NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

The AFC West skyrocketed from one of the worst to one of the best divisions in the league. They might be the first to send all 4 (remember when we thought the NFC West would until Russ got hurt?)

3 hours ago, Crabcake said:

I don’t care who you are, $230m fully guaranteed is insane. One injury or one more off the field incident and Cleveland is screwed for the foreseeable future. 

Jimmy & Dee Haslem are about to get $11 billion dollars from Berkshire Hathaway for their Pilot/Flying J Truck Stops. I don't think they're sweating $230 million fully guaranteed. 

• WOAH 1

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

15 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

This is very sad. John Clayton was one of the faces of ESPN football at the height of my fandom. It's weird but I was thinking about him a few days ago.

So sad. That John Clayton SportsCenter spot was one of the funniest commercials ever.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Now that the Falcons publicly tried (and failed) to ditch Matt Ryan, what do they do now? Are they going to play with a QB who’s probably mad that they tried to get rid of him after years of good play and no complaints?

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Now that the Falcons publicly tried (and failed) to ditch Matt Ryan, what do they do now? Are they going to play with a QB who’s probably mad that they tried to get rid of him after years of good play and no complaints?

Jimmy G, Baker Mayfield and (probably) Gardner Minshew, (maybe) Matt Ryan and (maybe) Jordan Love can be had in trades.  Seattle, New Orleans, Indy and Carolina need QBs.  Atlanta might join them if they trade Ryan.  Detroit and New York Giants are maybes but they seem like they want to give their current QB's a chance.  There's also Marcus Mariota, Jamies Winston, Ryan Fitzpatrick (if he doesn't decide to retire), Jacoby Brissett and Andy Dalton.  Also teams needing backups like the Bills, Jaguars (maybe), 49ers (if they trade Jimmy G), Raiders (Garrett Gilbert is a camp body at best), Bucs and Rams.  Plus the draft class isn't all that strong.

• Like 1

I don't know the contract and cap situations, but all things being equal, if you're Tennessee, do you try to upgrade from Tannehill, and are any of those names an upgrade?  I don't really like any of them (even Ryan), but despite having improved since his early days with the Dolphins, isn't Tannehill barely more than just "a guy"?

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I don't know the contract and cap situations, but all things being equal, if you're Tennessee, do you try to upgrade from Tannehill, and are any of those names an upgrade?  I don't really like any of them (even Ryan), but despite having improved since his early days with the Dolphins, isn't Tannehill barely more than just "a guy"?

Maybe Winston.  Mariota was replaced by Tannehill so they won't bring him back.    Fitzpatrick played for them in 2013 and wasn't great.

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You can remove Brissett from that list:

After trading Case Keenum:

So now the QB market is down to Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Ryan Fitzpatrick (who might retire instead) and Andy Dalton.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So now the QB market is down to Jameis Winston, Baker Mayfield, Matt Ryan

Fixed -- QBs who could actually make in impact in the year 2022

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

There just aren't many QB's out there that would be considered an "upgrade" over Tannehill right now. 

With a good team, he's decent enough to make the playoffs. But he's shown he's not someone you can rely on when it matters. 

He's "good enough", but "good enough" rarely gets your team to the Super Bowl.   

Baker & Ryan maybe. But the asking price would probably be way too high for them. 

23 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The AFC West skyrocketed from one of the worst to one of the best divisions in the league. They might be the first to send all 4 (remember when we thought the NFC West would until Russ got hurt?)

Don't worry, Deano and his sons will screw it up.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Fixed -- QBs who could actually make in impact in the year 2022

Touche.

There are people who want Gardner Minshew to be a starter somewhere in the league.  I sense the future of Minshew will be that he'll replace Ryan Fitzpatrick as "guy NFL teams bring in as a short term solution but not as the guy so he'll end up playing for 15 years with 8-10 teams" except that he's a lot more consistent than Fitzpatrick. Makes me wonder how many teams right now think that Minshew would be an upgrade over what they currently have.  Would Minshew be an upgrade over Tua, Trubisky, Wentz, Goff, Darnold, (Daniel) Jones?  Would he be an upgrade over Tannehill in Tennessee?  He's entering the final year of his rookie contract, so if he does play at all in 2022 and plays well in 2022, I wonder how much interest there would be for him in the open market.

• Like 1