Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

11 minutes ago, dont care said:

even the broncos have it on the stripes of their helmet

I could have sworn years ago we discovered (here on this forum) the Broncos stripe does not contain any clear portions in between each orange strip.  Not talking about retail versions of the stripe decal that can be ordered online for your local team's helmets. I mean the version that is used on the Denver Broncos' actual helmets. It's all one stripe with orange and blue portions.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

6 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I could have sworn years ago we discovered (here on this forum) the Broncos stripe does not contain any clear portions in between each orange strip.  Not talking about retail versions of the stripe decal that can be ordered online for your local team's helmets. I mean the version that is used on the Denver Broncos' actual helmets. It's all one stripe with orange and blue portions.

I remember this as well. I think you can see it on the front of the strip:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

38 minutes ago, dont care said:

No, it’s clear portions of the decal, it has to be that way, the rams horns have the same thing, and even the broncos have it on the stripes of their helmet. Any time there are separate elements on a helmet they need the clear portions to keep the dimensions consistent 

This is among the reasons why I dislike non glossy helmet finishes.  The decals are glossy but the helmet isn't and it looks wrong to me. 

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

It's where I sit.

38 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

After doing a quick google search, it appears they do both 1 single large decal for all three stripes, and 3 separate stripes depending on the helmet. If there are a bunch of ridges that can distort the stripes they use 1 single decal, and if the helmet is relatively smooth they use the 3 decals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I remember this as well. I think you can see it on the front of the strip:

spacer.png

I'll add that I remember this too. Talk about a mythbuster. And it is barely lighter on the navy portion of the decal which was interesting.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d be willing to accept Cabernet & Cheese as the official team color names if they renamed themselves the Washington Charcuteries

Washington Sharkateers, as one of my friends would joking refer to them as.

• Like 1

Long-time members of this board will remember the game we used to play - "Fun with Pantone Textile colors"...I would post the color descriptions of the official colors of a team, and you all would try to guess which franchise they belonged to.

These are the official PANTONE Textile values for the Commanders:

spacer.png  spacer.png

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • WOAH 2
  • Yawn 1

2 minutes ago, TruColor said:

Long-time members of this board will remember the game we used to play - "Fun with Pantone Textile colors"...I would post the color descriptions of the official colors of a team, and you all would try to guess which franchise they belonged to.

That was fun! I still have "Heliotrope" burned into my brain.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Literally no one was offended.

I was accused of bashing people for their opinions, by expressing my own. 

People felt bashed. Then I got accused of being sensitive. The whole “You got a lot to learn about this place, kid” macho man act around here is very cringe.  

• Like 2
  • Yawn 5

9 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

I was accused of bashing people for their opinions, by expressing my own. 

People felt bashed. Then I got accused of being sensitive. The whole “You got a lot to learn about this place, kid” macho man act around here is very cringe.  

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, TruColor said:

These are the official PANTONE Textile values for the Commanders:

spacer.png  spacer.png

I frequent your site a good amount, but I wasn't even aware that they had switched from 195C to 7421C back in 2016. I assumed they were still the same shade.

So I was right when I declared them "cabernet". Pantone - you sure the yellow isn't "cheese"?

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, BBTV said:

So I was right when I declared them "cabernet". Pantone - you sure the yellow isn't "cheese"?

I think the problem is "cheese" is too general.  Cabernet is very specific... maybe you should be equally specific with the name of the cheese...

spacer.png

• Like 2