2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

"Unlike in the original Fisherman pieces, the 2022-23 Reverse Retro will not contain the Lighthouse shoulder patches, with no shoulder patches at all."

You nitwits got rid of the best part!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

They knew Montreal fan outrage was incomming.

Had they unveiled jersey ads on a regular day when nothing was going on, it would have got hectic on social media.

It's disgusting. What a bunch of cowards. "Smart" isn't the word I have in mind

This is a new low. Like we even need ads. Geoff Molson is a piece of 💩

• Like 1

8 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Imagine the Yankees with a big ugly red Papa John's patch slapped on the front of the most sacred baseball uniform of all-time. 🤢🤮

I can imagine the Yankees with a big ugly swoosh patch slapped on the front of the most sacred baseball uniform of all-time.  It's not really any different.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So, this is an unexpected take.

My wife used to be a Habs fan, but became a Ducks fan after meeting and marrying me, but still considers them her second favorite, especially because her father is still a huge fan.

She does not share a passion for jerseys like I do. She has two. I have over sixty. But she approves and supports my passion.

However, she wants a Habs jersey now. And its entirely because she is an employee of RBC!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Hurl 2

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I can imagine the Yankees with a big ugly swoosh patch slapped on the front of the most sacred baseball uniform of all-time.  It's not really any different.

You can’t compare a manufacturer’s logo with an ad. That’s like saying Mercedes using their logo as a hood ornament is the same as a realtor slapping their face on the side of their car. 

• Like 8
  • Yawn 1

2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

You can’t compare a manufacturer’s logo with an ad. That’s like saying Mercedes using their logo as a hood ornament is the same as a realtor slapping their face on the side of their car. 

What team does the car represent in that scenario if the manufacturer is secondary? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Nike swoosh is small symbol all in one color that I can compare to vintage hockey jerseys that had the CCM manufacturing brand stamp on the uniform.

forsberg_2a__16230.1611779131.jpg?c=2

---

RBC slapped a large light blue and yellow patch from an outside company onto a red, royal blue, and white jersey. The Yankees are still monotone. The Habs now have 5 colors.

canadien-montreal-93870.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Nike swoosh is small symbol all in one color that I can compare to vintage hockey jerseys that had the CCM manufacturing brand stamp on the uniform.

forsberg_2a__16230.1611779131.jpg?c=2

If the CCM logo was on the front you might think differently about it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

50 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

What happens here when I tell you that, for decades, many of the "manufacturers" whose logos appeared on the sleeves or hems or wherever didn't actually manufacture those jerseys?

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

yup.  That argument never made sense.  

“There’s already two corporate ads!  Adidas and the NHL”

duh, one is the league and the other is manufacturer.  It’s the same as CCM having their logo on their equipment.  They made it, it should have their logo. 

RBC didn’t make the sweater and shouldn’t be on the jersey. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

What happens here when I tell you that, for decades, many of the "manufacturers" whose logos appeared on the sleeves or hems or wherever didn't actually manufacture those jerseys?

So?  They are still the brand name of the sweater.  That’s not the same as a hospital or bank logo being slapped randomly onto a jersey. 

private label is a thing across most industries.  Those private labels don’t then throw on a highest bid ad from a random industry onto their product.