MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

Seattle is fine as they are right now.

The Rays, Diamondbacks, and Marlins are the only teams that need significant overhauls. The Angels, Twins, and Nationals need some major adjustments, but not as drastic as those former three. The Reds need to lose the drop shadow and the Rockies need a tad bit more purple. Otherwise the rest of MLB should stay put with the exception of some minor changes here and there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Seattle is fine as they are right now.

The Rays, Diamondbacks, and Marlins are the only teams that need significant overhauls. The Angels, Twins, and Nationals need some major adjustments, but not as drastic as those former three. The Reds need to lose the drop shadow and the Rockies need a tad bit more purple. Otherwise the rest of MLB should stay put with the exception of some minor changes here and there.

Rangers need to rethink their 2020 changes.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Wasn't Colorado supposed to get new uniforms next year?  Is that still a thing?

For now it sounds like they're just getting one new alternate. Most are assuming they'll update the black vest but it's unlikely much more than that especially if we haven't heard of something bigger by now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

For now it sounds like they're just getting one new alternate. Most are assuming they'll update the black vest but it's unlikely much more than that especially if we haven't heard of something bigger by now.

Thanks, thats a bummer though.  Was hoping for a whole new set.

I never understood why people clamor for a new Rockies set. I realize that some do not care for the serif font, but I think it works well enough for them. They have a distinctive look. although I think they should own the purple a tiny bit more. I find it impressive that the Rockies have sustained more or less the same identity since their inception, even if it isn't entirely perfect. The other three 90s expansion teams have hit the reset button several times during the same stretch. And in most cases, those were downgrades. A team should never be in the position where fans are eager to return to an identity that the team mothballed. 

Keep the Rockies and Mariners just as they are for the most part, aside from making minor changes or changing up one of the alternates.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I never understood why people clamor for a new Rockies set. I realize that some do not care for the serif font, but I think it works well enough for them. They have a distinctive look. although I think they should own the purple a tiny bit more. I find it impressive that the Rockies have sustained more or less the same identity since their inception, even if it isn't entirely perfect. The other three 90s expansion teams have hit the reset button several times during the same stretch. And in most cases, those were downgrades. A team should never be in the position where fans are eager to return to an identity that the team mothballed. 

Keep the Rockies and Mariners just as they are for the most part, aside from making minor changes or changing up one of the alternates.

Because its a black and white set for a team that should be purple.  I would rather not look like the White Sox....

• Like 7

12 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Normally we would have full changes announced by now, which has me concerned that the Twins are still going to be wearing the gold set next year

With so few changes in 2021, I'd expect to see several changes for 2022. Nike's rolling out a new template as well. 

Some might be unveiled in February (which would seem odd as it would miss holidays but maybe it takes advantage of the ST surge after football season). 

Interested to see what the Royals unveil on Friday. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Normally we would have full changes announced by now, which has me concerned that the Twins are still going to be wearing the gold set next year

Doesn't the team usually do new jersey unveils around Twins Fest in January? 

And was there some expectation they would be dropping gold? Personally, I don't mind the gold as a home-only color. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but I kind of like the idea of having a color that ties directly into the palette of the home venue.  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:30 AM, darthjocan said:

Looks like everything has been resolved. 

On 11/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, Survival79 said:

IgnwH3w.gif

I don't know why that would be a shame.  The baseball team gets to use the name, and to sell its gear.  

I had actually expected a large payout to the roller derby team, orders of magnitute bigger than the four-figure-type sum that was mentioned.  So I guess it's too bad for the roller derby team, which won't be getting a large payday.  But from the standpoint of the baseball team, all is well.

As an aside, this won't be the only case of two unrelated teams having the same name, as both the AUDL (ultimate disc, perhaps the greatest spectator sport in the world, and I'm serious) and WTT (World TeamTennis) have a team called the New York Empire.

tumblr_static_webempire.png            logo-ny-empire-wtt.png

The only difference is that virtually no one has ever heard of either of these teams.  (But you should definitely watch the AUDL team. The sport is beautiful.)  Whereas, in the case of the two Cleveland Guardians teams, it's only the roller derby team that no one has heard of.  So the baseball team is not really losing out, which might explain why it didn't pay the large amount that I had assumed it would pay. 

Though the URL question remains.  The baseball team will probably just use guardiansMLB.com, which is shorter than clevelandguardians.com, anyway.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Because its a black and white set for a team that should be purple.  I would rather not look like the White Sox....

I think they should introduce a bit more purple, but I wouldn't call them the White Sox or a black and white team. They use silver fairly well and I think that it should be a major part of their scheme. In terms of adding more purple, it's mostly the front numbers and/or wordmark on the home primary that could use that.  But I get the impression that people want more drastic changes than that and I wouldn't see that as necessary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Better than Spiders.

I still do not understand the hate that some people have for Guardians.  It ties to the city and sounds like something that could have been adopted a century ago. It's much better than any alternative that's been floated, including Spiders.

• Like 3