Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

By Brandiose...

CorvallisKnights2015_big.jpg

It's nice. And no wheat-stock-swinging, armor-clad crow (or some other animal) in sight.

• Like 1

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

(Sorry in advance for large photo sizes) I'm having a hard time deciding if the High Desert Mavericks (Single-A Rangers affiliate) need to rebrand, or if they should stick with what they've got and run with it proudly.

Because at first glance, this...

kseuh6ffmu4cii7uczgr.gif

...looks incredibly dated. But when you look at their ballpark atmosphere...

12297863.jpg

36221585.jpg

...the logo and identity package's desolate datedness actually fits in pretty well with the very remote setting in the Mojave Desert. The stadium is on the very outer reaches of Adelanto, CA, a "suburb" of the larger city of Victorville.

Man. You're a long way from the Show here.

A long way from anything. I'm not agoraphobic but those pictures make me want to be.

The pictures are kind of misleading. There is a lot of urban stuff like a mile over. To defend the team a little bit, my wife and I went on a little vacation and hit up a few minor league games on the route. The people at the Mavericks game were so nice. Way better than any other minor league game I've been to. They had the biggest group of fans that were there for a random Tuesday night. Lots of them wearing jerseys and stuff. It was strange.

The logos definitely fit the team/city/location. Thought they were kinda funny before, but they fit very well.

The sign that lets you know where they are is right next to the main highway too. If they weren't in teh middle of my drive from Barstow to San Diego I'd have probably watched a couple games. Rancho Cucamonga too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Logos and uniforms for the Pulaski Yankees (Appalachian League), formerly the Pulaski Mariners, via Facebook:

10470845_1559769597625485_3106958589515910348376_1559769600958818_2473409137597510325154_1559769607625484_650146651109351782182_1559769610958817_577909673165720
That PY logo is pretty awkward. I'd love to see an overhaul of the Yankees' lower minor league identities - there's a lot of really clumsy derivations of the parent club's identity.

PY must stand for Pee-Yew, because this identity stinks.

By Brandiose...

(BIG OLD LOGO)

It's nice. And no wheat-stock-swinging, armor-clad crow (or some other animal) in sight.

I want to believe Brandiose won't release 10 logos, 14 mascots, and vendor costumes in the coming year. I want to believe.

I know. Look at the shape. It's a C.

No, it's not. Cs don't have twelve sides.

If they left that end open because they were trying to evoke a second C, after already having a very literal C in the logo, then it's even dumber than I first thought. And my initial reaction was that it was pretty stupid.

The design is smooth and fits in fairly well with the region (as they intended), but it makes for an awful disconnect with the team name. It just doesn't scream "Knights" like the previous logo. The dark, sleek aura of the last one fit perfectly:

CorvallisKnightsLogo.PNG

Oh, I don't know. I think the wordmark itself has an appropriately medieval feeling to it.

CorvallisKnights2015_big.jpg

I can see that working quite well on a jersey. Although they'll probably insist on keeping "Corvalis" above it, which would be a shame.

The WV Blackbears (formerly the Jamestown Jammers) just unveiled their logo:

B-JhgFYCcAAgLXl.jpg

Love that they'll be using blue and gold, fittingly since they'll be playing in Morgantown and at WVU's new baseball stadium.

The ball peaking over the mountain top brings this down a few notches, but overall, solid.

90758391980.gif

Those are pretty much exactly what I've been wanting the Tampa Bay Rays to change to...change the Navy to Black...make the color scheme a bit more appropriate (embracing both the Devil/Manta Ray imagery and the sun glint-thing).

The WV Blackbears (formally the Jamestown Jammers) just unveiled their logo:

B-JhgFYCcAAgLXl.jpg

Love that they'll be using blue and gold, fittingly since they'll be playing in Morgantown and at WVU's new baseball stadium.

The ball peaking over the mountain top brings this down a few notches, but overall, solid.

Who designed this one?

Nevermind... Rickabaugh Graphics

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150218&content_id=109612396&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t5020&sid=t5020