Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

6 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Lol what does that even mean?

What’s entailed in “owning that it’s a minority opinion?” Should I have included a disclaimer?

Sorry guys I take it back. The Lions alt is bad because.

Back to the serious business that is grown men discussing sports uniforms. Only thick skin here!

21 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Get over yourself. 

Poster to Watch.

• Like 16
  • LOL 3
  • WOAH 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

A big phenomenon on this board:

HBFHBS

Hating black for hating black’s sake. 

That Lions alt is great!

16 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

What’s entailed in “owning that it’s a minority opinion?” Should I have included a disclaimer?

Back to the serious business that is grown men discussing sports uniforms. Only thick skin here!

You posted a clearly unpopular opinion then acted like everyone else was wrong for not agreeing with you. Knowing that your opinion is in the minority and owning it is accepting that it's in the minority and not the "objectively correct" opinion.

For example:

Baltimore+Ravens+Purple+on+Gold+2015.jpg?format=750w

I love these jerseys and especially pants. Don't know why, most people hate them, but they've always worked for me.

I expressed an unpopular opinion that I hold, explained why, and acknowledged that I was in the minority. Give it a try, it's nice.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

41 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Get over yourself. 

Yeesh.

25 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

What’s entailed in “owning that it’s a minority opinion?”

It means that one of the most tired tropes here is "guy who likes something most people don't and accuses everyone else of being wrong or group think." 

Like what you like but bashing the majority for not liking what you like is silly. 

• Like 7
  • WOAH 1
  • Yawn 3

9 minutes ago, QCS said:

You posted a clearly unpopular opinion then acted like everyone else was wrong for not agreeing with you. Knowing that your opinion is in the minority and owning it is accepting that it's in the minority and not the "objectively correct" opinion.

For example:

Baltimore+Ravens+Purple+on+Gold+2015.jpg?format=750w

I love these jerseys and especially pants. Don't know why, most people hate them, but they've always worked for me.

I expressed an unpopular opinion that I hold, explained why, and acknowledged that I was in the minority. Give it a try, it's nice.

Okay, I thought it was implied that it was just my opinion.

Let me use your oh-so-insightful reasoning as to why I like them - Don't know why, most people hate them, but they've always worked for me.

Oh hell yeah this is nice.

Okay, when do I start hurling personal insults at strangers for wearing their football socks the "wrong" way? When can I start getting genuinely mad at people for wearing undershirts that aren't tucked in? I've seen how thick the skin gets around here, I just wanna ball with the big boys!

*The content of this post does not represent the views of the majority of people on this board

Edited by HopewellJones
Owning it
  • Yawn 3
  • Dislike 6

31 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Okay, I thought it was implied that it was just my opinion.

Let me use your oh-so-insightful reasoning as to why I like them - Don't know why, most people hate them, but they've always worked for me.

Oh hell yeah this is nice.

Okay, when do I start hurling personal insults at strangers for wearing their football socks the "wrong" way? When can I start getting genuinely mad at people for wearing undershirts that aren't tucked in? I've seen how thick the skin gets around here, I just wanna ball with the big boys!

*The content of this post does not represent the views of the majority of people on this board

Dog Gif GIF

• LOL 1
  • WOAH 2

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

Jesus man, no lmao. It means if you have an opinion about a uniform/logo and it’s unpopular, just accept that it’s unpopular. Don’t get all defensive that others do not share your opinion. 

For example: I happen to really like the Cowboys white uniforms, despite the mismatched blues, silvers and all. I think it’s a top 5 iconic look and I think the navy uniforms are vastly overrated. 

However, I know this is not an opinion shared by the majority so I don’t get defensive with others express that. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

19 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Jesus man, no lmao. It means if you have an opinion about a uniform/logo and it’s unpopular, just accept that it’s unpopular. Don’t get all defensive that others do not share your opinion. 

For example: I happen to really like the Cowboys white uniforms, despite the mismatched blues, silvers and all. I think it’s a top 5 iconic look and I think the navy uniforms are vastly overrated. 

However, I know this is not an opinion shared by the majority so I don’t get defensive with others express that. 

The entire point of my post was to point out that my opinion is unpopular. 

I'm sorry if I hurt any feelings? I don't see how explicitly saying HEY GUYS MY OPINION IS UNPOPULAR makes any sort of difference but hey.

Edited by HopewellJones
I own these opinions that I have expressed and they might be different than other people's opinions.
  • Like 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

Yeesh.

It means that one of the most tired tropes here is "guy who likes something most people don't and accuses everyone else of being wrong or group think." 

Like what you like but bashing the majority for not liking what you like is silly. 

Okay that doesn't really answer my question, but...

Sometimes I wonder if people let their idea of what a team's uniform "should" look interfere with a look that's objectively good.  I think the Lions black alt looked good. I think "BFBS," while certainly applicable in a lot of cases, gets way overused here. The reason I'm saying this at all, the reason I think it is of note, is that it is obviously an unpopular opinion around here.

I didn't think what I said was that offensive, I thought all the skin was thick around here. I'm so sorry to disrupt the natural order.

• Huh? 1

2 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Sometimes I wonder if people let their idea of what a team's uniform "should" look interfere with a look that's objectively good.  I think the Lions black alt looked good. I think "BFBS," while certainly applicable in a lot of cases, gets way overused here. The reason I'm saying this at all, the reason I think it is of note, is that it is obviously an unpopular opinion around here.

Thinking about what a uniform "should be" over its stand alone quality has definitely happened in the past and will again.  It's something to take into account and most folks on here do.  We could do a whole thread on past uniforms that were good on their own maybe but not for that team (arguably the 2000's Astros fall into that category).

9 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

I didn't think what I said was that offensive, I thought all the skin was thick around here. I'm so sorry to disrupt the natural order.

"Thick skin" is such an overused term on the internet. The mods on these boards do a good job and this is one of the nicer communities around which is a good thing.

• Like 3

The cheese looks so much better with the Cabernet.   They need cheese masks too. 

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

I can’t understand why they’re pushing the Cabernet W on a Cabernet hat. They should just mimic the helmet for the caps.

spacer.png

Wait. Does the decal have burgundy stripes separating the gold shapes, instead of just cutouts for the gold shapes arranged in the correct pattern? I'm sure the latter is more labor intensive, but it would also look much better close up than this. The texture of the burgundy "border" in the W is all wrong. 

10 minutes ago, keynote said:

Wait. Does the decal have burgundy stripes separating the gold shapes, instead of just cutouts for the gold shapes arranged in the correct pattern? I'm sure the latter is more labor intensive, but it would also look much better close up than this. The texture of the burgundy "border" in the W is all wrong. 

No, it’s clear portions of the decal, it has to be that way, the rams horns have the same thing, and even the broncos have it on the stripes of their helmet. Any time there are separate elements on a helmet they need the clear portions to keep the dimensions consistent 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1