MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

On 6/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, Ark said:

It seems like people disagreed with this? Why do you disagree? What are your thoughts on stirrups?

Disclaimer: my opinions here are probably only a function of nostalgia for what was common when I was growing up...

Honestly, as long as they wear them and you can see that they are wearing them is what's most important to me. As far as how to wear them, I prefer the stirrup part  to to up to about mid calf and to be able to see the "arch" at the top of the stirrup. If the stirrup has a stripe pattern at the top I want to see that too. (Bonus trivia: when the White Sox wore red stirrups in the 70's they had their logo stitched at the top to affirm they were the *White* sox even though their socks were actually red.) 

Does anyone call stirrups "top socks"? That was what I used to call them back in the day but maybe that was just me.

19 hours ago, ltravisjr said:

Disclaimer: my opinions here are probably only a function of nostalgia for what was common when I was growing up...

Honestly, as long as they wear them and you can see that they are wearing them is what's most important to me. As far as how to wear them, I prefer the stirrup part  to to up to about mid calf and to be able to see the "arch" at the top of the stirrup. If the stirrup has a stripe pattern at the top I want to see that too. (Bonus trivia: when the White Sox wore red stirrups in the 70's they had their logo stitched at the top to affirm they were the *White* sox even though their socks were actually red.) 

Does anyone call stirrups "top socks"? That was what I used to call them back in the day but maybe that was just me.

Stirrups are the most useless uncomfortable piece of equipment ever invented. I get why they had them back in the day due to technology not being what we have today and full socks fading. But today there is no use for them, and when you had guys stretching out the band so you’d have 2 spaghetti straps that went to their knee it just got ridiculous. Full socks are all that’s needed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, BC985 said:

I know their usual cap is blue but when red is in the team name, and the special event caps are red or blue, I think the cap should be red. 

spacer.png

Yea there seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of there color selections. Some have blue logo blue base, others have red logos red base, or a combination of the 2 and it has nothing to do with the teams color scheme. The tigers are wearing a red cap with blue logos when they have always worn blue. It makes no sense.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Stirrups are the most useless uncomfortable piece of equipment ever invented. I get why they had them back in the day due to technology not being what we have today and full socks fading. But today there is no use for them, and when you had guys stretching out the band so you’d have 2 spaghetti straps that went to their knee it just got ridiculous. Full socks are all that’s needed. 

I don't think fading was the original reason for them, but rather that the dye could cause an infection if they got spiked and the colored sock mixed with the blood (hence the "sanitary" sock underneath.)

The spaghetti strap looked worked (and I use the term loosely) with teams like the Phillies that had the thick racing stripe, since it just looked like a continuation of the stripe.  But other than that, a solid sock is truer to the original intent of the stirrup, which was to literally mimic a solid sock.

At the end of the day, the A's ruined everything by introducing the one-piece stirrup with was just a straight line.  My little league eventually moved away from traditional stirrups to "T" shaped ones, which were just as bad as you can imagine.

featured_04-samuel-juan-focus-on-sport_g

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, axiom20xx said:

Padre City Connect jerseys are White, colors are same as the socks. Right sleeve is Pink, Left is Aqua. San Diego is on the front, half of it appears to be above water, the other half under. Patch on left sleeve.

pink and aqua? like miami heat CC unis, or whatever they were

why those 2 colors?

• Love 1

On 6/23/2022 at 10:19 PM, axiom20xx said:

Padre City Connect jerseys are White, colors are same as the socks. Right sleeve is Pink, Left is Aqua. San Diego is on the front, half of it appears to be above water, the other half under. Patch on left sleeve.

How do you know this?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joekono said:

As long as they keep the beauties they have now they can wear the City Connect jerseys a few times.

Padres are Back in Brown, Unveil New Uniforms and Logos – SportsLogos.Net  News

dont forget about the coming huge motorola sleeve patch  🤢  🤮

will those also be present on the CC jerseys?

that will clash with the Angels CC jersey for sure!

On 6/23/2022 at 10:19 PM, axiom20xx said:

Im guessing “San Diego” will be in the font we see on the socks. 

Considering the colors, mismatched sleeves sound like an awful idea. What are they designing, Hawaiian shirts? 

spacer.png

• WOAH 1
  • Hurl 2
NYCdog.png