Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Purists aren't crazy about it, but unique branding could be a goldmine for teams like these who would otherwise generate zero interest outside their regions.

Bingo. And why should it matter? The vast majority of baseball teams, especially pro ones, will continue to feature traditional looks. Let these guys have their fun.

• Like 2

I am a purist and I like it.  Lower-tier teams having goofy names is great.  Big-League teams obviously should not touch names like this, but I definitely am OK with it for teams like this.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

19 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Purists aren't crazy about it, but unique branding could be a goldmine for teams like these who would otherwise generate zero interest outside their regions.

Who's objecting?   The minor leagues have traditionally been host to a slew of colorful and quirky names.

On 4/29/2016 at 6:46 PM, the admiral said:

I thought New Orleans liked good music. What are they doing setting records for Mumford and Sons?

It wasn't a record for Mumford and Sons, it was a Zephyr Field stadium attendance record.

Also, Ad, although Metairie (actual site of Zephyr Field) is a suburb of New Orleans, and thus has backyard crawfish boils, drive-thru daiquiri stands, parades for any and all reasons, and lots of great little food joints, it is still a suburb filled with suburbanites and their middle-class America pop culture tastes (although they definitely like jazz, zydeco, funk, and R&B more than your usual American suburbanite).

Me? I didn't go near that place that evening... B)

It is what it is.

Man, $375 per seat (~$16 per game) gets you close seats, unlimited food and drink, special parking area, ability to trade in tickets for games you won't make, merchandise discount, runners to get your food, etc.  And also the mascot is named Split.  You can't beat that.

Edit: You can also get the same package for only a five game commitment for $15 per game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Man, $375 per seat (~$16 per game) gets you close seats, unlimited food and drink, special parking area, ability to trade in tickets for games you won't make, merchandise discount, runners to get your food, etc.  And also the mascot is named Split.  You can't beat that.

Edit: You can also get the same package for only a five game commitment for $15 per game.

That...that makes no sense. It costs less per game to get a week's worth of tix than to get a season's worth?!

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of bits of minor league baseball branding news to discuss:

First, the finalist identities in the Binghamton Mets' rebranding campaign have been announced, with the majority drawing upon Binghamton's position as "The Carousel Capital of the World".

In addition to Bullheads (a nod to the bullhead catfish in the Susquehanna River) and Gobblers (recognizing the abundance of wild turkeys in the area, as well as the importance of the hunting culture to the region), B-Mets fans can choose from the carousel-inspired Rocking Horses, Rumble Ponies, Stud Muffins, and Timber Jockeys.

Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Cyclones will rebrand as the Coney Island Franks for a single night - Sunday, July 3rd - to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the establishment of the Nathan's Famous hot dog stand, as well as to mark the Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest on July 4th.

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

First, the finalist identities in the Binghamton Mets' rebranding campaign have been announced, with the majority drawing upon Binghamton's position as "The Carousel Capital of the World".

In addition to Bullheads (a nod to the bullhead catfish in the Susquehanna River) and Gobblers (recognizing the abundance of wild turkeys in the area, as well as the importance of the hunting culture to the region), B-Mets fans can choose from the carousel-inspired Rocking Horses, Rumble Ponies, Stud Muffins, and Timber Jockeys.

My high school mascot was the Gobblers, which I always felt was unique, so I'm not inclined to be excited by another organization adopting it. That said, I'd go with Stud Muffins, because why not. 

2 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Cyclones will rebrand as the Coney Island Franks for a single night - Sunday, July 3rd - to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the establishment of the Nathan's Famous hot dog stand, as well as to mark the Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest on July 4th.

Cool idea/gimmick.

I sure hope for that night they switch to the iconic Green and Yellow (maybe with a touch of red) color scheme of Nathan's.

It is what it is.

11 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

A couple of bits of minor league baseball branding news to discuss:

In addition to Bullheads (a nod to the bullhead catfish in the Susquehanna River) and Gobblers (recognizing the abundance of wild turkeys in the area, as well as the importance of the hunting culture to the region), B-Mets fans can choose from the carousel-inspired Rocking Horses, Rumble Ponies, Stud Muffins...

so would i be able to call their jerseys muffin tops??

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif