Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

On 3/11/2022 at 1:17 PM, TruColor said:

In case you're wondering, here's the version they will use when/if the Commanders get into the playoffs:

spacer.png

Don't know why they don't use the Gold 'W' on Burgundy for this.

I am amazed that the NFL still uses these team ones.  It just looks so bulky and out of place.

Also, are there any teams that have changed the team specific playoff logos?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

Despite needing new uniforms I am afraid of what NIKE would do to the Cardinals to make them even worse than they are now.  Kind of like what happened with the Falcons.

I think they would be pretty tame. Cardinals are the only NFL team left wearing a reebok design, I guess you could count the Texans and Maybe the 49ers and Bills but the Cardinals are the only team still in piping hell

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Crabcake said:

This uniform is automatically better than the Mandies' away uniform because it correctly involves both of the team's primary colors.  Washington's road uniform doesn't do that.

Seriously, we need to put the "worst uniform in the league" discussion to bed when it comes to the bone uniforms.  They were never worse than Arizona's and they're certainly not worse than Washington's now.

Yes, it involves the team's primary colours, but it also introduces a random new colour that isn't found anywhere else in their brand.  The numbers somehow look cheap and over-designed at the same time, and the decision to include white & bone in the same uniform is awful.

At least the Cardinals were restrained enough to keep a basic block font, and not try and throw in some trendy bs to appeal to hypebeasts.

16 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

Despite needing new uniforms I am afraid of what NIKE would do to the Cardinals to make them even worse than they are now.  Kind of like what happened with the Falcons.

Best case scenario would be something like the Vikings rebrand. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'm not surprised Nike designed those uniforms, but I am surprised the NFL approved them.

nfl properties has basically abdicated its oversight of the nfl uniform aesthetic to its supplier(s) ...all about designing for retail and following the college trends now.

And apparently he made the HOF. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ron Rivera looks thrilled to be posing next to an anthropomorphic hot dog.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

Ron Rivera looks thrilled to be posing next to an anthropomorphic hot dog.

"You know, I don't have to sit here and be insulted like this! I'm just gonna take as many suits as I can grab, get in that random hot dog car -- RANDOM! -- and drive back to Weiner Hall!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I really thought they were going to become the Redtails and push themselves as the Black Lives Matter team because that would have been the most cynical and morally bankrupt thing they could have done, which is usually what that organization does. I didn't think they'd become the Oakley Dudes in Trucks team, nor that that would somehow be worse.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 3/18/2022 at 10:49 PM, the admiral said:

I really thought they were going to become the Redtails and push themselves as the Black Lives Matter team because that would have been the most cynical and morally bankrupt thing they could have done, which is usually what that organization does. I didn't think they'd become the Oakley Dudes in Trucks team, nor that that would somehow be worse.

I'd think going for the Oakleys and Grunt Style alternate uniform is more morally bankrupt. Going with the Redtails would just be the ultimate in grand standing to get the heat off for that front office and I'm glad that didn't happen with this dumpster fire in the middle of a volcano of a franchise. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/18/2022 at 10:49 PM, the admiral said:

Except they cynically tried to pander to the Oakley/Truck dudes... only to make the Oakley/Truck dudes hate them because the only way those Oakley/Truck dudes weren't going to support anything that cynically panders to them is if it got rid of something racist in the process.

It's literally the most Daniel Snyder move ever.

• 3 weeks later...