MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

I like the jersey script but I think I like the darker blue the jersey appeared to be in a pic that leaked a few weeks ago, I’d prefer navy trim to white too. The powder blue is wearing out its welcome with the CC uniforms for me, plus I don’t really like it with white pants. Go all in and rock the blue pants if you’re gonna hop on the powder train, same goes for KC too. I’m not crazy about the cap logo but I imagine it will be popular with the denizens of Milwaukee.

20 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

If this website is correct, they have not worn the new navy jerseys at home.

That's interesting because looking at that data, the Brewers wear their pinstripes and cream uniforms nearly the same number of times. 2021 was a 41-40 split and 2020 was 15-14 with pinstripes getting the extra game each season.

Really they don't have a primary home. They have a weekday home and a weekend home. Sweet deal. Makes me happy because the pinstripes are one of my favorite uniforms in baseball right now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I like the jersey script but I think I like the darker blue the jersey appeared to be in a pic that leaked a few weeks ago, I’d prefer navy trim to white too. The powder blue is wearing out its welcome with the CC uniforms for me, plus I don’t really like it with white pants. Go all in and rock the blue pants if you’re gonna hop on the powder train, same goes for KC too. I’m not crazy about the cap logo but I imagine it will be popular with the denizens of Milwaukee.

While the powder blue is trendy, in this case it likely draws from the city's official (mess of a) flag, or the much more popular People's Flag of Milwaukee.

spacer.pngspacer.png

11 minutes ago, Francis10 said:

While the powder blue is trendy, in this case it likely draws from the city's official (mess of a) flag, or the much more popular People's Flag of Milwaukee.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I’m aware of both of those flags and the historical precedent for the Brewers to use light blue but the shade of blue on the people’s flag is what I thought we were getting after the initial leak of the cap a few weeks ago. It’s different than the apparently very light blue of the actual uniforms. The color combo with the darker blue is unique and more appealing for the idea of a “City” uniform IMO.

The cap logo well and truly sucks. I can't help reading it as Mike, and also it's ugly and bad.

The rest of it is... Fine, I guess I know they say they've been working on these for two years, but I would have expected something better for that kind of time. Even the storytelling copy is lackluster, much thinner than usual, as is the tenuous Connection to the City. The People's Flag colors are also just standard Brewers colors, and is there a franchise out there whose fans don't tailgate?

I do love the grill logo, as minor league as it is. Would have made a much better hat logo than Mike.

Echoing the opinions on here, I like most aspects of these, I love the grill logo and the wordmark. My initial edits would be these:

• The cap logo feels just so beyond forced. As a jock tag logo that's fine, but I feel like the People's Flag could've been fashioned into a baseball somehow and created a way better look.
  • I'd love to see these with powder blue pants.
  • There's something about the script on the jersey itself that seems off, I'm not sure if it's a tad small or high up, but maybe that's just me.

Overall I'd say it's a good, not great jersey, but I'll probably end up snagging one on my annual weekend trip up there.

5 minutes ago, Bonnaroo42 said:

• The cap logo feels just so beyond forced. As a jock tag logo that's fine, but I feel like the People's Flag could've been fashioned into a baseball somehow and created a way better look.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • WOAH 1

If they used the B from Brew Crew as the hat, it would of been gold. But the MKE/414 logo cheapens the set so bad that it looks like a beer league softball uniform. Also would love to see what it looks like with gold or powder blue pants.

I think the jersey does its job for the Milwaukee audience. The powder blue evokes a similar feel to the retro jerseys while being unique . The grill logo ties in the importance of tailgating and brats at Brewers games. The cap logo isn't the same quality as the jersey and was better off exclusively on the jock tag though. This is gonna be a hit with fans.

11 minutes ago, GottaDeal said:

First, I appreciate that this more matches the actual city flag, and not the People's Flag, which I, personally, hate (I know I'm in the minority on this but the lack of inclusivity when it was designed and rolled out, tied to the complete genericness of the design make it a no go for me).

Also, for some reason the script gives me Milwaukee Record vibes, but I can't exactly put my finger on why, since they are noticeably different, I just can't shake it.

spacer.png

All that said I find it super amusing that the first "Tavern of the Game"  for the City Connect jersey is in Sullivan. 

7 minutes ago, Toodles1980 said:

the lack of inclusivity when it was designed and rolled out

Can you expand on what you mean by this? Although I personally like the People's Flag, I actually don't know much about its creation.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, NH4 said:

I think the jerseys are amazing, especially the new grill/baseball logo with an M on the bottom but I wished the pants were powder blue too.

The hats are bad though. I see what they were trying to do with the 414 and MKE but it doesn't work.

This jacket is probably my favorite piece of merch

This might be my favorite city connect jersey (not a huge fan of the hat logo though) right there with the Marlins.

White Sox probably 3rd and the rest ranging from garbage to meh.

14 minutes ago, Bagel said:

Can you expand on what you mean by this? Although I personally like the People's Flag, I actually don't know much about its creation.

Essentially the organization that did the People's Flag did an online contest, with no outreach to the Northside or Southside neighborhoods. If you weren't tied into the right social media, you didn't know it was happening. In the end it was  Bay View, Eastside and Washington Heights who really voted. They also had no Spanish or Hmong literature for the process. When the alders pointed this out, the People's Flag group pushed back with editorials about how they have already had buy in from so many places (again, see the flags in Bay View, Eastside etc.). So my personal take is, like a lot of things in Milwaukee, the predominately white neighborhoods decided something was great, and expected the predominately non-white neighborhoods to follow along. This is the basis of my dislike of the flag (it's also why it didn't become the official flag). 

There are some other qualms about the genericness of the design (like how Reno came up with a nearly identical flag independent of Milwaukee's flag). Here are a couple of articles.

https://shepherdexpress.com/news/alders-blast-people-s-flag-of-milwaukee-as-unoriginal-and-ra/#/questions

https://milwaukeerecord.com/city-life/peoples-flag-official-milwaukee-arts-board/

• Like 2
  • Applause 1