Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

100% upgrade.  The years are stupid, as is "Washington Football Commanders".  THEY DON'T COMMAND THE FOOTBALL!

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This whole identity is so left-to-right-top-to-bottom awful that I can't interpret it as anything but Dan Snyder's pure spite that the media/government/big-business machine took his childhood away. Everything that can be bad is bad.

Washington Commanders Logo Secondary Logo (2022-Pres) - The Washington Commanders second primary logo shows a gold W with angled serifs in the upper left of each letter and a burgundy stencil-like outline both within the interior of the W and on its outside. The Commanders, previously known as the Washington Football Team, began their life with their new name in time for the 2022 NFL season. SportsLogos.Net

This is the best aspect of it all and my reaction was still "more like Saul Ass"

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Can I be petty and complain about one more thing?  Looking at the new font side by side with the Bengals' new font is annoying.  Obviously they aren't the same, but there's enough similarities to make you wonder why they would put these on two separate uniforms designed less than one year apart.  Do you honestly believe they started from scratch each time?

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • WOAH 1

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Can I be petty and complain about one more thing?  Looking at the new font side by side with the Bengals' new font is annoying.  Obviously they aren't the same, but there's enough similarities to make you wonder why they would put these on two separate uniforms designed less than one year apart.  Do you honestly believe they started from scratch each time?

spacer.png

I noticed that, too. Even Washington’s wordmark is similar to a font the Bengals have been using on socials:

722T4hz.jpg
jBgC5do.jpg

(Notice the cuts in the C and the S).

• Like 2