MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

On 6/13/2022 at 1:43 PM, fortunat1 said:

Maybe another look at the Milwaukee's city connect?  The hat looks much more powder instead of the "Milwaukee People's Flag" blue from the past leak. The stitching isn't as great in front but it has the New Era stickers and logo.

vF4AEUp.jpg

hQIF3Bp.jpg

from Hatstore

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

12 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Gray and Navy with gold paneled cap - road only.

Cream and Pinstripes with navy cap - home only.

It actually makes sense that the navy is now designated as a road alternate only...they can mix in the city connect at home instead.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

It actually makes sense that the navy is now designated as a road alternate only...they can mix in the city connect at home instead.

I believe the navy jersey has always been road only. They have two road jersey and two home jerseys.

Pretty elegant way to divide it up.

The whole rebrand has been terrific. Thinking about investing in the all navy cap myself for trips North.

44487ed8fba0f2b82d9d5c8e9a98ed4b9d67f7c7

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😆 wow.  We can barely afford gas and they puttin out this :censored:?

off-white is a fashion brand for the if you have to ask how much it is you can't afford it crowd who like to pay luxury prices for garments that either look like they were too soiled to be resold at goodwill or a 4th graders sewing project.

The people who can afford this don't care how much it costs to fill up their g wagons to run to the grocery store or salon.

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I believe the navy jersey has always been road only. They have two road jersey and two home jerseys.

Pretty elegant way to divide it up.

The whole rebrand has been terrific. Thinking about investing in the all navy cap myself for trips North.

44487ed8fba0f2b82d9d5c8e9a98ed4b9d67f7c7

No...prior to this season, they had occasionally worn the navy at home.

On 6/12/2022 at 9:38 AM, adsarebad said:

Seeing the Angels CC in action, and they look a bit crappy.

The front patch where the number is, and only stripes around one sleeves is awful imo, they look like ice cream salesmen. 

Vanilla ice cream with some strawberry jam on it. So random!

Same with the navy blue back numbers, do not match the red name on the back or script on the front.

I wish they would have went further. It’s still just red and white with the halo A. I wish they would have went with the lower case A or something to mix it up. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

56 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Since they unveiled their new set in 2020, the Brewers have never worn the navy jersey at home

Never mind, you're right...I'm still thinking of the old navy jersey.

14 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😆 wow.  We can barely afford gas and they puttin out this :censored:?

Almost sounds like an April Fools joke, but tbh it's nice to see a MLB jersey without the Nike Swoosh in front.

I think the jerseys are amazing, especially the new grill/baseball logo with an M on the bottom but I wished the pants were powder blue too.

The hats are bad though. I see what they were trying to do with the 414 and MKE but it doesn't work.

This jacket is probably my favorite piece of merch

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

All in all I like it. It's probably the weakest one Nike has unveiled this year, but it's still pretty solid. It would definitely shoot up a few spots in my rankings had they gone full powder blue, and I wish there was navy piping on the sleeves & collar. Also wish they had gone with gold numbers with a navy drop shadow to match the script. I do really love the baseball grill logo, though. 

• Like 1