MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

Exactly........ if St. Louis can wear this beauty, Boston can wear that Sock hat as well

-

spacer.png

I’d prefer they wear the blue one with the red STL outlined in white, but to each their own.

• Like 2

The hanging socks looked good on the jacket back in the day:

joe-morgan-manager-of-the-boston-red-sox

I mean, they weren't rendered well there, but the idea is solid. Another step back the Red Sox should take, along with navy undershirts so the red stands out more.

• Like 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The hanging socks looked good on the jacket back in the day:

joe-morgan-manager-of-the-boston-red-sox

I mean, they weren't rendered well there, but the idea is solid. Another step back the Red Sox should take, along with navy undershirts so the red stands out more.

spacer.png
What about the extra piping and hooped stirrups?

5 hours ago, adsarebad said:

They are just hats with the team logo on instead of the insignia 

Doesn't mean anything. These types of hats fit within some teams history and/or identity better than others. What looks right for one team doesn't necessarily look right for another.

• Like 4

I dunno, I just like how they looked in the last years of Yawkey Trust ownership, when they were just Pedro Martinez being otherworldly and not annoying everybody yet. There's been too much red since. That's the sweet spot for the Red Sox, as far as I'm concerned: the '80s road uniform that out Yankee-ed the Yankees never made sense to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 7/9/2022 at 4:36 PM, adsarebad said:

Exactly........ if St. Louis can wear this beauty, Boston can wear that Sock hat as well

-

spacer.png

I own that hat, as a Cardinals fan, but I hate it and wish that they would stop using it. It changes the look of the home uniform so much by making everything...darker. Just my opinion. Then again, I'm one of the rare people that only wants the home red hat for all 162 games. 

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Red and white worked just fine for decades.  I understand navy is historic but it's not necessary.

Come again? The Cardinals have had navy blue in their palette since at least the 50s. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Come again? The Cardinals have had navy blue in their palette since at least the 50s. 

Other than the bat being navy or black prior to, 1940 was the first year of the Cardinals wearing navy crowned hats and it's further inclusion into their identity.

Red and navy were easier to produce colors back in the day, which is why there's so many teams in all levels of professional sports that have been red / maroon / navy / royal blue. When you look at it from that lense it's not quite as annoying.

I like that both the Braves and Cardinals also allow a bit of gold but don't use it for more than 10% of a visual (that's an arbitrary number, but you get the point)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Red and navy were easier to produce colors back in the day, which is why there's so many teams in all levels of professional sports that have been red / maroon / navy / royal blue. When you look at it from that lense it's not quite as annoying.

There's one other factor to that as well: most of the pro baseball clubs mirrored their colors after those of the US flag, as well, as a show of national pride. 

Sidebar, but as an example, this explains in part why the Pittsburgh Pirates were until almost 1950 (I want to say 1948) also a navy and red team. Imagine if they still were a navy and red team today, though?? 🤔🤔

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||