NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

The black helmet is fine, the stripe is terrible, but pairing it with the all white uniform is the worst move they could have done. 

As far as the pairing they may not have had a choice. This might be further proof that the alternate helmet has to be paired with an alternate jersey and not either of the primary options.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

There's hidden feather in the Es to match the hidden E in the feathers.

I'm thinking more like those notches in the stem of the Es evoke more of a beak. 

I think I can see what they were going for...but for as simple and scaled down as this is, it also loses some of the "soul" of the now-previous mark. Perhaps if the letter forms were taller instead of being so wide, it might fit better with the rest of the visual identity...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Saints have arguably the best Color Rush look in the league, and they somehow find a way to ruin it? I just can't wrap my head around why the league is allowing and encouraging this watering down of brands. yeah, it's just a game (or almost definitely two) but why is this necessary? Such a slippery slope, and while they at least are avoiding all black or all white, most teams will likely not take this approach.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Dekabreak said:

Was coming to post this, previous one has been in place more or less since 96.

New one will definitely fit better for stuff like the end zone, banners, social. Last one wasn’t perfect but fit with the whole look, curious if more changes are coming soon. It’s fine, not an upgrade or giant downgrade. Without the notches I think it’s kinda a nice subtle modern take.

As much as I’d like to see them refresh their look, if the plan is to have the numbers all have a notch out of them like the E’s…I’m good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Just about what I was going to say. I think black looks fine with the Saints, the helmet looks alright. What does confuse me is 1, the uber-modern style while the team is *mostly fairly traditional/basic  with their uniform design, and 2, the fact they paired it with the throwback-inspired Color Rush uniforms. I suppose its better than mismatching shades of gold, but they should have gone with a more traditional design, perhaps even with a simple old gold stripe instead of the fleur-de-lis pattern. On its own though, I've seen much worse. If the Saints changed to more modern uniforms, I wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as they kept a gold helmet around too.

It still looks like the helmet decals and "stripe" use the lighter gold, which will continue to mismatch with the dark gold of the jersey/pants. Maybe I'm wrong. 

But yeah...this helmet doesn't pair well with the throwback look. 

That new Eagles wordmark is hideous. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

44 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

New one will definitely fit better for stuff like the end zone, banners, social. Last one wasn’t perfect but fit with the whole look, curious if more changes are coming soon. It’s fine, not an upgrade or giant downgrade. Without the notches I think it’s kinda a nice subtle modern take.

As much as I’d like to see them refresh their look, if the plan is to have the numbers all have a notch out of them like the E’s…I’m good.

I don't know how much of a popular/unpopular opinion this is but...I'm of the mind that the Eagles have a near-classic look on their hands now.

I do think they could stand to trim a few things out, namely the charcoal (either replace it with silver or 86 it completely); I can take or leave the black dropshadows on their numbers, but they may do well to go to a single heavy-weight stroke. I think their current pant-stripe is cool, sans the charcoal (as stated previously), even if they did kinda deebo the style from their division rivals two hours and change down south.

All that said...I really like their current numbers/NOB font. They could probably do something about that flag on the 1 (trim it down so it doesn't look so big), but the rest of it has a sort of neo-Didone feel to it, which I feel really fits in with the history and prestige of Philadelphia as a whole. I'd hate to see that fall by the wayside in place of, if the direction of this new wordmark is any indication, something more like what the Detroit Lions currently have going on.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Come back after a day and see the eagles have unnecessarily over simplified a word mark and the saints ruined their alternate look (probably due to nfl technicalities). The saints literally can have their normal helmet, a white version (with black,  gold or white mask), or a black version (black or gold mask) and pair it with any uniform combo…except that one.

KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The previous 3 Eagles wordmarks were all unique looking compared to the rest of the league (60s to 90s, first mid 90s one then the one they used the past 20+ years). This one is so boring and safe,

Because it perfectly fits the current style. You’ll be repeating this same statement about how the new logo perfectly fit the 2020’s 20 years from now when they change it again.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I personally don’t mind the new wordmark at all, but I just wish they would’ve just held onto it until it was time for a full redesign of everything. It’s gonna stick out like a sore thumb considering how modern it is compared to the uniforms and the logo itself. 

• Like 3

Saints black helmet could work but the patterned stripe is horrible and matches nothing. It’s also horrible that it’s paired with the Color Rush, which is one of the best in the league.

Eagles wordmark feels very generic. I wonder if this foreshadows a bigger overhaul. I’d like them to lean more into the midnight green and charcoal. Eliminate the black.

Just checking in to say two things; 

First, I hate that Saints helmet. Hate it in general just on principle, but hate that gimmicky and minor league pattern stripe especially.  

And second, to everyone who’s been bitching for the last decade or so about the “ridiculous one helmet rule”…

Toldja so. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1