2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

How do we know the pattern of the bonus interconference matchup? I'm still waiting to see which divisions meet next year. Just asking as a side note.

Now....to my main thought. I'm predicting Ravens in black/white vs Pittsburgh in white/yellow. I'm seeing this game is scheduled for 1pm, which isn't the best time of day to show off the black jerseys, but I feel the Ravens will wear this uniform combo just for the sake of it since it's the last one we haven't seen this season.

My guess is all black.  They've done it versus Pittsburgh before.

I find it funny how the Dolphins save arguably the most popular alternate uniform in the league for a meaningless season finale game.

Ravens have worn black three times every season since 2017 (before it was even officially allowed). This will almost certainly be a black jersey game.

Seattle hasn't worn gray yet and always wears gray against Arizona. Not sure why that would suddenly stop when they've worn it every season since it was introduced.

Other predictions:

KC white on white

NO gold pants

WAS burgundy pants

JAC black pants

14 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I find it funny how the Dolphins save arguably the most popular alternate uniform in the league for a meaningless season finale game.

Ravens have worn black three times every season since 2017 (before it was even officially allowed). This will almost certainly be a black jersey game.

Seattle hasn't worn gray yet and always wears gray against Arizona. Not sure why that would suddenly stop when they've worn it every season since it was introduced.

Other predictions:

KC white on white

NO gold pants

WAS burgundy pants

JAC black pants

If you check the post in which the Dolphins announce their uniform on Instagram, you will see the abundance of request to wear throwbacks by Dolphin fans every week.

46 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Other predictions:

KC white on white

NO gold pants

WAS burgundy pants

JAC black pants

Titans in navy pants just because--just my $0.02

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

That's why I think we're almost certainly going to see them in black/white for the finale. We've already seen black/purple vs Indy and all-black vs the Browns.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 1/2/2022 at 6:41 AM, NFLfan10 said:

I think it’s more of an issue when two teams that don’t need to wear the same colors do, like the Eagles and Jets this season, or like the Bengals and Browns have done several times. Stefanski says he likes contrast but then his team wears orange pants in Cincinnati, for instance.

The Packers and Steelers both have great looks and don’t have as many options, so I don’t find it to be an issue for them when they have a rare matchup. But the Steelers could easily wear black Color Rush or GB could wear the new green throwback look to solve this issue.

Teams that are newer, that don't have a storied history,  especially one tied to a look they still wear, can get away with all the multi :censored: looks thing.

But if you get a matchup of say Pittsburgh- Green Bay, or Dallas against those teams, then you don't mess with gimmicky alternates. You go out there looking like storied franchise you are. 

10 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Other predictions:

KC white on white

NO gold pants

WAS burgundy pants

JAC black pants

If the NFL keeps letting the Ravens exceed the limit in wearing alternates or throwbacks, it will be ridiculous. Baltimore has gotten away with it many times.

I hope the Rams don't wear yellow pants. SF is one game that isn't good for LAR to bring the yellow pants out.

The only time SEA wore an alternate jersey this season was TNF against the Rams. I wish the Seahawks wear the wolf gray against other teams besides Arizona.

34 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I hope the Rams don't wear yellow pants. SF is one game that isn't good for LAR to bring the yellow pants out.

Rams wearing yellow pants against the 49ers is a pretty classic look

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

God the NFL really needs to reign in the mono sock garbage next year and make it a uniform violation

TLDR: Until they go back to enforcing uniform rules and giving fines to players for violating dress codes (never?), I'll take solid socks/leggings over actual but incorrectly worn socks any day. But that's just me I guess

Millennials guide to what makes a great football uniform

Top priority:

Socks!!!

Also pretty important:

Cleats

Gloves

Did I mention socks?

Whatever:

Jersey

Pants

Facemask

Helmet

6uXNWAo.png

On 1/4/2022 at 1:16 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

That's why I think we're almost certainly going to see them in black/white for the finale. We've already seen black/purple vs Indy and all-black vs the Browns.

You win the prize!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived