NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

16 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Where would you fit TV number on the Bengals jerseys without looking shrunken like Carolina?

221021092111-christian-mccaffrey-spt-int

Look at the size of those TV numbers. They're smaller than the Captain's C. I don't know how anyone can look at that and think those humorously tiny numbers are A. a necessity for player identification and B. look better than just leaving it empty. 

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Look at the size of those TV numbers. They're smaller than the Captain's C. I don't know how anyone can look at that and think those humorously tiny numbers are A. a necessity for player identification and B. look better than just leaving it empty. 

spacer.png

You've just made the perfect Panthers uniform. (Maybe shrink the collar, but you get the point.) This is all it needs. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

You've just made the perfect Panthers uniform. (Maybe shrink the collar, but you get the point.) This is all it needs. 

The Panthers have fallen into what I call Template Hell where the uniform has been shaped and poked and tweaked to fit into a template it wasn't designed for and that's why the pants stripe is now cut off at the bottom of the pants hem and doesn't come to a tapered point like the Good Dude intended.

usa_today_16636316.jpg

They're also their own worst enemy for combination fatigue. I don't think the white pants are necessary ever, but if you must wear them then please only wear them with the white jerseys. Knock it off with the white pants with the the black and blue jerseys. It makes the silver helmet look out of place and is an inferior look to the silver pants. Their best look is the black jersey with the silver pants and they almost never wear it anymore. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Texans and pre-2020 Patriots templates would work very well for a lot of teams that are struggling with shoulder hoops.  They're actually very versatile templates that can be manipulated to produce all kinds of good looks.  I think it'd work fine for the Panthers (though really all they need to do is drop shoulder numbers IMO) and maybe even a team like the Colts (just keep the center part the same color as the jersey, and use the outer trim to produce the 'hoop' effect.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Sport said:

The Panthers have fallen into what I call Template Hell... and that's why the pants stripe is now cut off at the bottom of the pants hem and doesn't come to a tapered point like the Good Dude intended.

Their best look is the black jersey with the silver pants and they almost never wear it anymore. 

louder for the folks in the back

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Why do gray facemasks look so impossibly good on orange helmets?  It just says "football."

spacer.png

Bottom right is Jim Brown at Syracuse, and that's actually a clear plexiglass mask he's wearing in that picture.

kFXaotz.jpg

DDOLD2Q.jpg

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Why do gray facemasks look so impossibly good on orange helmets?  It just says "football."

spacer.png

Gray and orange is a wonder autumnal color combo, which, when mixed with brown, is just the perfect combination for a fall sport.  I'm certainly not a "gray facemasks or die" guy by any stretch, but the Browns looked a lot better with the gray than the current brown or even the old white.  

Honestly I'd like to see them incorporate gray into their uniforms in a very small way, be it in the striping or somehow else.  Maybe even gray pants.   I get that this latest redesign was a "reset", but if they ever tinker again, adding gray could look really good.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Gray and orange is a wonder autumnal color combo, which, when mixed with brown, is just the perfect combination for a fall sport.  I'm certainly not a "gray facemasks or die" guy by any stretch, but the Browns looked a lot better with the gray than the current brown or even the old white.  

Honestly I'd like to see them incorporate gray into their uniforms in a very small way, be it in the striping or somehow else.  Maybe even gray pants.   I get that this latest redesign was a "reset", but if they ever tinker again, adding gray could look really good.

Agreed. Would love to see them do what the Patriots did with silver/grey in the new set. Simple number outline and pants option.

On 10/28/2022 at 12:11 PM, BBTV said:

The Texans and pre-2020 Patriots templates would work very well for a lot of teams that are struggling with shoulder hoops.  They're actually very versatile templates that can be manipulated to produce all kinds of good looks.  I think it'd work fine for the Panthers (though really all they need to do is drop shoulder numbers IMO) and maybe even a team like the Colts (just keep the center part the same color as the jersey, and use the outer trim to produce the 'hoop' effect.

I always thought that if the Panthers reduced the middle stripe area that would be the simple solution. Or just add the inserts the Chargers used to use on their jerseys. It's more space than the Colts stripes and can allow for a sublimation pattern.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/27/2022 at 7:26 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

How about something like this? Tapers the stripe, drops the logo but makes room for the TV numbers and the maker's mark.

cw8YfCE.png

something like this would be perfect and fit in with the helmet and pant stripes much better. spacer.png

it would look even better imo with the numbers moved down like USC but i think the nike logo prevents this

• Like 7
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, riccirulesall said:

something like this would be perfect and fit in with the helmet and pant stripes much better. spacer.png

it would look even better imo with the numbers moved down like USC but i think the nike logo prevents this

This begs the question, would the NFL be better served with the swoosh on the jersey front as opposed to the sleeve?

Maybe it gives the sleeve another half to full inch of space to work with?

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, riccirulesall said:

Not to spoil my endeavors way ahead of schedule, but this was pretty much exactly my idea for the Panthers:

1gHS9pF.png

Numbers could probably fit under the Swoosh, but I decided against it for a more minimalistic look similar to the Chargers.

(I love the idea of a black-out for the Panthers. It just makes sense.)

• Like 12
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/29/2022 at 8:34 PM, MJD7 said:

Not to spoil my endeavors way ahead of schedule, but this was pretty much exactly my idea for the Panthers:

1gHS9pF.png

Numbers could probably fit under the Swoosh, but I decided against it for a more minimalistic look similar to the Chargers.

(I love the idea of a black-out for the Panthers. It just makes sense.)

One of the nicer concepts I've seen, but the Black helmet and dismissal of Silver is a no-go for me.  Silver is really important in this combo, otherwise they're just the Falcons, re-colored.  

The Black helmet looks horrible in real life, in my opinion.  The Silver base color, with the Black & Panther Blue  with White accents all work seamlessly together for a great pop with balance.  Removing the Silver reduces a layer of contrast that makes the design very flat.

Also, their best look, as someone recently pointed out, is Silver Helmet/Black Jersey/Silver Pants.  The Black helmet over White Jersey/White Pants or the disgusting White Jersey/Black Pants combo would be horrific, and too close to what the Jaguars already try to pull off.

Silver must stay.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Volt said:

One of the nicer concepts I've seen, but the Black helmet and dismissal of Silver is a no-go for me.  Silver is really important in this combo, otherwise they're just the Falcons, re-colored.  

The Black helmet looks horrible in real life, in my opinion.  The Silver base color, with the Black & Panther Blue  with White accents all work seamlessly together for a great pop with balance.  Removing the Silver reduces a layer of contrast that makes the design very flat.

Also, their best look, some someone recently pointed out, is Silver Helmet/Black Jersey/Silver Pants.  The Black helmet over White Jersey/White Pants or the disgusting White Jersey/Black Pants combo would be horrific, and too close to what the Jaguars already try to pull over.

Silver must stay.

I've never been a fan of silver for the Panthers, as I've felt it makes them too similar to the Lions or Raiders, depending on whether they decide to emphasize blue or black, respectively.

I'd rather them be the Falcons with blue than have a nearly identical color scheme to two different teams, personally, but I understand your opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I've never been a fan of silver for the Panthers, as I've felt it makes them too similar to the Lions or Raiders, depending on whether they decide to emphasize blue or black, respectively.

I'd rather them be the Falcons with blue than have a nearly identical color scheme to two different teams, personally, but I understand your opinion.

I can somewhat understand your position, except that the Raiders are just Black & Silver and the Lions have, historically outside of the Megatron years, not featured Black.  You're comparing 2-color team schemes to a 3-color team scheme.

The Falcons are also at their best when they have Silver working under their Black & Red; without it, again, the scheme falls flats, with only 2 layers of contrast instead of 3.   The Silver in these designs simply give the scheme more contrast, which gives it more depth & weight.  You have the darkest tone (Black), and middle greytone (Silver) and the pop of bright color (Red for Falcons or Blue for Carolina).  Without that mid-tone, the two extremes compete with each other, rather than have separation.

Not sure if that makes sense.   This is my art side of my brain speaking.  Might've never used that 6-figure college degree for what it was intended for, but I do feel I've got a grasp on color (as I should...had to take Color Theory twice).  It's also 11:43pm and I'm hopped up on Halloween candy.

• Like 8