College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Ole Miss, I don’t get the obsession with the powder blue for them.  I think it’s a “soft” color scheme for lack of a better word and I think it’s a dated combo that screams 1970’s-1980’s. The robin egg blue helmet a fine as a throwback, but that all it should ever be. It’s the same as the Broncos old helmet right? Just a stock color of a molded blue shell that they could get at the time. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think the use of that color for the helmets back in the day was a deliberate decision.

Their regular navy/red/gray color scheme is classic. That look has varied a bit over the years, but the basic idea has stayed the same. Bring the light blue helmet out once a year for a throwback game if you must but ole miss doesn’t need to try too hard with their uniforms. It’s been staring them in the face for a long time

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Speaking of Mississippi, whatever happened to them leaning into the secondary “Landshark” identity? If there was ever a time to do a rebrand, it’d be now.

They’re still leaning, a lot of the sideline coaches wear the Mississippi  fin logo, and any use of rebels (outside of the helmet) is pretty much gone. I feel like a rebrand is 5-10 years out. 

16 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes and no. I think the football team is the only one still using it, but whenever they come up with new logos they avoid the feathers. 

I’ll add that their shift away from the drum-feathers logo has understandably coincided with the U joining the PAC 12.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

5 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Speaking of Ole Miss, I don’t get the obsession with the powder blue for them.  I think it’s a “soft” color scheme for lack of a better word and I think it’s a dated combo that screams 1970’s-1980’s. The robin egg blue helmet a fine as a throwback, but that all it should ever be. It’s the same as the Broncos old helmet right? Just a stock color of a molded blue shell that they could get at the time. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think the use of that color for the helmets back in the day was a deliberate decision.

Their regular navy/red/gray color scheme is classic. That look has varied a bit over the years, but the basic idea has stayed the same. Bring the light blue helmet out once a year for a throwback game if you must but ole miss doesn’t need to try too hard with their uniforms. It’s been staring them in the face for a long time

spacer.png

The powder blue helmet was brought back as “just a throwback” for a game or two though and the fans loved it so much they added more powder blue. 

I love the powder blue helmet, but it looks best with red jerseys. Get rid of the gray pants with the navy stripe (or save them as an alt) and put thick red and powder stripes on white pants and it’d look pretty great. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Agree with the general sentiment regarding the Ole Miss uniforms.  At this point we should either roll out a completely new set that better incorporates the power blue throughout or just stick with the classic unis (my preference).  Unfortunately, I fear we are headed in the exact opposite direction with the return of the white helmets.  Would expect more nonsensical combinations next year.    

On 1/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, lahaye7 said:

can we add chrome helmets to the "hope that fad dies soon" list? Looking at you Kentucky 

As a Kentucky alumni and fan...I couldn't agree more.  Sadly, because the team has both had their football resurgence at the same time as they have used the chrome-dome helmets, but have also had a knack of winning while wearing them, creating a "good luck charm" to them...I doubt the UK chrome's are going anywhere anytime soon.  Which sucks, because they actually can look fairly good in their current set (whether you're against the UK use of the checkerboard or not) on any given Saturday.  Instead, on the big stage we get...this.

21 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

How did I not know about these??? 😍

10830863.jpg

AM-under-armour-1024x683.jpg

xgpe6kq7gpzbjhrdulop.jpeg

I haven't been able to find adidas' yet, but they sent out black presentation jerseys with lime green numbers or hot red numbers with blue trim. I saw a picture of a blue and green helmet so at least we know those will be the main colors. 

Live Updates: Tuesday's All-American Bowl practice

Earnest Greene

10696141.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, 1908_Cubs said:

As a Kentucky alumni and fan...I couldn't agree more.  Sadly, because the team has both had their football resurgence at the same time as they have used the chrome-dome helmets, but have also had a knack of winning while wearing them, creating a "good luck charm" to them...I doubt the UK chrome's are going anywhere anytime soon.  Which sucks, because they actually can look fairly good in their current set (whether you're against the UK use of the checkerboard or not) on any given Saturday.  Instead, on the big stage we get...this.

I really wouldn't mind them if they were blue ( similar to Louisville's red- blasphemy I know.) and they stopped using black in their color scheme altogether. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I haven't been able to find adidas' yet, but they sent out black presentation jerseys with lime green numbers or hot red numbers with blue trim. I saw a picture of a blue and green helmet so at least we know those will be the main colors. 

Live Updates: Tuesday's All-American Bowl practice

Earnest Greene

10696141.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320

Practice gear for the East

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/3/2022 at 12:55 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

10830863.jpg

This design is really gimmicky and cheesy, and the uniforms look cheap. These are really bad for the Under Armour All-American games, and that's saying something, considering some of their previous designs :

2015 Under Armour All-America Game

http://i.imgur.com/VqIkmeY.jpg

http://envisionsportsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2013-Under-Armour-All-American-HS-FB-Game-50.jpg

The practice uniforms are much better, and I think the only element of the game uniforms I like are the pink/red team helmets, which look to have a color shifting paint we've seen LSU and Arizona State wear.

Insider notes on Notre Dame at the Under Armour All-America Game

Photo Gallery: 2022 Under Armour All-American Game Practices - Flipboard

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

39 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Not uniform related, but Oregon State's Reser Stadium began a renovation this morning by bringing down the west side stands: 

Video of implosion

West Side Stands before: 

spacer.png

Bringing down the stands: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Renderings of the updated stadium scheduled to open in 2023: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Crazy how close those houses are to the demolition!

On 1/3/2022 at 2:55 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

10830863.jpg

Yeah, these look great!  Wouldn't like them for an actual team but I really like that they go overboard with the All-American game uniforms.

Not a huge fan of the Adidas All-America game uniforms, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, See Red said:

Yeah, these look great!  Wouldn't like them for an actual team but I really like that they go overboard with the All-American game uniforms.

Not a huge fan of the Adidas All-America game uniforms, though.

I've only seen the practice gear but I figure one team will be all green and the other all blue. The last good looking uniform was 2020. The 2021 uniform was never worn but looked like the crashed disco balls on the uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/1/2022 at 8:43 PM, aawagner011 said:

Ole Miss needs a brand clean up. Tonight’s uniform looks like nothing else they’ve worn in program history. The white helmet is totally foreign, the helmet stripe matches nothing else in their set, the powder blue jersey doesn’t match the shade of their powder blue helmets (which has a touch of steel blue to it), the stripeless pants aren’t working. They have a lot of good to go off of but need to tidy it up a bit.

I LOVE that UGA championship logo in your av. Congrats man!

spacer.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

13 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I LOVE that UGA championship logo in your av. Congrats man!

spacer.png

Thanks man! This one was special. My wife and I went to school there, met at school, and got married in Athens. We sat through a lot of heartbreak (particularly a lot of Alabama heartbreak) over the years. The 2012 SEC title against Alabama that was 5 yards short was my senior year. Sat through a monsoon while getting destroyed against Alabama in 2015. Somehow we even won tickets in a contest and were at the 2017 season / 2018 NCG and sat in stunned silence as Alabama won in OT. So we had to get up to Indy for this one and just trust blind faith that our Dawgs would somehow pull through. That we did it with a former walk on at quarterback is even more remarkable. I haven’t been waiting 41 years like some folks, but this one was still damn special for all my school means to my family and the special memories it holds for us. One of the best nights of my life. After the trophy celebration, I managed to get down to the lower level and asked one of the field security guys to scoop me up some confetti. That 8 hour drive back to Atlanta wasn’t so bad, either, getting to listen to the radio all the way.

Getting back to the logo, it’s interesting. There are two versions that I’ve seen in use. The one you posted above has a football at the top and the state outline. There’s another version that replaces it with the CFP logo.

spacer.png

Georgia is doing its parade tomorrow and is painting the endzones black with red text, like it’s done in the CFP. This is noteworthy because we almost always have unpainted endzones aside from the white letters. I’m curious if they would consider doing this going forward. Also, the national champs logo will appear at midfield.

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Georgia is doing its parade tomorrow and is painting the endzones black with red text, like it’s done in the CFP. This is noteworthy because we almost always have unpainted endzones aside from the white letters. I’m curious if they would consider doing this going forward. Also, the national champs logo will appear at midfield.

I prefer for end zones to be painted but I've heard that field crews dislike when grass end zones are painted with dark colors as it is harder on grass than light paint.

Archived