2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

You have basically no competition for your division title. Unless 2021 Carson Wentz becomes 2017 Carson Wentz, the AFC South Champs are the Titans.

Agreed 100 percent

• Like 1

xFUdNmt.png

6 hours ago, Kooky01 said:

Titans fan here, if Watson gets shipped off somewhere else, that will make my day. (Not that the Texans are a playoff contender or anything like that). If he does go to Miami, I don't care. Just don't trade him to Jacksonville (which I know will NOT happen) or Indy. 

Watson isn’t playing whether he’s traded or not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Bye Cam

I would have kept Cam as the backup. He's way better than Hoyer and he's not costing you much. According to Colin Cowherd it's because of the Covid hiccup last week. I think New England will be lucky to get 8 wins now. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

59 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would have kept Cam as the backup. He's way better than Hoyer and he's not costing you much. According to Colin Cowherd it's because of the Covid hiccup last week. I think New England will be lucky to get 8 wins now. 

Because they've released their backup QB? That doesn't make sense.

It's where I sit.

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

I just don't see Mac Jones doing well this year. He's done most of his work against the backups and 3rd and 4th stringers. 

OK - so releasing Newton doesn't really have anything to do with your thoughts that they're good for 8 wins

It's where I sit.

8 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

OK - so releasing Newton doesn't really have anything to do with your thoughts that they're good for 8 wins

If they need to move on to someone that can get them a win, Cam is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Hoyer. That's my thoughts on the matter. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Another unlucky break for Cam. The man should still be on the Panthers, but the team screwed up his recovery and screwed him long-term. I hope he finds a job, but I'm worried his days in the NFL are coming to a close. What a shame.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they need to move on to someone that can get them a win, Cam is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Hoyer. That's my thoughts on the matter. 

It’s better to have a rookie start right away, and having cam there just put unneeded pressure that he’ll be benched if he has a bad game. Hoyer is a serviceable backup, and has been around long enough to mentor Mac and teach him the things to look for in the film room ect. While cam can provide a lot of the same teachings, him being on the sideline just opens up fans to voice their opinions that he should be playing regardless of how Mac does. Same thing would happen if cam was the starter for Mac. It’s just easier for the team to not deal with the controversy.

I admit I am a bit surprised the Patriots cut Newton. Mac was obviously the better player, but I didn't expect Belichick the just throw him into the fire like this.  Belichick must have a lot of confidence in him in that case. 

Guess it is for the best though, if they started Cam then the second he throws his first INT all the racist Patriots fans would be booing him & demanding Mac.  Hope Cam does land someone though, not sure if he's starter material anymore, but he's capable on the right team. Giants, Broncos, and Saints might be a good fit for him. At least as a backup. 

As for Mac, I am impressed with his preseason. Don't really know what more you could ask for out of a rookie QB in his case. Yeah he played mostly backups, but when he did face starters (like against the Giants) he still did remarkably well. This might be an odd comparison to make so early, but he does remind me of Josh Allen. 

The AFC East will certainly be very interesting this season, for the first time in about 30 years. 

Only question I have is......what exactly does Brian Hoyer have on Belichick? 

Cam already missed time last year with covid things, and he missed time during this camp.   I don't know why any team would take a chance on an unvaccinated player that could potentially lead to other players missing time and maybe even a forfeit.  Forget your thoughts on covid and vaccinations - strictly from a rules / protocols standpoint, he's a risk - and a team would have to decide that a backup QB is worth that risk.  I don't doubt that his vax status and having covid issues lead to his release.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

29 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Cam already missed time last year with covid things, and he missed time during this camp.   I don't know why any team would take a chance on an unvaccinated player that could potentially lead to other players missing time and maybe even a forfeit.  Forget your thoughts on covid and vaccinations - strictly from a rules / protocols standpoint, he's a risk - and a team would have to decide that a backup QB is worth that risk.  I don't doubt that his vax status and having covid issues lead to his release.

Depends on the team I guess. 

Vikings for example, clearly don't care that Kirk Cousins is an anti-vaxxer. 

So dumb that this is even an issue. But some people need to learn the hard way decisions have consequences. 

10 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

It's not that they don't care, it's that there's clearly no reasonable way out of that contract this year, so they're stuck with him and his nonsense whether they like it or not. And with vaccination, Cousins isn't the only problem child they have in Minnesota. Harrison Smith, Adam Thielen, and supposedly even Dalvin Cook are also anti-vax, so that's only four of your most important players who are leading that particular faction. I fear for Zimmer's health with the headaches those guys are causing.

• Like 3

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Depends on the team I guess. 

Difference is I think he's owed a ton of guaranteed money, plus he's the starter.  When you don't have a ton of guaranteed money owed to you and you're not coming in as the clear #1, that risk probably isn't worth it.

It's so funny that these lunkheads will inject steroids into themselves or use other performance enhancers made in unregulated factories and are untested, but you put a vaccine in front of them and they're "ew, I'm not putting that into my body."  Expecting anything more than athleticism out of these people is really asking too much.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

59 minutes ago, See Red said:

For what it's worth, Urban Meyer is under NFLPA investigation for cutting players in part because of their failure to get vaccinated, which violates the CBA.

From a league whose personnel often makes decisions without much regard for player safety....

I saw, I came, I left.