping and the wordmark was overtop the horizontal stripes on the front. The one in the video, though very faint, has a side panel, and the NOLA is one plain white. Below is the 18-19 earned for reference.

EDIT: pelicanfan beat me right before I posted this lol

Nike Synthetic Anthony Davis New Orleans Pelicans Earned Edition Swingman  Jersey in White for Men - Lyst

Now that I look back at the screenshot, I don't see the Pelican stripes under "NOLA".

Still would be cool if 2k22 gets all previous City & Earned Editions especially on the PS4.

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Bucks fan wearing classic from 17/18 season too. It would be great if 2k add all of nike unis. I know many people complain for lack of them and they've got 100% right.

Unfortunately from this video on Twitter no previous City or Earned uniforms which is sad. Just hoping PS4 version gets this year's city editions.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Just played the Xbox One version and this doesn't seem to be the case.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

4 minutes ago, Glover said:

hjvsbse6pim71.jpg

With the NBA logo on the front that looks like an old fashion jersey or some kind of custom jersey.  The leak that has been out for a while showed the Cavs' anniversary jersey as very wine and gold. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.