NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

45 minutes ago, willforgetmylogin said:

The NFL is allowing for a quick turnover because

1. Its been five years

2. Since the switch to orange the march has been nearly 50/50 in sales orange and blue

3. The uniform they are switching to is already in the style guide so there is no issue with manufacturing or merchandising at retail locations.

Dude when they switched to orange jerseys full time, the orange jersey was already in the style guide and the team still needed more than one year (almost two years) lead time. 

Next you're going to tell me Jeff Bezos has already bought the Broncos but is just waiting for the right time to announce it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, willforgetmylogin said:

Broncos are moving to monochrome blue full time this season. Don't ask how I know, I won't tell you. Orange color rush remains and orange alts as well. They are getting a throwback next year. The move was spearheaded by Russell Wilson. 

If you don't believe me just look what color pants the team is wearing in practice.

I'll probably be banned for posting without proof so when the official announcement comes down I'll see you on the other side.

Listen TheSoundOfThrowingPennies, do you have nothing better to do then come here every other NFL off-season and spread a bunch of fake "leaks"? 

Still waiting on your claims about the Broncos going to orange and grey and that chrome Cowboys helmet! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This is wrong on all kinds of levels given Washington's intense disgust of Kings and his outright refusal to become something of a military dictator post Revolution.

Do you say this aloud every time you look at a $1 bill?

• Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, willforgetmylogin said:

They are getting a throwback next year. The move was spearheaded by Russell Wilson. 

So Russell Wilson is spearheading the change to all navy on just a few months notice but ALSO he's getting them to go to throwbacks next year? 

The switch from orange to navy as the primary can't be done on a dime like that...and they certainly can't just do throwbacks next year on a whim because their new QB thought it would be neat. 

• Like 4

Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

On the rare occasion I actually see cash (who has since 2020), Mr. Washington isn't marked as a King.

Somehow I think the legacy of President Washington will survive a mock-up of a playing card. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

34 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Of course. It's just weird.

I get it to a degree...but also the King designation is kind of its own thing with playing cards, you know? It doesn't mean anything beyond "this is the card worth the most." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

Listen TheSoundOfThrowingPennies, do you have nothing better to do then come here every other NFL off-season and spread a bunch of fake "leaks"? 

Still waiting on your claims about the Broncos going to orange and grey and that chrome Cowboys helmet! 

The cowboys chrome has been by far my all time favorite  BS leak that was dropped in the history of these boards. Just the sheer audacity of the whopper of a  claim and the vigorous defence of it was admirable and entertaining. Well it was not all for naught and it was definitely a premonition of the cowboys doing such drastic and trendy things in the coming years like adopting an old alternate uniform from '94 as their color rush and adjusting the hue of their primary pants to be more blue and less green.

There needs to be a perma pinned thread of all time greatest (ie preposterous) uniform leaks for the long time readers to wax nostalgic on during the slow news cycles.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

41 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Somehow I think the legacy of President Washington will survive a mock-up of a playing card. 

revolutionary war chess pieces Online Shopping for Women, Men, Kids Fashion  & Lifestyle|Free Delivery & Returns! -

Especially when chess sets are sold with him as  . . . the King.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, guest23 said:

There needs to be a perma pinned thread of all time greatest (ie preposterous) uniform leaks for the long time readers to wax nostalgic on during the slow news cycles.

Teal insisting there was no news of the Bucs changing only for them to change was certainly a top one. If only because of how defensive Teal got about his "credentials." 

Another good one was a guy (may have BradyIsMyHomeboy) who claimed Nike was seeding concepts on these very boards to gauge reactions to certain design elements. 

And he posted a specific Seahawks concept as "proof." Only for the concept artist to laugh him outta here. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Obligatory:

I'm going to be an annoying history teacher and go "you can elect kings. It was very common in the medieval period. And happened as late as the late 19th century when the present Belgian and Norwegian monarchies were established via elections and referendums." 

I'm truly sorry I ruined the joke but I hope this was at least educational 🫠

• Like 1
  • WOAH 2

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

I'm going to be an annoying history teacher and go "you can elect kings. It was very common in the medieval period. And happened as late as the late 19th century when the present Belgian and Norwegian monarchies were established via elections and referendums." 

As a 37-year old named Dennis, how dare you.

• LOL 3

VmWIn6B.png

I literally forgot about Teal until now, holy crap my brain just unloaded all of that memory back out of the recycle bin and I am sitting here howling on the inside. 

As a former journalist, there's a phenomenon in the "reporting" world that also applies to rumors/leaks in other arenas: when people announce they "know something" but don't say it (i.e. "stay tuned," "don't ask how I know," "wait and see") it's almost always B.S. 

Credible people don't dangle nuggets for attention.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

And dont forget about the current pope. not a named king, but still an elected monarch

• Like 5

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske