2021-22 NHL Regular Season

CS85

On 11/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, habsfan1 said:

As a Habs fan, I wish they would remove the language barrier and let anybody be coach and GM. They're having one of their worst seasons ever and they're not changing any of the top staff for what seems to be a lack of other french candidates.

I think Molson has no interest in making any changes so long as people are coming to the games and buying beer- Bergevin has been...mediocre and keeps getting rewarded with FIVE year contracts, and it seems clear to me the only reason he doesn't have another one yet is that he's not sure he wants one. For a guy who said "If you want loyalty, get a dog" with regards to Andrei Markov he sure seems to rely on the loyalty of his own boss...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, alexandre said:

I think Molson has no interest in making any changes so long as people are coming to the games and buying beer- Bergevin has been...mediocre and keeps getting rewarded with FIVE year contracts, and it seems clear to me the only reason he doesn't have another one yet is that he's not sure he wants one. For a guy who said "If you want loyalty, get a dog" with regards to Andrei Markov he sure seems to rely on the loyalty of his own boss...

You are correct. Sales would have to start plummeting, for Molson to consider making changes. It's a sad state they're in right now.

When it comes to management, a lot of paying customers have been voicing out a lot of discontent, often around the exact same topics that keep getting brought up. I don't feel like it's worth the money to buy expensive tickets for a team that sees nothing wrong with staying mediocre.

If Bergevin loses every remaining game and Molson still tries hard to keep him from moving to LA, it will illustrate how messed up their management system is. I don't agree with sticking to the same ways, when there were 6 teams in the league. There are now 32 teams.

With 10 players currently in COVID protocol, the league has finally agreed to postpone the next 3 Sens games.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-postponement-covid-1.1721381

I didn't expect to be checking tankathon this early in the season, but it's looking like this year is going to be a write-off. 

2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I didn't expect to be checking tankathon this early in the season, but it's looking like this year is going to be a write-off. 

But I thought Dorion and Melnyk said the rebuild was over? 😛

In all seriousness, this sucks for Sens fans.

11 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

But I thought Dorion and Melnyk said the rebuild was over? 😛

In all seriousness, this sucks for Sens fans.

Yeah, I think even if everything went as well as it possibly could, the playoffs would still be a stretch.

Teams don't seem to realize that the tear-down portion of a rebuild is the easiest part. Any half-competent GM can trade away all their valuable players for draft picks/prospects, but the real work is building around those pieces. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

With 10 players currently in COVID protocol, the league has finally agreed to postpone the next 3 Sens games.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-postponement-covid-1.1721381

Isn’t every year for the sens a write off?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

A Boston-based group buying a team from Pittsburgh? What?

The Fenway group has been buying teams in other sports from everywhere in the world. They hold ownership of a nascar team roush Fenway keselowski racing, and own Liverpool football club across the pond. I’m surprised they haven’t gone after basketball team yet.

7 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Remember when the Perds were on the verge of becoming the NHL's version of the Golden State Warriors? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I'm happy for the refpuck that handed the Penguins that Cup against the Perds. Granted, the 2016-17 Penguins were an excellent squad, so maybe it wasn't all refpuck?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm happy for the refpuck that handed the Penguins that Cup against the Perds. Granted, the 2016-17 Penguins were an excellent squad, so maybe it wasn't all refpuck?

That Preds team was a hell of a lot more likable than those Penguins. My stance at the time and still now is the refpuck was real, but it was because the Penguins were a good team of experienced vets who knew how to manipulate the refs in their favor and knew that being the Penguins inherently afforded them more leeway than their opponents*. It wasn't some deliberately nefarious scheme to give the Penguins a second straight cup, but it was curious that the Penguins kept ending up on the smiling side of bad call after bad call after bad call after bad call after bad call after bad call after bad call. You knew it was bad when national hockey media who usually loved slobbering the Penguins started noticing the pattern and were asking, "what is going on here?"

*I don't know why this is true, but it's been true for like 15 years now. 

• Like 7

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

That Preds team was a hell of a lot more likable than those Penguins.

I just didn't like the Perds for keeping opposing fans from games, hanging banners for asinine achievements, and the whole "little brother syndrome" atmosphere of the club. I didn't like the Penguins either, but I just wanted them to shut the Perds up. If the refs helped them, so be it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I just didn't like the Perds for keeping opposing fans from games, hanging banners for asinine achievements, and the whole "little brother syndrome" atmosphere of the club. I didn't like the Penguins either, but I just wanted them to shut the Perds up. If the refs helped them, so be it.

Penguins fans are the Worst People AliveTM Hockey Edition so keeping them out of road games is a matter of public health. That should be the policy at every NHL arena. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png