2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

13 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

qGeJvjt.jpg

I’m going to need a few minutes to compose myself, gentlemen. The Giants ruined a top 5 uniform and one of my all-time favorite looks. 

On a side note, these would be a lovely Cardinals away uniform. But for the Giants, considering what their away uniform was prior to this monstrosity? Awful.

Why do teams consistently ruin outstanding timeless looks for no apparent reason at all?

The way I'm looking at it, they already half ruined it when they started wearing white pants at home... this is just the final nail in the coffin.  From about 2008 until just a few years ago, the Giants wore a uniform that I would've made zero tweaks in, which is a true rarity... I almost always find one or two tiny changes I'd probably make, if I could.   But not the gray pants Giants.  Now... they might as well update the whole thing, rather than do this slow death by paper cuts.  

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The way I'm looking at it, they already half ruined it when they started wearing white pants at home... this is just the final nail in the coffin.  From about 2008 until just a few years ago, the Giants wore a uniform that I would've made zero tweaks in, which is a true rarity... I almost always find one or two tiny changes I'd probably make, if I could.   But not the gray pants Giants.  Now... they might as well update the whole thing, rather than do this slow death by paper cuts.  

I'd say they became almost perfect in 2012 when they switched from two sets of grey pants to just the one set with the grey between the stripes

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I’m legitimately crushed that the Giants did this, and I hate the Giants, but I loved that uniform… It was perfect, and embodied what a football uniform should look like especially for an old, classic franchise like the Giants. 

It was up there for me with the likes of the Bears navy and Raiders black uniforms as perfect football looks. 

I do like the white pants with the blue jersey, but I do agree with you that was the beginning of the end for this set. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

8 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'd say they became almost perfect in 2012 when they switched from two sets of grey pants to just the one set with the grey between the stripes

Yeah, that's the uniform I'm talking about. For some reason, it feels like they went to that earlier than '08, but I'll take your word for it.

That was a perfect look for them.

11 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

qGeJvjt.jpg

Why do teams consistently ruin outstanding timeless looks for no apparent reason at all?

Normally, of course, the answer is “money” because of merchandise sales. But in this case, the jersey remains the same, and it’s only parts of the uniform that aren’t being monetized that are getting changed. So, yeah, I have no idea what the thinking is here either.

What makes this Giants' change even more ludicrous is the fact that the franchise is apparently wise enough to still include coloRED socks with this new road regalia appearance.

Meanwhile, that very same aforementioned organization has thus far refused to wear (already existent) blue socks with their alternate 'Fauxback / Color Rush' set!

How have they not come to the conclusion nor even reached the realization that doing so would both be better looking and also much more logical to the premise behind its creation in the first place?!!?

33 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I guess we'll have to see them on the field before we draw conclusions, but just to illustrate how lazily designed these are:

Whl6zaC.jpg

Well, with the exception of that hypothetical depiction of a Buffalo Bills uniform — and also the current NYG's actual away apparel (for some inexplicable reason), of course — the 'Swoosh' would not be a mismatching blue sticking out like a sore thumb on the rest of these sets.

Additionally, I doubt I am alone in thinking that this random change could perhaps be a prelude to a looming alternate red (road) helmet sometime down the line, likely in the not-too-distant future . . .

12 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

qGeJvjt.jpg

I’m going to need a few minutes to compose myself, gentlemen. The Giants ruined a top 5 uniform and one of my all-time favorite looks. 

On a side note, these would be a lovely Cardinals away uniform. But for the Giants, considering what their away uniform was prior to this monstrosity? Awful.

They already ruined it in 2005. All the other crappy changes are downstream from that.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

21 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

We can all agree the Bucs were the nadir of NFL uniform design. That was the worst it could get on all possible levels and we're lucky it's gone.

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, probably.  Although I constantly found myself going back and forth between the Bucs' alarm clock uniform, the Browns "Browns down the pants" uniform, and the Titans' current abomination. All truly horrific in their own special ways.

The Jaguars wore helmets that were 2 different colors. I pray that nothing will ever top those.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

They already ruined it in 2005. All the other crappy changes are downstream from that.

This should not have been messed with. Maybe put the LT-era stripes on the shoulders, but that's it.

2004_NYGiants.png

Hmmmm, so pictures from the Dolphins practice this week show the current logos have been removed from the helmets fueling the chance of one of the throwbacks being used this Sunday, but they still have the white facemasks.

Are we getting the throwbacks with white facemasks this year or are they waiting  until after practice today to swap the facemasks?

23 minutes ago, canzman said:

Hmmmm, so pictures from the Dolphins practice this week show the current logos have been removed from the helmets fueling the chance of one of the throwbacks being used this Sunday, but they still have the white facemasks.

Are we getting the throwbacks with white facemasks this year or are they waiting  until after practice today to swap the facemasks?

Knowing them, there gonna switch the facemasks eventually, plus a Dolphins throwback should always have either a gray or aqua facemask.

3 minutes ago, Nick72Phins said:

Knowing them, there gonna switch the facemasks eventually, plus a Dolphins throwback should always have either a gray or aqua facemask.

I agree on the colors... I wasn't stating a preference or desire, just simply throwing out an open ended question.

20 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

qGeJvjt.jpg

ICY ❄️❄️❄️❄️🥶🥶🥶🥶

spacer.png

7 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This should not have been messed with. Maybe put the LT-era stripes on the shoulders, but that's it.

2004_NYGiants.png

I preferred the 2000 & 2001 versions of the road look (red socks). After all, I am a sucker for a well-balanced uniform including all 4 elements in different colors. In fact, I always felt SB XXXV between BAL & NYG would have looked so much better than it did had the home & away teams been flipped.

That match-up happened the following Summer during preseason on a Friday afternoon, and said contest displayed a stellar appearance! I especially enjoyed when plenty of players (e.g. Amani Toomer, et al.) would wear blue long sleeves beneath the white jerseys during the 2 aforementioned seasons, thus it was the best of both worlds in terms of sleeves & socks.

Archived