Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

At this point, referring to them as the 32s for all eternity, regardless of the name, is going to be one of those forever CCSLC gags like "in phone" and "needs stripes".

And I refuse to let it die! 😝 

• Like 6

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

46 minutes ago, Cujo said:

So we've basically confirmed Commanders. Now, which roudnel are we getting?

FIiw4GZWUAIPyOa?format=jpg&name=smallFIhwDwfXMAEhCFS?format=jpg&name=large

Opinion: The top one is far superior + the wordmark and "W" match the other leaks

Top as well. Also I think the bottom was a first take and the team wanted a variation of the W used now, maybe not to put of people with the existing WFT merch. Thus the top was born. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Opinion: The top one is far superior + the wordmark and "W" match the other leaks

I don't really think either is legit but I would bet on the top before the bottom. Bottom is very busy, has generic fonts, and uses a different W than what we've seen.

59 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The top one definitely looks better, but the stars look like Tennessee stars, not DC stars. They also used an excessive amount of outlines, just like Tennessee.

• Like 9

spacer.png

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

CCSLC tropes I'm annoyed by- 

"Let's try to figure out the logo/striping from a blurry reflection in nearby glass!"

"Team's social media account changed the graphics to X! I bet X is part of the new identity!"

"This leak is fake. Clearly the team made up fake merchandise and documents to mislead some nerds on the internet." 

I mean I get it. People are curious. They don't want to wait until 2 February and in absence of an official unveiling speculation gets crazy. But these three tropes keep happening and they never pan out 😛 

For me, when the announcement video came out, I honestly lost most any interest I had in this unveiling. I’m not normally this pessimistic, but after the sneak peeks and the supposed leak of the Commanders name, I’m not really expecting anything more than a generic militaristic identity that doesn’t hold a candle to the previous uniforms.

I’m glad other people are excited and wanting to investigate into the details and leaks, but me, I’m not in any rush to get to February 2nd. 🤷‍♂️ Which is unusual, for sure, I’m always excited for new uniform unveilings.

42 minutes ago, burgundy said:

The top one definitely looks better, but the stars look like Tennessee stars, not DC stars. They also used an excessive amount of outlines, just like Tennessee.

Yeah, but "The people's team" simply doesn't make sense. It's gotta be the top roundel

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

Y'all gonna have to let the "32s" thing go. 

My objection to it is that you'll never get that clear image where you go "that's the logo!" Not unless the picture or video was captured with an insanely powerful camera. The types of cameras used for publicity shots or used to film footage for a teaser video aren't going to be powerful enough that you can pull an unintended reflection from the footage and get anything worthwhile. At most you get a vague idea of what it could be, which lines up with the other stuff the teaser video teases. 
It all comes down to trying to read tea leaves. 

I'm the one that needs to let 32s go??

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

At this point, referring to them as the 32s for all eternity, regardless of the name, is going to be one of those forever CCSLC gags like "in phone" and "needs stripes".

Clear side panels.

• Like 6

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

I'm the one that needs to let 32s go??

Probably. It's a joke name. It isn't the end of the world. Chill.

3 hours ago, chakfu said:

But...isn't the relection a pretty legit confirmation of a yellow W and its general style? We don't need a perfect vector art version, and that reflection is far more clear than an inkblot.

I can definitely see it as another annoying trope since it's usually a tiresome stretch of the imagination.   But this time we've got a legit look at the helmet design from an unintended reflection.  That's hilarious and pretty much a dream come true for this forum!!

We didn't get any more clear a view as what we could have speculated from other sources. It's like when this community did the same stuff with the now-current Vikings uniforms.
"So we can speculate, based on this blurry reflection, that the Vikings' purple jerseys will have white and gold sleeve stripes."

What a revelation!

I mean look. If people wanna Zapruder Film through every piece of teaser footage then I  can't stop them. But it never reveals anything interesting.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

All this time, I was hoping P.I.L.L. would be resurrected and come up with Washington Football concept. 

You mean a Washington (Independent) Football concept.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

27 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

I stand corrected 

After an agonizing search  it looks like some of his topic titles might have been modified over time, but this one still remains:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

Probably. It's a joke name. It isn't the end of the world. Chill.

We didn't get any more clear a view as what we could have speculated from other sources. It's like when this community did the same stuff with the now-current Vikings uniforms.
"So we can speculate, based on this blurry reflection, that the Vikings' purple jerseys will have white and gold sleeve stripes."

What a revelation!

I mean look. If people wanna Zapruder Film through every piece of teaser footage then I  can't stop them. But it never reveals anything interesting.

Speculate or confirm?  W was always the likely speculation, but it could have been the rounded, stars, uniform #... do we even have another reliable source other than the teaser video and its unredacted version?  Confirmation via a reflection seems like the greatest leak in uniform and message board history.