Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

7 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

Among the many many problems of this identity, the roundel really clashes with the rest of this jersey because of the small amount of gold. The white really sticks out, and not in a good way. 

Could be worse like the entirety of the white jersey, the roundel is black and white. Not Cabernet or even Cabernet AND Velveeta

spacer.png

• Like 5

They really should have put the roman numerals instead of years, then the "season year" vs "bowl year" wouldn't have mattered.

I still don't think it's a good idea to have an official logo that references championships, as it could be a process to change it within an offseason (if that would even be allowed.)  Same with the Islanders sleeves.  I don't see either being an actual issue ever, but if they were a better team, it could be.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, I don't know how the majority of the fan base felt, but the few that I know really liked the Velveeta pants that they wore for a few seasons in the early 2010s.  I know they could only be worn with the cabernet jersey now, but it would still have been nice for them to at least have the option, vs the monochrome-only looks.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Also, I don't know how the majority of the fan base felt, but the few that I know really liked the Velveeta pants that they wore for a few seasons in the early 2010s.  I know they could only be worn with the cabernet jersey now, but it would still have been nice for them to at least have the option, vs the monochrome-only looks.

Not necessarily. They can still be worn with the white jersey. I won’t post the uniform I want them to take inspiration from as I’ve beaten it to death, but it’s still in the realm of possibility to do white/gold with burgundy socks velveeta with cabernet socks.

• Like 2

Personally, I think that using "Velveeta" as a description for their yellow is off the mark -- there's IMHO not enough orange in the new color, which makes this an insult to Kraft's fine (sort of) cheese product.

(Yes, for those who don't get it; I'm joking)

(Maybe...)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, jws008 said:

Personally, I think that using "Velveeta" as a description for their yellow is off the mark -- there's IMHO not enough orange in the new color, which makes this an insult to Kraft's fine (sort of) cheese product.

(Yes, for those who don't get it; I'm joking)

(Maybe...)

Standard Cheddar perhaps?

12 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

Among the many many problems of this identity, the roundel really clashes with the rest of this jersey because of the small amount of gold. The white really sticks out, and not in a good way. 

At that distance, it vaguely reminds me of this logo . . . 
spacer.png

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You can find it on your own, but Washington DT Jonathan Allen had a fun twitter experience that is more or less in line with continued self-owns from the Washington Football Commanders experience.

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

I still don't think it's a good idea to have an official logo that references championships, as it could be a process to change it within an offseason (if that would even be allowed.)  Same with the Islanders sleeves.  I don't see either being an actual issue ever, but if they were a better team, it could be.

The Isles can at least get away with the patch being a reference to the dynasty and not just counting their championships overall, so there's that.

I dunno what the hell Washington does if (god forbid) they actually manage to win something of importance while Dan owns the team.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

The Isles can at least get away with the patch being a reference to the dynasty and not just counting their championships overall, so there's that.

I dunno what the hell Washington does if (god forbid) they actually manage to win something of importance while Dan owns the team.

Washington could’ve at least done stars, footballs, dots, anything but the wrong dates.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

51qiQ2RZdkL.jpg

Appropriate in hue, but I feel like WFT taking ownership of Whiz is sacrilege, considering Philly is in their division. I'm not an Eagles fan (in fact, I hate them), but I don't want delicious Whiz being associated with that trash ass stadium in Maryland.

• Like 1