NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I think the current Lions uniforms would be pretty much perfect if they dropped the anthracite gray: that would mean a white outline on the home numbers, a lighter silver outline on the aways, and going with the lighter silver for the alternate (which I’d like to see with the blue pants). I’m curious what they’d change if they don’t go strict throwback.

As for the Eagles, this is probably a hot take but I’d prefer them to just stick with the midnight green. The Jets can have kelly green, in my opinion. I’d still do a redesign for the Eagles to drop the black, but I honestly think the midnight green is a cool & unique color. Paired with just silver, I think it could look really nice.

I always thought the Eagles would be a good candidate to try a double green scheme with silver as the other color, and drop the black.

• Like 5

is that real?  Source?

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In the full interview Lurie discusses that part of the delay is Nike doesn’t have the color for the materials used for this on hand, need to make it. Should be fairly straightforward, not nearly the task that was recreating midnight green was. And when they do come it’ll be as close to the Cunningham/ Buddy Ryan look – Kelly green helmet and jersey, Silver pants, and double bands of Kelly on a white sock.

He also stated that the Black might be a one year thing, official word that it is a 2 shell rule essentially now. But that he’s going to push the league to go to 3 so they can keep it in 2023 and beyond.

If the league says no the Eagles would probably go back to midnight green helmets for the all-blacks for that year. But potentially could see them redesigning it to the throwback template.

24 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He also stated that the Black might be a one year thing, official word that it is a 2 shell rule essentially now. But that he’s going to push the league to go to 3 so they can keep it in 2023 and beyond.

If the league says no the Eagles would probably go back to midnight green helmets for the all-blacks for that year. But potentially could see them redesigning it to the throwback template.

No thank you.

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

I always thought the Eagles would be a good candidate to try a double green scheme with silver as the other color, and drop the black.

They almost did exactly that, if this designer’s website is to be believed: https://scottfaries.net/Philadelphia-Eagles-Rebrand

ZLHcvhn.jpg

Personally I think it’s legit, the website has info on the Jags’ and Dolphins’ 2013 redesigns as well. If push came to shove I’d probably prefer this over their current uniforms, although the helmet is a major downgrade. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

In the full interview Lurie discusses that part of the delay is Nike doesn’t have the color for the materials used for this on hand, need to make it. Should be fairly straightforward, not nearly the task that was recreating midnight green was. And when they do come it’ll be as close to the Cunningham/ Buddy Ryan look – Kelly green helmet and jersey, Silver pants, and double bands of Kelly on a white sock.

If you lived through the eagles kelly green era of the 80's and 90's you would know this reasoning does not hold water. Their kelly green was basically an off the rack russell athletic stock green that matches extremely closely with current jets green, alternatively nobody if nike's stock green was used and it was not 100% accurate, nobody would be able to tell. You could easily do a cunningham era or other simpler throwback by ordering some stock green jersey and throw some numbers on them. If you wanted to get crazy you could even screen some  birds carrying football on them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Hey he’s one of the main reasons we are getting throwbacks back anyway, can be too hated by this community haha.

By my math the owner of the team had the last 20 years to go back to the old uniforms. Lobbying a decade for multiple helmets to bring back uniforms was a terrible tactic for him to get what he wanted when he had the power to change any time he wanted.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, guest23 said:

By my math the owner of the team had the last 20 years to go back to the old uniforms. Lobbying a decade for multiple helmets to bring back uniforms was a terrible tactic for him to get what he wanted when he had the power to change any time he wanted.

Being able to do both again though is the point. Not necessarily for the Eagles, but for all teams. A lot of looks get to come back now, a lot of looks this community holds as the peak designs teams have had.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, guest23 said:

If you lived through the eagles kelly green era of the 80's and 90's you would know this reasoning does not hold water. Their kelly green was basically an off the rack russell athletic stock green that matches extremely closely with current jets green, alternatively nobody if nike's stock green was used and it was not 100% accurate, nobody would be able to tell. You could easily do a cunningham era or other simpler throwback by ordering some stock green jersey and throw some numbers on them. If you wanted to get crazy you could even screen some  birds carrying football on them.

Yeah it did seem a little odd. They make enough close to it. Only thing I could think is they just didn’t have the surplus of those fabrics in that color on hand to make sure they were ready on top of all the other stuff they’re doing. But really just seems like a we didn’t rush it / get it in on time thing.

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

In the full interview Lurie discusses that part of the delay is Nike doesn’t have the color for the materials used for this on hand, need to make it.

More BS.  We KNEW that 2023 would be the earliest for them.  They even said so themselves in the stories when the helmet rule was changed!  Now these teams want to blame "supply chain", and "green is too hard to make", and I'm just waiting before one of these teams finds a way to blame Obama for the delay.

They're not going back to kelly green.  They've been consistent in saying it's just something they wanted to test out for a couple of seasons before even thinking about contemplating a full-fledged change back.

I'm personally not looking forward to it because I don't think the uniforms will look anything like the OGs given the current Nike fabrics.  I grew up in the Cunningham, Reggie White, Seth Joyner, Eric Allen, etc. era, so these are "my" uniforms, but they were of a certain era and we're way past that now.  The brighter green from the 2010 throwback game would look great in the new materials (but I'm also one of the minority of us that prefers the dazzle / mesh combo.)

7E7U5GAHFVG4NGZZC7G3OSPCRE.jpg

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Being able to do both again though is the point. Not necessarily for the Eagles, but for all teams. A lot of looks get to come back now, a lot of looks this community holds as the peak designs teams have had.

And if those throwbacks are their peak designs, they should just go back to them full time and stop wearing whatever crappy look they're dragging out now.

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1

16 hours ago, Jamesizzo said:

Black lids will suck something horrible.,  

13 hours ago, EJ_Barlik said:

Anybody wanna do a mockup of how bad the Eagles BLACK alternate helmets gonna look?

Mockup posted literally same time as I asked the Q.   Ouch.....

--------------

Anybody see this news?  Kansas Chiefs?  in 2031?

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/3/29/23001804/chiefs-say-they-get-stadium-inquiries-from-state-of-kansas 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png