MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

Apart from the general stupidity of these designs, really like that after pushing Diamond Era and then that nylon material and who knows what I’ve missed as the solution to warm weather hats, we’re just back to trucker hats now. Can’t beat the classics!

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Apart from the general stupidity of these designs, really like that after pushing Diamond Era and then that nylon material and who knows what I’ve missed as the solution to warm weather hats, we’re just back to trucker hats now. Can’t beat the classics!

But it is not a true trucker hat if it isn't snapback and have an opening for your mullet.

I saw, I came, I left.

21 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

What's the reasoning behind the star placement? Why is Toronto's star bigger than everybody else's? Can't help but think it looks like the Naval Academy is hosting the All Star game when I see the stars in the top right corner.

From those caps at least, we no longer have to speculate what it would look like if every team decided to have a Vanderbilt tribute night.

• LOL 1

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

On 6/27/2022 at 10:26 PM, Digby said:

it is ironic. I did like how much more comfortable the diamond era hats were to me.

If it were up to me I’d pick the Classic99 Nike hats to be the on field ones. They are the most comfortable hats I’ve ever worn, and breathable!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

O's on another mix-match. They wore the alternate cap with the road jerseys in Seattle the last two nights. Holiday uniforms aside, I don't think I've seen them change it up like this before.

They actually did for one game back in August 2018 against the Indians (now Guardians)...

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

If the Padres hadn't gone back to brown and gold a few years ago, these uniforms would be by far the most interesting things they had worn since the early 2000s. I'll reserve judgement until we see the cap, but so far I'm a big fan. 

On 6/26/2022 at 6:52 AM, dont care said:

I know certain amusement parks have a connection to certain cities, like Disney with Orlando, and some smaller cities, but does that amusement park along with THAT roll or coaster in particular have this deep connection to the city that the design is based on. I’m gonna say no. Most of San Diego probably doesn’t even know it exists. 

Honestly, the Angels really should have tied in with Disney for their cities, as Disneyland is the reason why Anaheim even became a big city back in the 1950s. 

10 minutes ago, bowld said:

I actually love what San Diego did here. Brings back the nostalgic 90's beach vibes with the neon sunscreen and T&C Surf Design

I honestly had no idea T&C was even still around well into the 1990s lol I remember it from the early-late 1980s and had a ton of clothes then. The old NES game, Wood & Water Rage, was one of my favorite NES games to play from like 1987-1990. Same thing goes for Local Motion, Jimmy Z and Maui & Sons, had tons of shirts and shorts and tanks from them back in the day. Used to love the velcro belt Jimmy Z shorts and pants!