Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

🤮

FNcJZSBXMAYx9dr?format=jpg&name=large

Those are actually psalms on his wrist, not plays.

• LOL 3
  • WOAH 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/23/2022 at 2:17 PM, Moseph said:

Here is a better look at how stupid the decals look on the side of the helmet. If they can't figure out a way to rid of the glossy burgundy portions of the decal then they should've stuck with the metallic helmet where you wouldn't even notice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/commanderkait/status/1495845919438295050/photo/2

This is unbelievably bad for an NFL team worth $4billion. Outrageous. Anyone amateur with a Cricut could do a better job than leaving those burgundy 'gaps' in there.

I think the Commanders name is fine, but the rest of this rebrand is almost unbelievably amateurish. Lots of bad ideas executed awfully.

• Like 8

In case you're wondering, here's the version they will use when/if the Commanders get into the playoffs:

spacer.png

Don't know why they don't use the Gold 'W' on Burgundy for this.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 1

41 minutes ago, TruColor said:

In case you're wondering, here's the version they will use when/if the Commanders get into the playoffs:

spacer.png

The number of statements that could start with "Don't know why ..." as it relates to this team and rebrand seems endless. 😂

• Like 19

1 hour ago, TruColor said:

spacer.png

Those 2-D logos are really jarring when used in conjunction with the 3-D playoff logo. The playoff logo ought to be 2-D.

• Like 5

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

The away jersey sucks so hard, good lord.

Yeah, it's really terrible. Might be the worst in the league unless you can tell me what else is. I hate this name, identity, and team.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, ssj_homeslice said:

all they had to do was make the away jersey a reciprocal of the home jersey and it would've been fine. but nope!

Fine might have been a stretch, but it would at least challenge the Cards for #31 set in the league.  As it stands they're #32 by a country mile.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I kinda like the new Commanders uniforms. Does that classify as an Unpopular Opinion?

If you look up "unpopular opinion" in the dictionary, it actually shows a picture of the Commanders uniforms and says "liking these".

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Rams get credit for at least looking good from the neck up, and realizing basically halfway into their first season with them that the bone duds were lousy. They added the yellow pants and then the fauxback white jersey, which pretty much became their road look, and likely will be cemented as such now that they've won a Super Bowl in it.

There is no reason to believe Danny Snyder will be inclined to tweak these atrocities into something marginally better. There is every reason to believe he'll trot out something even worse when he's allowed to five years from now.

• Like 12
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Rams get credit for at least looking good from the neck up, and realizing basically halfway into their first season with them that the bone duds were lousy. They added the yellow pants and then the fauxback white jersey, which pretty much became their road look, and likely will be cemented as such now that they've won a Super Bowl in it.

There is no reason to believe Danny Snyder will be inclined to tweak these atrocities into something marginally better. There is every reason to believe he'll trot out something even worse when he's allowed to five years from now.

Wasn’t this new Mandies set mainly influenced by Ron Rivera and Tanya Snyder?

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

usa_today_17443535.0.jpg

This uniform is automatically better than the Mandies' away uniform because it correctly involves both of the team's primary colors.  Washington's road uniform doesn't do that.

Seriously, we need to put the "worst uniform in the league" discussion to bed when it comes to the bone uniforms.  They were never worse than Arizona's and they're certainly not worse than Washington's now.

• Like 10

spacer.png