MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

7 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Im guessing “San Diego” will be in the font we see on the socks. 

Considering the colors, mismatched sleeves sound like an awful idea. What are they designing, Hawaiian shirts? 

spacer.png

come on man... this will be too much, a whole jersey and perhaps even pants with these colors?

these are grown ass men, not kids at the park!!

• Like 1

"You've asked for it for years, and now we're giving it to you: we're finally going to wear the colors you want us to wear, except for the days that we'll dress up as a rollercoaster. But other than that."

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, adsarebad said:

come on man... this will be too much, a whole jersey and perhaps even pants with these colors?

these are grown ass men, not kids at the park!!

I know certain amusement parks have a connection to certain cities, like Disney with Orlando, and some smaller cities, but does that amusement park along with THAT roll or coaster in particular have this deep connection to the city that the design is based on. I’m gonna say no. Most of San Diego probably doesn’t even know it exists. 

• Applause 1

10 hours ago, dont care said:

I know certain amusement parks have a connection to certain cities, like Disney with Orlando, and some smaller cities, but does that amusement park along with THAT roll or coaster in particular have this deep connection to the city that the design is based on. I’m gonna say no. Most of San Diego probably doesn’t even know it exists. 

The Giant Dipper rollercoaster is on the National Register of Historic Places. Belmont Park itself is well known and opened in 1925.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

What's the reasoning behind the star placement? Why is Toronto's star bigger than everybody else's? Can't help but think it looks like the Naval Academy is hosting the All Star game when I see the stars in the top right corner.

Is it just me or do all the stars seem to be inconsistent with sizes? Almost looks like the bigger the hat logo, the bigger the star. Rangers/Orioles/Jays/Brewers all look bigger, while the Mets/Tigers look really tiny. 

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Is it just me or do all the stars seem to be inconsistent with sizes? Almost looks like the bigger the hat logo, the bigger the star. Rangers/Orioles/Jays/Brewers all look bigger, while the Mets/Tigers look really tiny. 

And why is the A*s star integrated into the logo, but no others are? It's like an exec went up to 4 different designers and said "Hey make a couple All-Star hats. Just put a star in the corner by the logo somewhere. That should be good." and those designers had no idea about the others.

• Like 2

I don’t think they look utterly terrible, certainly better than last years. The team color ones look better than the black/gold color way ones. I mean are they necessary? No but I would take these or the 2018 hats over anything recently.

19 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

And why is the A*s star integrated into the logo, but no others are? It's like an exec went up to 4 different designers and said "Hey make a couple All-Star hats. Just put a star in the corner by the logo somewhere. That should be good." and those designers had no idea about the others.

Exactly. I'm struggling to understand the reasoning of why the stars are placed where they are. They could have easily been incorporated into more logos if they really wanted to. Like in the negative space of the Cubs/Guardians/Royals C's or the Mets/Yankees Y's. To have them just randomly floating around makes no sense. 

I think it's finally clear to me why the silly rule requiring each team to have an all-star still exists.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So, we've now descended to the new low of two separate All-Star Game caps.

And for some reason, the Mariners logo on the black hat looks like it took an uppercut in yesterday's brawl with the Angels.

• LOL 1

VmWIn6B.png

Maybe I’m stating the obvious, but it’s worth pointing out that the black/gold options are labeled as the “On-Field” hats, while the team-color versions are labeled “Workout,” presumably for the Home Run Derby & things like that. It makes me curious what the actual All-Star jerseys will look like (though, based on last year’s, I can’t say I’m optimistic). 

I really wish MLB would go back to having the specialized jerseys/caps for the Home Run Derby, while keeping the regular team uniforms for the actual All-Star Game. It was so cool seeing all of the different team’s uniforms on one field. It just felt right.

Also, the ways they integrated a star design for the past two games are both superior to this year’s version:

2021-MLB-All-Star-Game-caps-baseball-allstar-hats-denver-colorado-sportslogosnet-new-era.jpg

2019-mlb-all-star-game-cleveland-caps-baseball.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Maybe I’m stating the obvious, but it’s worth pointing out that the black/gold options are labeled as the “On-Field” hats, while the team-color versions are labeled “Workout,”

Bruh, it should be the other way around. I have a bad feeling about this years aesthetic again. 

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png