College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E4ChzIPX0AQTc_A.jpg

E4ChzIpVcAUvAI1.jpg

Are the red pants gone for now? I liked the custom numbers from before, but these look much better than those did. I agree with a previous comment about not needing to have the same logo on the neck when it's being used on the sleeves. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wait, stripeless pants for BC? How did they screw that up?  If you go with stripeless helmets from the Flutie era, wouldn't it make sense to bring the white/maroon/white stripes back on the pants? (Maybe they thought "cleaner" updated jerseys would look weird with Flutie era helmet/pants). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Wait, stripeless pants for BC? How did they screw that up?  If you go with stripeless helmets from the Flutie era, wouldn't it make sense to bring the white/maroon/white stripes back on the pants? (Maybe they thought "cleaner" updated jerseys would look weird with Flutie era helmet/pants). 

Going off of recent memory, most teams that change suppliers inside of the traditional 18-24 month lead time end up with very basic (eg retro or stripeless) designs because they can be produced quickly. I feel like this is especially the case with adidas and cfb but you see it with other suppliers and sports. Often the 2nd iteration with the supplier ends up with a design that is more trendy and reflective of the supplier's aesthetic. Still disappointed we are not seeing champion unis and new balance footwear.

36 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Going off of recent memory, most teams that change suppliers inside of the traditional 18-24 month lead time end up with very basic (eg retro or stripeless) designs because they can be produced quickly. I feel like this is especially the case with adidas and cfb but you see it with other suppliers and sports. Often the 2nd iteration with the supplier ends up with a design that is more trendy and reflective of the supplier's aesthetic. Still disappointed we are not seeing champion unis and new balance footwear.

Do we know if Adidas even had any input to design here or did BC just order some uniforms from the Adidas online catalogue? I can't see Adidas putting much effort into a school that they dont have a full uniform deal with. There have been no press releases nor social media posts from Adidas about BC. Every article about it has quotes from BC staff and admins but nothing from Adidas. I wouldnt be shocked if BC has to buy the uniforms in this case. The fact that its only a 2 year deal makes me wonder if New Balance is starting up a football line.

21 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Do we know if Adidas even had any input to design here or did BC just order some uniforms from the Adidas online catalogue? I can't see Adidas putting much effort into a school that they dont have a full uniform deal with. There have been no press releases nor social media posts from Adidas about BC. Every article about it has quotes from BC staff and admins but nothing from Adidas. I wouldnt be shocked if BC has to buy the uniforms in this case. The fact that its only a 2 year deal makes me wonder if New Balance is starting up a football line.

It's probably more to do with a quick turnaround, rather than New Balance starting up their football line. They still do have teams wearing their uniforms though so I think this was a case of the big name paying them a little something instead of them buying gear.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This to me is still the best BC has ever looked...

rajijpg.jpg

p-NsbL8Trmqs_BvoFJ07CUO-2poNw_K-UdRMnnhx

Don't even attempt to try to change my mind; it won't work. 

:)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Any reason why BC insists on using that throwback logo? The modernized eagle with the BC looks great IMO. 

They seem to have an identity crisis at the moment. They've been using both logos interchangeably in promo graphics for the new NB and Adidas deals.

Adidas sucks, as usual. This is a big downgrade from their final Under Armour set (which, in my opinion, is the best they've ever looked).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Hopefully just a one off. I thought Wisconsin nailed it with their last update and perfectly solved the Nebraska dilemma.

If only they made a set of red pants

Hotter Than July > Thriller

18 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

so, Pitt just unveiled THEIR icy white unis. Didn't see a white helmet...yawn. 

Once again, stripes on the pants would make this a lot better. 

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Guess they'll use them as practice pants when the time comes. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Isn't that all they did, taking stripes off the pants?

The white pants are new, though, right? I don't think they had them last year. Usually yellow or blue pants, I think. 

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Why does anyone think that white-outs are special anymore? They just kind of exist. Nothing new. This really does not fit with the Pitt aesthetic, but I guess everyone has to have a pair now.

Honestly, not a bad look, but it just feels generic, especially with the pants going without a stripe. I just can't really get excited about it. Yawn.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived