NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:
Commanders are paying all $28M of Wentz’s contract this year 

They had $33M in cap space

Now only $5M

Washington gonna Washington

His salary cap hit won't be the full $28M. I'm not sure the exact number, but I believe his cap hit is somewhere around the $15M mark. 

jNTsTyQ.png

3 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Also the Commanders have Fitz and Allen on top of Wentz and Heinike....

Me reckons both will be cut.... Fitz will probably be a good stopgap for the Saints.

Fitzpatrick is a FA. He was only with Washington for 2021

Kyle Allen is a RFA, but I doubt they keep him around

1. Wentz

2. Heinicke

3. Rookie QB

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, heavybass said:

The Colts are probably gonna go get Jimmy G.... as boring as that will be.

I rather see them embrace CHAOS and try and get Jordan Love from the Packers.

So Colts fans.....how about some Minshew Mania?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Also the Commanders have Fitz and Allen on top of Wentz and Heinike....

Me reckons both will be cut.... Fitz will probably be a good stopgap for the Saints.

Fitz is a free agent, and no certainty he'll even play in 2022

39 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So Colts fans.....how about some Minshew Mania?

Not sure they're going to call up the Eagles after getting fleeced for a 1 and 3 for Wentz.

Not sure what's going to be worse - Ben Simmons return on Thursday (and now it's coming out that his agency is buying up all the tickets behind the Nets bench just to keep meanies away from him) or Wentz' return next fall.  Both are crybaby cowards that quit on their teams and their fans, and should be sterilized before they further pollute the human gene pool with their filthy dna.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wentz doesn’t move the needle in D.C. He failed with one of the better situations for a quarterback in this league: an excellent running game, a dominant O-Line, serviceable pass catchers, and a solid defense. He was about as insulated as he could be, and while he was pretty good at times, I think this past year pretty conclusively answered the question of whether we’ll ever see prime 2017 Carson Wentz again. He is what he is at this point, and his wild inconsistency and penchant for terrible decision-making is only going to be amplified in Washington. 

Also I wonder if Eagles fans are still calling for Howie Roseman’s head after the highway robbery he got away with last year. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

The 32's Super Bowl odds actually went down after the trade!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Huh? 1

6 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Wentz doesn’t move the needle in D.C. He failed with one of the better situations for a quarterback in this league: an excellent running game, a dominant O-Line, serviceable pass catchers, and a solid defense. He was about as insulated as he could be, and while he was pretty good at times, I think this past year pretty conclusively answered the question of whether we’ll ever see prime 2017 Carson Wentz again. He is what he is at this point, and his wild inconsistency and penchant for terrible decision-making is only going to be amplified in Washington. 

The Washington front office is awful. How does this give their fans hope?

On 3/8/2022 at 3:10 PM, BryanSmalls said:

I know it's a figure of speech, but what kind of hat just in case this does happen?

On 3/8/2022 at 3:17 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I have a handful of '47 brand Clean Up- style hats. Options include Hartford Whalers, Montreal Expos, LA Lakers, Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres.

You choose!

Nice to have a variety. Let's go with the Lakers hat.

• Dislike 1
  • Hate 1

Tomorrow is the day (probably) where we find out whether or not DeShaun Watson will spend the next decade in prison or the next decade with his new NFL team.  

I don't know the way the wind is blowing at this point.

Carolina seems to be interested though if all Watson has to deal with is an NFL suspension and both his legal and civil issues are resolved:

• Like 1

Watson will not serve a decade in prison. That’s not even a realistic scenario. Stop it. 

• Like 1