NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

10 minutes ago, NH4 said:

The black helmet is fine, the stripe is terrible, but pairing it with the all white uniform is the worst move they could have done. 

Just about what I was going to say. I think black looks fine with the Saints, the helmet looks alright. What does confuse me is 1, the uber-modern style while the team is *mostly fairly traditional/basic  with their uniform design, and 2, the fact they paired it with the throwback-inspired Color Rush uniforms. I suppose its better than mismatching shades of gold, but they should have gone with a more traditional design, perhaps even with a simple old gold stripe instead of the fleur-de-lis pattern. On its own though, I've seen much worse. If the Saints changed to more modern uniforms, I wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as they kept a gold helmet around too.

• Like 6

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

New Orleans has no idea how they should look. Their slow chipping away of all the traditional striping paired with the continued insistence on monochrome looks is so wrong for them. A black Saints helmet with proper striping could look really cool, it's a shame this is what they're going with.

• Like 13

spacer.png

I could’ve swallowed the Saints helmet a bit easier if it had white/gold/white traditional stripes, but that Seahawks wannabe thing they’re going with down the middle is awful. I don’t have many words for that.

• Like 9

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

47 minutes ago, NH4 said:

The black helmet is fine, the stripe is terrible, but pairing it with the all white uniform is the worst move they could have done. 

I was personally hoping for a white alternate helmet...but alas.

41 minutes ago, schultzcore said:

Teams can pair the second helmet with alternate, throwback or Color Rush uniforms, so long as they follow all league policies on ensuring that all alternate helmets are properly fitted, and that all players are provided with sufficient opportunity to wear the alternate helmets in practice prior to wearing them in a game.

Well there you go. Kill the speculation; there's the confirmation. Welcome to the new day of the NFL, boys & girls. By the way, we also now know how/why WSH will get to pair their black helmets with their white jerseys and whatever pants they choose to wear with.

While we're on this...who wants to take the over/under on how many other teams will be debuting a black alternate helmet?? We're already at two; I'm almost positive the Jets will make three. If the Cardinals do it, that'll make four. Who'll be next...Carolina, maybe? And that'd be five. Shoot...Philadelphia might make six. 

I'm setting the line at 7...place all bets below.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yikes…Is it safe to say the dam has officially been broken?

That Saints helmet is offensive. I shudder to imagine the absolute garbage we are going to see as these teams are not protected from themselves anymore.

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

I never wanted the NFL to abandon its one-helmet rule because Nike has made such a mess of college football that I didn't want to see replicated in the pros.

Well, right out of the gate, they're blowing it.

I'd be okay with retro helmets, but re-imaginings? Please no.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 2/4/2022 at 3:47 PM, BigDmo said:

Not sure if posted, but the nine teams that will have alternate helmets in 2022 are:

Arizona

Carolina

Chicago

Cincinnati

Houston

New Orleans

New York Jets

Philadelphia

Washington

You didn't hear it from me 🤫

EDIT:

spacer.png

Just gonna bump this now that the Saints released their alt

• Like 1

I was really hoping for a proper old gold helmet for the Saints to pair with their (admittedly fairly nice) Color Rush alts. This is gross. I am terrified to see what the Panthers come up with as I have zero faith in them. Media day seems to have been done with black pants and socks this year as opposed to the usual white pants and blue socks and I am very worried to see what monstrosities the team will get whenever Tepper does his ego-fueled overhaul.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

56 minutes ago, schultzcore said:

The Saints’ alternate helmets will be black and feature the fleur-de-lis logo in gold, a reversal of the team’s usual helmet color scheme. The Saints said they will wear the helmets for at least one game, and possibly multiple games, but they have not said which games.

Teams can pair the second helmet with alternate, throwback or Color Rush uniforms, so long as they follow all league policies on ensuring that all alternate helmets are properly fitted, and that all players are provided with sufficient opportunity to wear the alternate helmets in practice prior to wearing them in a game.

I actually like the helmet, but I'd prefer they be worn with the all black regular home uniform or white jerseys with black pants. They shouldn't wear a black helmet with the throwbacks unless they add the preseason helmet striping.

Arrival of Saints heralded 'sea change' for city of New Orleans in 1960s |  Saints | nola.com

• Like 8

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, Dekabreak said:

This is… okay? It’s not the greatest, but I think it’s a least only slightly better than it’s predecessor. They could’ve done a lot better. I’m curious to see it on the jerseys. With the non-matching number font, it’ll theoretically be an aesthetic mess.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

7 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

What are those E's? That's a huge downgrade. 

There's hidden feather in the Es to match the hidden E in the feathers.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags