2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

13 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

These Niners jerseys look so good. Always liked the ā€˜94 unis even if the dropshadows are blatant BFBS.

Ā 

Is it BFBS tho? The 49ers logo is outlined by a thick black oval

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Ā 

Is it BFBS tho? The 49ers logo is outlined by a thick black oval

The Niners wore red, white, and gold uniforms for nearly 50 seasons (save 1955)Ā before 1994. Ask anyone what the Ninersā€™ colors are and theyā€™d say red white and gold. Iā€™ve always considered it BFBS.
Ā 

I will admit though that I had no idea they wore uniforms with dropshadows before 1994. Always thought that kind of came completely out of the blue.Ā 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

IDK if Fox is using a filter or something, but the bone jerseys are looking very white in highlights of this game until they show a Rams player close up

Bone was an awful choice because it only

looks right in certain lightings.

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Grey facemasks just donā€™t work for the vast majority of teams in todayā€™s game

Ā 

For most teams I would prefer a colored mask. For the teams with classic looks I generally wouldn't mind a gray mask, but would still prefer color in most instances. For the Browns, I want them to look like the most old-timey football team that's ever existed. They've never had a helmet logo, and they're named after a guy that used to be their coach back when we had leaded gasoline. They should wear gray masks, and exclusively wear white pants. The craziest thing I will accept is putting numbers on the helmets full-time and even then I feel like I should be burned at the stake for such progressive views.

4 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

The 49ers throwbacks make me remember how bad Nike screwed up their uniforms when they first took over. Unless cutting off the 3 stripes was an intentional design choice (looking like an old jersey cut?), then there is no reason that Nike should have screwed them up if they have pulled it off here with all that limited sleeve space.

FAP9H0pVgAMT4B9?format=jpg&name=medium

49ers vs. Rams 2013 final score: Colin Kaepernick and SF offense asserts  will in 35-11 win - SBNation.com

Ā 

That was actually the stripe design the niners used at that time.

Ā 

In 09 when they ditched the underrated 90s make over they bastardized the look by using a weird truncated sleep stripe design. We can blame reebok but ultimately it was the teams final say.Ā 

Ā 

When nike took over in 2012 they kept the stripes the same even though they can clearly make it work. They've now changed again to just 2 thick stripes which has never been the niners, so dumb.

Ā 

My guess is that it's to sell more jerseys. They can now sell a current with the truncated/ now 2 stripes and they can also sell the same thing as a throwback with the proper stripes. Double dip.

3 hours ago, Crabcake said:

These Niners jerseys look so good. Always liked the ā€˜94 unis even if the dropshadows are blatant BFBS. Donā€™t think this look is better than their regular home/away but Iā€™m definitely okay with them keeping these as full-time alts.Ā 

Ā 

Maybe... but the 55 uniforms they were patterned after also black drop shadows. With the lack of options for a throwback during that 75th throwback season it was pretty much only logical option.

Ā 

So seeing as the only difference is keeping the shell gold instead of buying new helmets in silver, it was as close to a throwback as they were going to get. Wasn't bfbs.Ā 

Is SF going to use the red throwbacks next year?Ā  Since it's based on the 1994 throwbacks, the 49ers should wear them for one or two of the opponents on their home slate next year in 2022; the Buccaneers, Saints, and Chargers. It would be fitting. These were teams that they played during that 1994 season.

I think the Panthers wear black pants and save the white pants for their other blue Jersey game in Miami.

Ā 

Dolphins are rumored to be in white throwback and I could definitely see that happening.

Ā 

Really hope youā€™re right about the Titans, but itā€™ll most likely be back to navy pants.

Ā 

Hope for burgundy pants from Washington to add some life to that matchup, but after that blowout loss, they may in fact switch to white.

Ā 

Not sure I see the Saints in anything other than all black in their actual home opener.

On 9/26/2021 at 12:47 AM, gothedistance said:

I wish the Bucs wore the red jersey for the game at Sofi Stadium instead of the pewter uniforms. It would beĀ  a miracle if they audible into it.

Ā 

Even some white or maybe red pants would have vastly improved their look. Still, I'll echo the statement that it's pretty idiotic that one of the marquee games of the year was essentially monochrome light grey vs monochrome dark grey.

Ā 

19 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

And to think I didnā€™t think the Lions could look worse this week than they did last Monday night. Really wasnā€™t expecting to see those pitiful alts so early in the season, which probably means weā€™ll see them again at least once.

Ā 

Hopefully the stink of losing a game at the last second by giving up the longest FG in NFL history is enough to convince them to mothball these uniforms.

Ā 

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but if the Lions weren't going straight back to the throwback set they should have just kept the last BFBS uniforms. Those were much better than the double grey.

Archived