Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Really disappointed that they went back to the old color scheme. The burnt orange/cream look could've been a nice, refreshing change of pace, being a much lesser-used color combo than red and black (with gray). The new logos with the red, gray and black just don't have the "pop" that the orange, cream and black had. It's a shame, but I reckon I'll get used to it.

ICXC NIKA

The summer collegiate Prospect League's Jamestown Jammers have unveiled their logo and uniforms.

266267_raw.jpg

Navy, lime, and purple...there's a combo that we'll probably never see used anywhere else. I think they did a really nice job with it though.

sounds already changed their colors again. Went back to red. full logo set here...

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150121&content_id=107018058&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t556&sid=t556

I would have at least liked to see what the unis would have looked like with the different shades of orange and beige. IMO, the orange color scheme did seem like it could be a bit much, but I'd probably have liked that more than seeing another drab red and black team. Part of me has a hard time believing that there was actually a huge backlash over that orange scheme.

the vocal minority

We don't know that.

No, we don't know that as fact. But...

I was basing my post on this quote, from the Sounds owner himself, Frank Ward, in the story that ran on MiLB.com when the balance of the brand identity system was unveiled earlier this week:

"We heard loud and clear the strong feedback of our fans after our new logo was unveiled last fall. We have made the decision to return to our traditional red-and-black color scheme to accompany the new Nashville-styled logos."

True, that statement does not quantify how many fans weighed in. But human nature is such that naysayers are more prone to speak out negatively than supporters are to sing praises. So I'm going to stand by my assertion.

It still looks good, but they ruined the neon sign vibe that the original updated logo had. I preferred the orange as well. Disappointing.

Being that they're now the A's AAA affiliate can't say I'm worry to see the orange and black go. It didn't feel right having their top minor league team wearing their cross town on and off field nemesis' colors.

It still looks good, but they ruined the neon sign vibe that the original updated logo had. I preferred the orange as well. Disappointing.

Being that they're now the A's AAA affiliate can't say I'm worry to see the orange and black go. It didn't feel right having their top minor league team wearing their cross town on and off field nemesis' colors.

Nemesis? They're not in the same league. I understand there's a rivalry, but it's far from Yankees-Red Sox or Cubs-White Sox, isn't it?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Georgia is also one of Vanderbilt's nemeses. Yet...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nemesis? They're not in the same league. I understand there's a rivalry, but it's far from Yankees-Red Sox or Cubs-White Sox, isn't it?
Did you mean Cubs-Cardinals? Because Cubs-White Sox is exactly the same, and just as meaningless, at least to older folks.

I wanted to see the orange for Nashville and wondered if the affiliate change influenced this decision. Based on what they went with, that doesnt appear to be the case to me.

EDIT: Looking closer, I'm not a fan of the number font. Too Reds. Also, the N standing alone on a cap would be a stronger mark, IMO. The fact they also use an S and an MC on that guitar pick for the road and alt dilutes the primary mark's strength for me, such as it is.

Something green was appearing on that PDF at smaller sizes for their Sunday cap. Probably just a glitch.

Also, the ability to hit or throw a baseball directly into the hole of a guitar that is moving at high speed is impressive.

Georgia is also one of Vanderbilt's nemeses. Yet...

UGA is predominantly red though. Oklahoma-Nebraska probably would've been a better example of the point I think you're trying to make here.