2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

Yeah, this Bengals orange jersey is great. If they filled in the white parts on these “clownfish” pants black, and maybe thickened the outline on the numbers a tad, this uniform would be pretty much perfect.

I think the ideal solution for the Bengals would be to have the primary black and white jerseys more closely resemble the 80’s and 90’s uniforms by having a UCLA-style tiger-stripe panel, and to give the orange alternate these more “free-flowing” stripes.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe it’s just me, but the helmet appears to be a shade darker than the jerseys. It’s a distraction that makes me like these far less than the black jerseys.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The helmet appears to be a bit redder, I wish it was closer to the shade of the jersey. Thankfully the black helmet stripes conceal the difference in shades a good amount, so it doesn’t really bother me much, especially from the TV angle.

So I’ve been gone from here for a bit and have no idea what the general consensus is for the Bengals, but I’ll just say this: I’m underwhelmed. It’s an improvement, but barely. Not really a fan of the font, the whites need more orange, and the pants they have on tonight... tigers have black stripes on orange, not white stripes with a black outline. Obviously it could’ve been worse, but it also could’ve been way better. 

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Tonight's matchup, Bengals in orange against the Jaguars, has been seen many times now. Years 2008, 2014, and 2021.

I’m still all for it since this is the third straight meeting here in Cincy, and the last two were white/white against black/white.  Definitely a breath of fresh air.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:45 AM, canzman said:

Chiefs @ Eagles

xcrKjVA.jpg

Any way to fix the Eagles numbers or just go with a different one (though it seems like you're going with the year they were founded)?  It's not nearly as rounded.

jacksonville-fl-usa-24th-aug-2013-philad    img-2785067-f.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Against all my better judgment I went to that game last night as part of a friend's birthday party outing. From the stands the Bengals looked great. I still think the black jerseys should be the full-time home look because that's the link to the team's visual history, but those orange jerseys with the simple black stripes matching the helmets and without a big dumb white side panel looked really sharp. Broken record - the pants are the only problem.

Seems like the rest of the fans around me liked them too - To quote the inebriated gentleman in front of me, "orange jerseys are fire because we're like tigers RAWR" *hand claw motion*.  He had a point, we are like tigers. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've gotta say, I'm surprised by how much people like the Bengals' orange jerseys. I think they suffer from a similar problem to the white set: the color balance is way off.  The white set is too white, the orange set is too orange. 

The black jerseys/white pants standard is really the perfect set for the Bengals. I just found that look last night to be a bit garish, which is hard to say considering that it's still a notable improvement from how they looked a year ago. 

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

I've gotta say, I'm surprised by how much people like the Bengals' orange jerseys. I think they suffer from a similar problem to the white set: the color balance is way off.  The white set is too white, the orange set is too orange. 

The black jerseys/white pants standard is really the perfect set for the Bengals. I just found that look last night to be a bit garish, which is hard to say considering that it's still a notable improvement from how they looked a year ago. 

I actually think they might look best with black pants, which is not something I ever thought I'd say.

boyd.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

22 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Let's hope they wear this combo when they wear orange against the Chiefs. Need some contrast badly in that one.

Yeah I thought the Jags were a good choice to wear orange against for that reason.

They've had a dumb history of choosing to wear orange against teams that they should not be wearing it against. 

7688012.jpg

491324810.jpg

K6HSV5NAGXXOBTNJ7VKR2LCTGA.jpg

The Browns are partially to blame for choosing to wear their orange pants in that last pic, but the Bengals shouldn't have scheduled orange for that game. That game was physically difficult for my eyeballs to watch.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived