MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

Just realized how easy it would have been to make the Dodgers CC jersey great (at least much better) .... just have "Los Angeles"  on the front instead of that Los Dodgers .

that way it would not look like their batting practice jerseys that says Dodgers on them, and it would be the only blue jersey that said Los Angeles......

and since it is a city connect jersey, what is more fitting than the city name. 

spacer.png

-

spacer.png

On 7/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, lahaye7 said:

my City Connect Uni ranking (because no one asked)

1. Miami 

2. Arizona (cream pants were a must) 

3.  KC Royal Fountains (love the cap) 

4. Southside

5. Angels

6. Cubs 

7. Astros

8. Giants

9. Colorado (cap kills it) 

10.  Brewers 

11. San Diego 

12. Nats

13. Boston

14. Dodgers 

My Rankings

Washington

Miami

Chicago WS

San Francisco 

Houston

Arizona 

Chicago Cubs

Colorado

San Diego 

Milwaukee

Boston

Kansas City 

LA Angels

Dodgers (Los Dodgers is just LAZY)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

My Rankings

Washington

Miami

Chicago WS

San Francisco 

Houston

Arizona 

Chicago Cubs

Colorado

San Diego 

Milwaukee

Boston

Kansas City 

LA Angels

Dodgers (Los Dodgers is just LAZY)

I love seeing other peoples rankings so I’ll chime in with my own.

1. White Sox

2. Miami

3.  Kansas City

4. Washington

5. Arizona (must be with tan pants)

6. Milwaukee

7. LA Angels 

8. San Diego

9. San Francisco 

10. Colorado

11. Houston 

12. Cubs

13. Boston

14. Dodgers 

• Like 1

SIG.png

The irritating thing with the Dodgers CC is that if they wanted to honor the Latino fan base all they had to do was use what is already being sold on all corners of the internet.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBwqr_t3fStQDW_QTy793

Of course, they gave away two variations of what would have done an even better job as part of a doubleheader giveaway in May.

worz0aw4uqhvxwcyqlls.jpg

h6d303ebhqcjjq5apndw.jpg

• Like 3

VmWIn6B.png

On 7/2/2022 at 2:05 PM, DarthBrett said:

Does anyone on here have the Brewers' city jersey or has anybody seen it in-person? Just curious how their powder blue color compares to other team's that currently have powder blue jerseys. 

I've seen it in person, but seeing it and comparing it to another color that isn't on the field isn't where I think I could go.

It's where I sit.

Anyone like to see these teams go full time in CC unis?  I think the Angels could, their CC unis have more personality than the current ones. DBacks too.  Marlins just some more colors but I'm not going to beat that rotting corpse. Astros need to incorporate some of their CC elements. 

• Dislike 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The uniform doesn't scream Dodgers to me. It looks more like the WS champ jerseys, not so much a Dodgers-themed set. It's fine if they want to use an LA theme as opposed to a Dodgers specific theme, but I will miss the more team-focused jerseys we saw in years like '15, '16, and '17.

The jersey looks fine though and matches what we've seen of the ASG brand so far. Not bad.

I like the Astros CC logo with the streak around it much more than just the generic H and Star. The Astros are wayyyyyy too plain as is right now. 

But, we all know what they really just need to do, and that is pipe the sleeves and pants with a tri-color of red-orange-yellow. Doing that alone would enhance their look tremendously, but if they also added the CC logo as the primary cap it would be amazing

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I dig it

30 minutes ago, fortunat1 said:

The uniform doesn't scream Dodgers to me. It looks more like the WS champ jerseys, not so much a Dodgers-themed set. It's fine if they want to use an LA theme as opposed to a Dodgers specific theme, but I will miss the more team-focused jerseys we saw in years like '15, '16, and '17.

The jersey looks fine though and matches what we've seen of the ASG brand so far. Not bad.

Since the ballcaps are all black and gold, I figured this is the best thing you can get for an All Star jersy. Unfortunately it probably means the American League uniforms will be all black. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Horrible All Star jerseys, leave the Gold theme for the WS champs....... for a couple of games that is.

For WS champions, I think we should bring back this beauty:

tris-speaker-in-uniform-bettmann.jpg

And while we're at it, I think we should bring back Dirk Richter. Kids will want to see the original Radioactive Man.

• Like 6
  • Huh? 1

On 7/4/2022 at 8:17 AM, lahaye7 said:

Anyone like to see these teams go full time in CC unis?  I think the Angels could, their CC unis have more personality than the current ones. DBacks too.  Marlins just some more colors but I'm not going to beat that rotting corpse. Astros need to incorporate some of their CC elements. 

I agree. I wouldn’t mind if the Angels went with the City uniform full-time.

I think Arizona could pull off a sand road uniform full-time.

The Astros going with their City cap would be an immediate improvement, & I wouldn’t mind if they went with the more space-y, futuristic elements such as the NASA font & the gradient stripes. 

Colorado could have afforded to have a mountain-themed alternate in their main set, and the green & purple color combo could work, as well.

As far as rankings go, now that they’re all out for this year, I’d go:

1. White Sox

2. Angels

3. Houston

4. Colorado

5. Washington

6. Arizona

7. Boston

8. Kansas City

9. Miami

10. San Francisco

11. Milwaukee

12. San Diego

13. Cubs

14. Dodgers

5 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

For WS champions, I think we should bring back this beauty:

tris-speaker-in-uniform-bettmann.jpg

And while we're at it, I think we should bring back Dirk Richter. Kids will want to see the original Radioactive Man.

Worlds Champion? 

😅

There is more than just one world? 

Why not universe champions while we are at it!?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Those were BP jerseys not used in the actual game. These will be worn during the actual game, like last year. They are not intended to mimic the host team's identity.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:14 PM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Colorado Rockies - I like the idea, but the purple clashes horribly with the green and the cap logo looks awful.

I'm glad that the consensus on these has cooled since they were released. I have yet to buy a single piece of Rox city merchandise. Do you know how bad they had to mess up that to get me, a fifth gen. Coloradoan living in another state that eats up everything CO branded he can. Not to mention that I'm a lifelong fitted hat collector and haven't even considered buying that tourist sticker abomination they released.

Hopefully that sentiment is shared and we get the Dodgers treatment with a new cap next season. Replacing the current tourist sticker with the alt mountain logo in purple or green would be a massive upgrade IMO.

• Like 2

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

39 minutes ago, JTernup said:

I'm glad that the consensus on these has cooled since they were released.

Maybe the consensus has cooled, but I haven't.  I still think it's a great concept (even if there's tweaks I'd make) and I don't see how purple and green clash.  Subjectively, maybe people just don't like the combination, and that's fine, but I don't see how they "clash".  IMO it's a great combination, even though I think they could have executed it a little better.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."