MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

17 hours ago, McCall said:

Doesn't mean anything. These types of hats fit within some teams history and/or identity better than others. What looks right for one team doesn't necessarily look right for another.

right, but the st.louis insignia is not one of the best, very hard to read, so they bird is a nice change once in a while 

• Huh? 2

31 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Wow , $465 for a grey jersey, with no piping, no sleeve stripes... nothing!

Nike is tripping.

such a depressing jersey 😞

https://www.mlbshop.com/houston-astros/mens-houston-astros-nike-charcoal-2022-mlb-all-star-game-authentic-custom-jersey/t-14331907+p-9332625534843+z-9-3510705452?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r2c0:po-6

Piping and striping don't add to the cost of a jersey. All authentic jerseys, regardless of the features, are the same price. Same goes for replicas, etc. The Cardinals regular home and roads are the same price as the Saturday alternates, even though the home/road are plain and the alts have piping.

35 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

right, but the st.louis insignia is not one of the best, very hard to read, so they bird is a nice change once in a while 

I think the St. Louis script is really nice.  The only change I'd make to the cream and blue jerseys is the elimination of the headspoon piping in favor of collar trim.  With the script and the birds on bat, the piping is just a little too much.  Also the blue jersey is supposed to be reminiscent of the '70s/'80s, and none of those jerseys had piping like that.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I think the St. Louis script is really nice.  The only change I'd make to the cream and blue jerseys is the elimination of the headspoon piping in favor of collar trim.  With the script and the birds on bat, the piping is just a little too much.  Also the blue jersey is supposed to be reminiscent of the '70s/'80s, and none of those jerseys had piping like that.

I tend to agree. I used to want the Cardinals to add full piping to their home/roads, but then I got to preferring the plain jerseys because I thought the placket piping would clutter it up with the birds. The Saturday cream pretty much confirmed my suspicions. That being said, I'd leave the piping on the cream alt since it's supposed to evoke the classic jersey from the 1940s. The blue could probably stand to be changed to red/white/navy striping, ala the Blue Jays/Rangers, or triple piping around the collar, sleeves and pants, ala the Nationals/Giants/Pirates, to evoke the 70s/80s era jerseys.

• Like 1

Just go all the way and make the blue one a pullover - just not one of the overly-baggy ones that Majestic seems to always make.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Just go all the way and make the blue one a pullover - just not one of the overly-baggy ones that Majestic seems to always make.

I, personally, speaking as a Cardinals fan for myself, don't like pullover jerseys. I'd rather just see them transfered over to a button up.

48 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

The StL insignia absolutely is one of the best.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 minutes ago, McCall said:

I, personally, speaking as a Cardinals fan for myself, don't like pullover jerseys. I'd rather just see them transfered over to a button up.

Oh I'm not a fan of pullovers either, just saying if they're trying to evoke memories of the blue era, that would be another way to make it more authentic since I don't think the blues ever existed as buttondowns.

I’ve been banging the drum for the NBA All-Star Game to use basically this exact design so I guess I like it, even though this shouldn’t exist in the MLB ASG. Closer to maintaining team identities is at least a less bad option.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think thats just a customizable replica, not a different tier of jersey quality.

9 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Wow , $465 for a grey jersey, with no piping, no sleeve stripes... nothing!

Nike is tripping.

such a depressing jersey 😞

https://www.mlbshop.com/houston-astros/mens-houston-astros-nike-charcoal-2022-mlb-all-star-game-authentic-custom-jersey/t-14331907+p-9332625534843+z-9-3510705452?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r2c0:po-6

Yeah, but they are offering free shipping 😛 being a fanatics store, you’ll get your Cubs jersey just in time for the wild card round.

• LOL 1
KISSwall09.jpg

I really like this year’s All-Star jerseys.

Of course, I’d much prefer every team to wear their regular jersey for the actual All-Star Game, & save this design for the Home Run Derby, for what we got, at least they’re miles better than last year’s uniforms.

15 hours ago, McCall said:

Piping and striping don't add to the cost of a jersey. All authentic jerseys, regardless of the features, are the same price. 

Within teams Nike seems to have standardized prices but that’s newer as well. Majestic definitely had jerseys with more features costing more than jerseys with fewer features.

But across teams the prices do vary seemingly based on things like layers of twill, piping, patches, etc. The fully loaded (player name and number non-custom) authentics vary quite a bit actually.

Yankees Home Judge - $300

Reds Home Moustakas - $320

Rangers Home Seager - $440

Rockies City Blackmon - $475

There are a lot of teams in that $350-400 range but I picked out some extremes. There are also so,e bizarrely cheap authentics that I can’t figure out like a Trevor Story Red Sox Authentic priced at $205.

• Like 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators