MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

MLB Futures Game uniforms:

I should hate them, but I don’t (keeping in mind the obvious caveat that I wouldn’t endorse them for an actual MLB game). The scripts are very nice. I’d be willing to bet that these were considered for the actual All-Star game at some point. 

27 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

New Era and Nike will never get that B correct will they?

Has to be a problem with the league's files, doesn't it?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Has to be a problem with the league's files, doesn't it?

I think it's New Era -- '47 gets it right pretty consistently.

spacer.png spacer.pngspacer.png

That said, they do have one with the same improper B, but if I recall correctly, that's from the one year (ironically, I believe it was 1947) where the Dodgers switched to Boston's hat supplier, and it got mixed in, but was never the official logo:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Anubis.png

1 hour ago, Anubis2051 said:

That said, they do have one with the same improper B, but if I recall correctly, that's from the one year (ironically, I believe it was 1947) where the Dodgers switched to Boston's hat supplier, and it got mixed in, but was never the official logo:

It was 1956 I think. Right before the move to LA, making the Boston-style "B" the last cap logo for the Brooklyn Dodgers that was officially on record.

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Dodger Stadium seat colors x LA city flag

1 hour ago, selgy said:

I am talking about the zig zag design. Why I sad San Andres fault 

That’s where the Los Angeles city flag comes in:

IeCa1m3.png

I do think the Futures & Celebrity games were indeed inspired by the Dodger Stadium seats, as well:

KIRlqsj.jpg

Blue vs. orange for the Futures Game, sea foam green vs. yellow for Celebrity Softball.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I do think the Futures & Celebrity games were indeed inspired by the Dodger Stadium seats, as well:

KIRlqsj.jpg

Blue vs. orange for the Futures Game, sea foam green vs. yellow for Celebrity Softball.

That's pretty cool. Makes me appreciate the designs for what they were a bit more, rather than just assuming Nike randomly pulled some colors out of a hat and went with those. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

That’s where the Los Angeles city flag comes in:

IeCa1m3.png

KIRlqsj.jpg

Knew the seat colors. But wasnt aware of the flag design 

Thanks

• Like 1