2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

What an anticlimactic Mike McCarthy way to end it. 

I think I  get what they were going for. Obviously 49ers weren't expecting a run, let alone with Dak. 

But he either needed to run towards the sideline or drop down like 5 yards sooner. He got to greedy. 

Also when he slide, couldn't the 49ers have just refused to touch him as a way to run out the clock? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

What the hell happened in last seconds?! IMO It was a ref fault so Cowboys should have back those 3 seconds to play

It's the official's fault Dak decided to run and go down in bounds? 

• Like 7

I saw, I came, I left.

22 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I know. Neither team really deserved to win this week, I gotta admit. Good luck in Green Bay, niners. I'll be rooting for you, cause Anti-Vax Aaron can go to hell.

• Like 1

xFUdNmt.png

14 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

We lost to the refs, but more importantly, we lost to ourselves.

"We"?  Didn't know we had players posting here.  In no universe did the Cowboys deserve to win that game.  

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

What the hell happened in last seconds?! IMO It was a ref fault so Cowboys should have back those 3 seconds to play

Why would it be the officials fault?  He has to spot the ball, but Dak decided to give the ball to his center instead. That ref even hauled ass up field so he could spot it as quickly as possible. 

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

11 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

It's the official's fault Dak decided to run and go down in bounds? 

No but he bump him later which cost Cowboys all time.

Yesterday Raiders was screwed with a whistle touchdown and today there is another controversy where referee play a main role.

4r2eer.png

19 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

What an anticlimactic Mike McCarthy way to end it. 

I think I  get what they were going for. Obviously 49ers weren't expecting a run, let alone with Dak. 

But he either needed to run towards the sideline or drop down like 5 yards sooner. He got to greedy. 

Also when he slide, couldn't the 49ers have just refused to touch him as a way to run out the clock? 

When a QB begins to slide, the play is dead at that moment. So the answer to that question is no, it doesn't work that way.

• Like 3

spacer.png

And here's the 15 actual Cowboys fans in their "home" stadium throwing beers at the refs and their own players.  LOL they should go back to stroking their guns, praying,  and telling women what to do with their bodies.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

No but he bump him later which cost Cowboys all time.

Yesterday Raiders was screwed with a whistle touchdown and today there is another controversy where referee play a main role.

He spotted the ball. It's his job. Blame the Cowboys for the dumb play call or for not giving the official the ball right away. 

• Like 8

IUe6Hvh.png

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

And here's the 15 actual Cowboys fans in their "home" stadium throwing beers at their own players.  LOL they should go back to stroking their guns, praying,  and telling women what to do with their bodies.

Dallas is basically SEC Country now -- so this tracks.

6uXNWAo.png

Cowboys always find new, and incredible, ways to lose football games. They make it difficult to be a loyal fan. 

They had the talent to go all the way, but unfortunately they were far too undisciplined and just simply not good enough against good teams all season long. In all 6 games against teams that won 10+ games Cowboys went down by double digits in all but two of them (Patriots and Buccaneers). 

They just didn’t look ready nor prepared for the intensity of the 49ers. Couldn’t match it until it was too late.  Props to the Niners for playing really well. 

McCarthy needs to go. I’ve seen enough. Cowboys had 14 penalties today (all of them deserved) and couldn’t get out of the their own way. Which was a consistent theme all damn season. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

12 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

McCarthy needs to go. I’ve seen enough. Cowboys had 14 penalties today (all of them deserved) and couldn’t get out of the their own way. Which was a consistent theme all damn season. 

To add on to what I said here, that was the worst coached Cowboys game I’ve seen since the 2009 divisional loss to Minnesota. 

Jason Garrett, for all his clear flaws, never had the team this ill-prepared for a damn playoff game. The 2014 WC game against the Lions was close, but they still pulled that win out. 

And Garrett’s teams were relatively disciplined until the end on his tenure. 

EDIT: Also just found out the Zeke tore his PCL earlier in the season (which explains his production drop off) but then that begs the question why did the Cowboys continue to play an obviously hurt RB over their healthier and more explosive back in Pollard? And why didn’t Zeke go on short-term IR to heal up? Garbage coaching. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Anybody blaming the ref for Dak's boneheaded decision doesn't pay attention. If you had a clue you knew he wasn't getting that snap off in time. You can't even get set that fast in the damn video games. Get a grip.

I keep hearing about all this talent that the Cowboys have and I've heard it for basically my entire life. Are we sure they're not just being grossly overrated because they're the most popular team?

• Like 5